Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 46 47 48 (49) 50 51 52 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Yeah something like this of IBrowse 2.5:
https://www.ibrowse-dev.net/2.5/screenshots/spoofing.png

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
I want to add new agents...

In the kt_scripts archive on OS4Depot there is a script included that allows you to set the user agent to spoof as more modern browsers and set a custom one if you want. I've tried out a lot of newer user agents and the trouble is that is causes some sites, like YouTube, to try to use features that aren't supported with Odyssey. Anyway, you can try different user agents with Odyssey with this script and see if you can find user agensts you like. It would be nice to have something built in.

You can get kt_scripts Here!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

Aniway, are you open enough to accept also a couple of feature request for the MUI GUI ?
Still a couple of things still annoying me since age

Not now surely :) Firstly i want to update all 3d party libs to the latest ones.

@nbache
Quote:

Is it possible to let the user define their own agent string in addition? Then it wouldn't get outdated again like the former ones did.

It could e.g. be done in a tooltype or something, not necessarily in the prefs GUI - partly because I assume it would be easier for you, partly because it would be less tempting for novice users to play around with (mess up ).

If doing this, it should be done in prefs of course, just like in IBrowse samo show. Just i not a coder, so it should be done by someone skilled, who can do clean code, without introducing mess and bugs :) It can be better if IBrowse code was somewhere available, so that part can be just reused in Odyssey, but seems that should be writen from scratch :)

@ktadd
Quote:

I've tried out a lot of newer user agents and the trouble is that is causes some sites, like YouTube, to try to use features that aren't supported with Odyssey.

By features that aren't supported you probably mean just outdated webkit's core ? But yes, i noticed the same, that spoofing with modern user-agents make for some sites things be even worse, but then from another side, modern user-agannts on other sites give you ability to pass futher than now. More choices always better

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Once i add more than 16 user agents to the list, odyssey crashes in OWBWindow_BuildSpoofMenu in the https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/blob/ ... /owbwindowclass.cpp#L2594

At that line:

https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/blob/ ... /owbwindowclass.cpp#L2619

As it about 16, and crashed line are malloc + all those sizeof and strlens over pointers, i assume it about size of pointer.

Did someone skilled can fix it so it can handle more than 16 user agents ? I can of course keep it as it, and just use 15 and no more, but still feels like something worth dealing with.

useragents_strings placed in the prefswindowclass.cpp, there: https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/blob/ ... prefswindowclass.cpp#L321

"menu_entry" are in gui.h, and looks like this:
Quote:

struct menu_entry
{
int type;
int index;
char data[0];
};

Edit: it seems about strlen(*agents); exactly, because if i add pure printfs before crashed line, to printf sizes of agents, then 16 times all printfs fine, and on 17st one crash, without printing anything.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Of course, there is my current ones :

/* Keep the two arrays below in sync */
STATIC STRPTR useragents_labels[] =
{

"Odyssey Web Browser",

"Firefox 25 (Windows)",

"Firefox 3.6 (Windows)",

"Firefox 74 (Windows)",

"Internet Explorer 6",

"Internet Explorer 8",

"Internet Explorer 10",

"Internet Explorer 11",

"Edge 80 (Windows)",

"Opera 12.14 (Windows)",

"Opera 12.16 (Mac)",

"Opera 67 (Mac)",

"Safari 6.0.2 (Mac)",

"Safari 13 (Mac)",

"Chrome 32 (Windows)",

"Chrome 80 (Windows)",

"IPhone 6",

"IPhone 13",

"IPad 6.1",

"IPad 13.2.3",

NULL
};

And

STATIC STRPTR useragents_strings[] =
{

odysseyuseragent,

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0",

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/3.6",

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0",

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)",

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)",

"Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0)",

"Mozilla/5.0 (compatible, MSIE 11, Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko",

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36 Edg/80.0.361.62",

"Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.14",

"Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14.1) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16",

"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36 OPR/67.0.3575.53"

"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.2 Safari/536.26.17"

"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0 Safari/605.1.15",

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1667.0 Safari/537.36",

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36",

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25",

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.38 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/66.6 Mobile/14A5297c Safari/602.1",

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 6_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B141 Safari/8536.25",

"Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 13_2_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.3 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1",

NULL
};

Maybe that "STRPTR" thing cause issues ? I remember when i port long ago last versions, i had to replace in some parts STATIC STRPTR and STATIC CONST STRPTR on pure STRPTR, as it cause issues, and some of those changes were in the prefswindowclass.cpp for sure.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

