Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 10 »
Re: New Sam460cr boards will hit the road soon!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
I don't know how it works in Russia but when I order something from outside the EU, I have to pay customs clearance fee and VAT. But most likely A-Cube will enclose the replacement value and not the commercial value. This means that you have to pay less VAT.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Mail sent again a few hours ago. No error reply so far.

Quote:
But I fear all the boards already sold out or reserved, demand as expected higher than just some little batch of new boards produced.

My A1-SE died many years ago. Hope I'm on time for one of these.

PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.17
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'd be very curious to know how many get sold with this batch, and how quickly they sell out. I'm wondering what the demand looks like with the A1222 still hovering as possibly available in the immediate future.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Acube will not tell us those nummers!

It is much more surprising that they can start a batch run where the Tabor has failed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

good to hear ACube is making and delivering the boards now! I came back to the Amiga PPC scene when the first Samflex boards came out for sale in 2008 (or 07?)with the first OS4.1 release

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Quote:

Wed, 24 Mar 2021
New Sam460cr production run
Bassano del Grappa, Italy - 24 Mar, 2020

We would like to thank all our customers for their incredible support and overwhelming response to the availability of the new Sam460cr batch. They went out of stock in no time at all.

We are planning a new, bigger, production run but we need your help now! Production will be available on pre-order, asking just a small fee that will be discounted from the final price, so if you are interested, please write us now at info@acube-systems.com to place your order or request additional information.

Please note that we will sell just the board, not full systems.

All customers who already placed their order and were unlucky with the first batch will be contacted by us for confirmation. Please be patient because we really got many emails, but rest assured that we will reply to everyone!

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Sounds like another nail in A1222's coffin

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie
Tabor was dead-end from the beginning (because of incompatible CPU), and the way how AEON handles audio driver (i.e. allowing taking years for it to be developed instead of founding another developer(s) for) for me looks a bit unprofessional. ACUBE with SAM surely a better choose.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

That's true. The only thing that is right about the A1222 is the form factor. This is why the Sam460 is unfortunately not an option for me because I already have a flexATX-sized machine, and I'd prefer something smaller to take to Amiga get-togethers and developer sessions.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Btw, is anyone know-how in today's time the speed of handling packages in the "International Exchange Center Italy"? My package handles therefrom 16 Mar, so takes 9 days already

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e,
you are speaking about Italy's customs handling,
when a parcel hit that place you never know if and when
it can get out.
I have a shipment waiting from 7 January.
I hope you are luckier than me.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kas1e
I bought a Tascam 122 mkIII tapedeck from Italy last summer and the delivery time wasn't bad at all, had it within a week from ship notice.

Please do a YT video when you get it, always fun to watch your Amiga test videos, and maybe a writeup of your thoughts on 460 vs X5000.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pvanni
Quote:

you are speaking about Italy's customs handling,
when a parcel hit that place you never know if and when
it can get out.
I have a shipment waiting from 7 January.
I hope you are luckier than me.

After 15 days of being in Italy's customs handling, it is now in the "International Exchange Center of the Russian Federation". So, Italy passed, now Russian's custom. At the moment only 19 days passed since the Acube pack all up and send. If it will fit into 30-40 days in summary that will be pretty well.

@khayoz
Quote:

Please do a YT video when you get it, always fun to watch your Amiga test videos

Thanks, will do of course :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
So I received my board! IT turned out that it was just about 5 days in Italy's customs, just info on tracking wasn't updated properly. So today I got it, and the whole delivery to Russia takes about 20 days. Also, I had to pay 70$ for Russian customs, so not that much.

Now, about the package itself. Firstly few negative moments:

There seems a mistake, I have an AmigaOS4 disk for AmigaONE XE/SE/MicroA1 instead of for Sam460. As I beta tester I have no issues with got necessary ISO, but still, for someone, it may be a problem.

The motherboard itself does not look new, but probably some kind of repair of an older one? I can be wrong, but I got that opinion from the strange manual glue parts closed to the CPU:

Resized Image Resized Image

The whole board looks like it was touched by hands a lot, and not something freshly produced, and what fears me most, the main Power PSU connector looks like touched manually, there I can see 2 resistors, and all in the glue:

All other stuff is positive: all packed well, all the game boxes promised there, additional stuff like memory, SATA card, SATA cables, backplate (!), tasty stickers, etc, all in place, so far all good.

