Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

Lio, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: DVPlayer 54.4 minor bugs and other info
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Once a .library is loaded into memory it's loaded from there and doesn't matter where on the disk it was loaded from, so as long as you pay attention to versioning you might as well copy libraries to LIBS:

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Replying to myself
Quote:
In playing around with it I did notice a couple of minor bugs.

2. In the Project menu there are two entries for Play DVD/VCD and Append DVD/VCD.

3. The keyboard shortcut for one of the Play DVD/VCD items has the same shortcut as the Change Skin item. Probably related to number 2.

Update!
Items 2 an 3 above were my fault. I had accidently copied the plugin directory of the old version of DvPlayer to the new DvPlayer directory.
They are not a defect in the new DvPlayer!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: DVPlayer 54.4 minor bugs
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Due to my ignorance of the subject, I asked the wrong question...
so, once again. Do I have to buy DVPlayer to get the UVD Southern Islands driver for VA Lib? I have ES2.1.

Quote:
On another side subject, did the InfoWB Polish catalogs work ? InfoWB now supports Shift+click and should be fully localised for Polish users.

Usually I do not install such replacements so I had to install it now.
While shift+LMB works fine, Polish catalogs do not. During the installation a message came out. RAWBinfo will be disabled but it was removed from WBStartup. Should be unticked, not removed. Plus, InfoWB was not ticked.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
@nbache
I agree and disagree with you. The AmigaOS way, in my opinion, is not "copy everything on libs, classes etc.". If the specific libs are released only with the specific software, and they are not available for anyone else to use them, nor they have available documentation for developers, then they should be only under the application they come with. Otherwise there are going to be conflicts and unknown situations with the software.
Absolutely.

And if an author is developing libraries solely for his own program to use, they should not only be installed locally with the program, but also have names which are not used by anyone else, e.g. for MyProg you could call a library for frying eggs myprogeggfry.library. That way you'd avoid the problem Andy mentions later above, that a library once loaded will be reused in memory.

Vice versa, if you intend your library for common use and name it generically, it also follows that you install it in LIBS: and take extra care to keep it backwards compatible when developing it further.

My opinion, of course.

And luckily it seems in this case, the libraries were in fact the same and usable from both programs, as later posts state.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: DVPlayer 54.4 minor bugs
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

I am also trying to purchase DVPlayer54, however your payment page refuses my two credit cards (which works on other online shops in EU, UK or USA)

I have sent an inquiry to accounts@ e-mail address.

Edited by SinanSam460 on 2021/10/21 14:08:46
Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I did not want to open a new thread for this information and I have taken the liberty to put it in here:

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2021-10-00074-EN.html

This link will take you to the original review of different video players for Amiga OS4. Since it is written in Polish, the article also includes a link to a automatic translation.

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)