A missing ',' after "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36 OPR/67.0.3575.53" unless it was a copy-paste mistake.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Damn crap! :) I rechecked it 3 times before to be sure there no missing ones, but there it is. Thanks :) As it miss then all the stuff after, together with NULL => babah.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Great to hear.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta02.lha

Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta02 - AmigaOS4

-- Added bunch of new and up2date user agents to "spoof as".
-- Enabled WebP support
-- WebKit revision number is now presented in AboutBox too
-- Recompiled with more up2date 3d party libraries: libFreeType2 2.10.1, libXML2 2.9.10, libXSLT 1.1.34 and libWebP 1.0.3

Give it a go, if all will be fine we can put new stuff on Github too. Through "webp" rendering still the same "blue color". That needs to be fixed (in odyssey probably, and need to check how morphos version reacts in that terms). But imho better to have it works like this than no having it works at all.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

Do picture channels need to be swapped after all in the webp decoder engine?
In the png decoder code f.e., there's no line where it looks for the endianess like in webp.
Maybe it is done elsewhere in the component in chage of the render. Cairo format seems to be "ARGB" form the decoder sources.
Regards,

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Nice, thank you

I have two requests that bothers me for a long time now, if possible.

1) Could you
a) Add "DuckDuckGo" to the list of Search Engines (Windows/Search Engines)
Quote:
and
b) remove the forced Google search when one types into the address field, or rather replace it with the search engine that is set to be the first entry in the Search engines list.

and

2) Could you remove the "automatic completion suggestion" when typing into the search field (on the top right)?
This one is annoying as hell as my typing is faster than the suggestions PD menu and i end up with broken entries, because the "suggestion" tends to "eat" the first character i typed once the PD menu is gone again.

Thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

You know the font seems better in this release, in some kind they seems more similar to the font we used in the old Orygin Web Browser

See grab:

https://imgbbb.com/image/TLovty

At the left side OWB R1 and at the right the same page opened with the newest R2
All works fine, just this R2 seems a little bit slower when scrolling, but i'm not 100% sure yet

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Samo
If font start to be better, then seems fresher freetype library can do something about, which in end can probabaly take a bit more ms for rendering.

@Raziel
Are you sure about needs to add more search engines by default, as users can add them too ?

And about "automatic completion suggestion" at top/right, yeah, some option to turn that crap off will be handy for sure :)

@Petrol
Quote:

As it was there, probabaly it have needs for, but need to check yep

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@All
Thanks for the new beta, I really appreciate your work.
Thanks again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

But if some speed difference still, it's really tiny
I wonder if somethings exits in term of web tools to test this in real number
Aniway as you are updating all libs hopefully an updated/accelerated Cairo/Pixmen could solve everything and add more and more fun

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
With Cairo updating not all that fancy : I sure can update to the latest version, but it will be not hardware accelerated.

The version which Fredrik has, have amiga-specific surface, and there where things hardware accelerated. But Odyssey, use "image surface" all over the places, so to support even tiny bit of acceleration, it needs to changes in Odyssey's code in all the place to switch from image surface to amiga surface, and maybe then it can give some benefits (but no one know how much).

Probabaly after updating all the libs, that stuff need to be considered (i.e. to try to replace in the odyssey image -surface on amiga-surface to be able to use fredrik's version).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Petrol
Quote:

In the png decoder code f.e., there's no line where it looks for the endianess like in webp.
Maybe it is done elsewhere in the component in chage of the render. Cairo format seems to be "ARGB" form the decoder sources.
Regards,

Tried firstly both versions of that output (for big/middle/little endians) - both suck.

Then as you remind that cairo format seems to be ARGB from decoder sources, then i just do:

inline WEBP_CSP_MODE outputMode(bool hasAlpha) { return hasAlpha ? MODE_Argb : MODE_ARGB; }

And:

(press open in new tab for fullsize)

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta02 - AmigaOS4

-- Added bunch of new and up2date user agents to "spoof as".
-- Enabled WebP support
-- WebKit revision number is now presented in AboutBox too
-- Recompiled with more up2date 3d party libraries: libFreeType2 2.10.1, libXML2 2.9.10, libXSLT 1.1.34 and libWebP 1.0.3

Thank you kas1e!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Understand, just do you know what is the current state of the salass libs ?
I mean, is everything accelerated already in his implementation and if not everything accelerated yet, atleast does we have already some simple test of his implementation compared to a "plain" one ?
As you say that OWB need to be rewrite in various area for Amiga surface, having a simple test could atleast suggest us if in end the work will worth or not

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 46 47 48 (49) 50 51 52 ... 72 »