Now, tried to install it all:

I put the memory module to it, attach PSU, connect the USB keyboard and install the RadeonHD card (and nothing else). PowerON, and while I can see green lights on the motherboard, I see nothing on the monitor.

Attached serial cable and that what I have when power on the machine:

U-Boot 2015.a (May 16 2015 14:20:11)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 460EX RevB at 1100 MHz (PLB=220 OPB=110 EBC=110)

No Security/Kasumi support
       Bootstrap Option H 
Boot ROM Location I2C (Addr 0x52)

Internal PCI arbiter enabled
       32 kB I
-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board
Sam460ex/crPCIe 4x PCIe 1x
I2C
:   ready
DRAM
:  2 GiB (ECC not enabled440 MHzCL4)
PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
PCIE0
link is not up.
PCIE1successfully set as root-complex
        02  00  1002  682b  0300  ff
Net
:   ppc_4xx_eth0
FPGA
:  Revision 03 (2010-10-07)
SM502not found
PERMD2
:not found
VGA
:   1
VESA
:  OK

And nothing else happens. Shouldn't I at this stage see something on the monitor, like, the usually UBOOT stuff from which I can operate? Or I forget something important?

I didn't attach any SATA device (as PCI slot for Sata card is fully unused because of big gfx-card), and didn't put any flash/USB sticks into it, just think Uboot should be shown up even without any bootable device attached, right?

Edited by kas1e on 2021/4/3 18:14:41
Edited by kas1e on 2021/4/3 18:17:18
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Your Video card may not be compatible with the Sam460ex/cr U-Boot.
Sam460ex/cr are very picky with the Radeon SI cards.
Also will not show U-Boot with the Radeon Rx cards
So best to try thing out with an earlier Radeon HD model.
Then skip to the Radeon Rx with no u-Boot.
You may need a a riser cable to be able to use your pci slot .
or get a single slot Radeon Rx Card. This is one of mine.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VYR2L43/? ... sc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Once you get up and running you can create a custom So Install image with the RadeonRx driver included .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/p4 ... nstaller_Polaris.jpg?dl=0

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
Quote:

Sam460ex/cr is very picky with the Radeon SI cards.

I just tested it with my RadeonHD Verde card I had in X5000 previously.. And anyway, shouldn't on serial I have something like "no bootable device found" or something, or, when RadeonHD didn't work those latest "VESA: OK" mean system freezes?

Quote:

Once you get up and running you can create a custom So Install image with the RadeonRx driver included.

But then still no boot, right? But on RadeonHD Uboot should work when the card working, or it also no boot for both Radeon RX and Radeon HD on sams?

Quote:

You may need a a riser cable to be able to use your PCI slot

Right, have a link on working 100% one?:) (asking because if there issues with gfx cards working in x5000, but non working in sams, i fear there can be issues with risers as well)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Try starting with a video card from a series before the Radeon HD southern Islands. A HD5450 or HD6570 or HD6450 for example.

There are many cards in the RadeonHD SI family that will work on the X5000 but not on the Sam460Ex/Cr .

Issues will be with the card themselves and not the riser cables.

Some Radeon HD's SI models will boot to workbench bot no U-Boot.

Radeon Rx550 and Rx560 models should boot to WB with no U-boot once you have the Radeon Rx driver installed on the boot drive

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
Quote:

Try starting with a video card from a series before the Radeon HD Southern Islands. An HD5450 or HD6570 or HD6450 for example.

That kind of BIG limitation to say at least. I really know before that only RadeonRX has no uboot output, but works in WB, but didn't know at all that many RadeonHD cards will not works at all, that kind of news for me. Surely it can't be expected that I will start buy cards one by one to find out what one will show uboot and works?:))

Btw, when you say "will not work" mean just uboot, or not work at all?

But Radeon RX cards from another hand, all work the same as in x5000, just shown no boot, right?

Quote:

Issues will be with the card themselves and not the riser cables.

To clear it a bit: by riser cable, you mean riser cable for PCI-e in which we put video card? Or riser cable for PCI slot to which we put SATA card?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

PCIex16 cable for the video card.
If you have a dual slot video card or if the video card fan output is blocked by the pci sata card and gets too hot.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

If you can find plain Radeon HD variants these should work ok.
HD7750 or HD7770. Some newer ones R7-250X or R7-250E moel also work with no problems. But most newer variants are a problem for some reason.

The Radeon RX 550 or RX 560 models will probbaly work close to 100% but with no U-Boot so not good for setting up a fresh system .

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 10 »