Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problems installing os4 final
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi! I can't install os4 final booting the cd.It loads to the point where you can see the wb window and just loads for ages then the cd rom stops and,well....Nothing more....I can however install it from cd when booted from upd#4. But when i use final,Ib 2.4 gives me isi error everytime i press rmb.

Any clue why ib behaves like this? Using a1SE 600 G3..

Go to top
Re: Problems installing os4 final
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Antique

It sounds like your CD might be corrupted. Have you burned it to a CDRW? Some people have reported problems when doing that, and they "fixed" it by putting it on a CDR instead.

As far as your IB problems go, that is more than likely down to the fact you updated an upd4 installation and have some old versions of files lying about. Some libraries have now moved from LIBS: to kickstart and the tools directory has gone completely, with the various programs that were in it now being moved to other locations.

The warnings about doing a fresh install were not guidelines, they were a MUST, and for good reason.

Try burning the image again onto CDR and see what happens then

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

I had indeed a problem booting for OS4_Final from a CDRW. So I install OS4Upd4 on an Empty partition (HD1:, backup by current OS4Upd4 Install (on HD4:) and format that partition.
I then rebooted on that new OS4_Upd4 Install and run the setup for OS4_Final from the CDRW to the newly formatted HD0: and now everything works fine...

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

As rigo says go for the ISO on CD-R first but if that fails to boot and your sure the connents of the CD are fine then try the following.

Boot your OS4Upd4 from HD
Create a new partition on Your HD
Insert Disk and Install to the empty partition.
Open media toolbox
Update SLB if required
Change your boot partition to the new partition.

Alternativly

Boot your OS4upd4, backup or lha your sys: partition to another partition.
Install OS4final from CD to a new partition
Update SLB if required
soft reboot with no startup-sequence
delete everything from sys:
copy every thing over from the new partition you installed it to
then cold reboot.

You could try putting a ; infront of the usbkickstart modules in the kicklayoutfile if you are having trouble booting. It might be wise to do this before you reboot.
I know the SE had USB problems but as i never owned one i cant say for sure or not if this will help if you encounter problems.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

This thrread looked into it __

http://amigans.net/modules/newbb/view ... ype=&topic_id=258&forum=3

Resetting the IDEports in UBoot is best.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

I made a new cd with final,doesn't work either when booted from the cd. loads everything but the workbench comes up with nothing on it,no windows opened at all. The cd loads and loads and suddenly after a while it stops. Nothing..

I can however install from workbench when started from my hd,but nothing really works,yam gives gr,so does sometimes wookie,and ib 2.4 allways crash when holding rmb.

The cd was tested on a friends a1XE and worked perfectly. What can be wrong????????

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Sounds as if your RAM is faulty
Get memtester and let it check...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

no problems here - just done it last night.

the hardest bits I have to say were downloading 50 megs on a dialup link :nuts: backing up my upd4 partition, and figuring out MakeCD/FryingPan to make the install disk.

Ater that,all was fine - when I checked the CD the icons looked awful, but that seems to be down to an updated icon.library - when I booted the CD, they look fanTASTic!!

gonna spend some (lots!) of time tweaking it!

the desktop looks really nice with the new icon scheme!

also - no gfx card probs, no monitor probs, and no sound probs! nice!
(A1XE G3/800 512MB RAM with Radeon 7000VE 32MB onboard sound)

oh - and this is my first post on amigans!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

The cd was tested on a friends a1XE and worked perfectly. What can be wrong????????

I would start with Ram check as Raziel says. Maybe the card is loose? If ram is ok, then the ide system is faulty somewhere -- like a bad cable. Are all your UBoot IRQs set correctly?

Oops, I see you're using --- a1SE 600 G3.
I don't know much about SEs ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

I've been running memtester for two days,stopped it at loop 185. Everything was ok so far. Checked the irq too,was ok.

I've managed two times to get to the welcome window of os4,when hitting ok,a few seconds later i get GR complaining about locale.... Update 4 cd works fine when booted from the cd.....

Any other ideas?????

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
When i go into mui and start mui,sometimes it gives me gr,but other times it works. If i try to alter the settings or look around on the prefs it gives me gr too. ISI errors,just like the ones i get on ib 2.4 when hitting rmb.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Yesterday I and Antique, tried swapping RAM module whit my AmigaOne-XE, I did not have any problems his 512Mb ram module in side my AmigaOne-XE, we installed OS4 on his hard drive using my computer, ever thing worked fine, no crashed in MUI or any thing like that, then we swapped back his ram and hard-drive and tried on his AmigaOne-SE, wow that computer is f**k up... crash when we tried MediaTool box, crashed on UnArh, crashed on MUI prefs, crashed when right clicking on web links in IB3.4, half of the time IB did not even start.

As we have now ruled out memory as being a problem, and the install CD, and the hard drive, what else can be wrong, it?s where odd that his computer works fine whit update 4, how many beta tester have AmigaOne-SE? what type of configuration do you have?

Antiques configuration is:

AmigaONE SE 600 MHz
SIL680 ATA controller
512 MB RAM
Sound Blaster Live

Some thing I noticed whit AmigaOne-SE is the CPU is mounted on the motherboard and CPU fan, it?s so tiny you hardly notice it, the, looks like some thing normally attached to graphics card, also the complete motherboard layout is different.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Have diabled usb,using siil0680 on best pio mode.
Only thing i haven't tried is replacing the battery,but can this be the problem??? Seems to work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I've foound the mother of all problems. It was the ram that did all this to me. I'm now using a different ram and i have installed a fresh final without problems,which was not possible before. Even installed the latest update with no problems. Mui works well,everything seems to work great now. I'm a happy guy

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

Antique wrote:
It was the ram that did all this to me.

Which ram was the problematic? (maker+model if possible)

TIA,
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

I don't remember the name for it. I'll ask liveforit since i swapped with him. It's quite odd since we tried my ram in his machine and installed the os4 final without problems. So it might be that the SE is a bit problematic? So if everything works great for him he got twice the ram he used to have.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

Antique wrote:
@Jack

I don't remember the name for it. I'll ask liveforit since i swapped with him. It's quite odd since we tried my ram in his machine and installed the os4 final without problems. So it might be that the SE is a bit problematic?

The info might be handy for SE owners so they won't try to use it in the machine

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post