Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
List of wanted Software
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just to maybe inspire willing Developers, I thought to open a new tread where we can suggest needed software. Of course the obvious for many are a Webbrowser and Office Suite, which I deem too big for a single developer, but I'll list them for completeness.

I will update this first post if suggestions come in, maybe, maybe there could be a poll later on to assign priority.

- Web Browser
- Office Suite (To me an up-to-date Wordworth or Final Writer and TurboCalc would suffice)
- ignition is being worked on and seems to come along well.
- Gutenprint
- Network Stack

- Update for Synergy Client or Server (www.symless.com). Exists as part of UHCTools -thx smf- but the Meta-key (LAmiga and RAmiga) do not work as of 2019-10-17.
- Update:mp3 Tag software (post #13 #27 #47)Probably already in AmiStore upload queque. Thanks @jvp!
- Compare Folders Utility with options to copy, move, rename entries Partially exists Post #21, #29
- Duplicate files finder with a nice GUI to automatically select, compare, move and delete duplicates. WEx has it partially implemented
- File Renamer. Drop Files to the app, and rename multiple files in an easy way. Already exists as MultiRen by OnyxSoft
- A font engine which supports colour fonts (specifically OTF-SVG)[...] This would mean we get colour scalable fonts, including Emojis. Post #39
-Bible App viewer as proposed by Samurai_Crow on AW Link to Topic akin to Bibvision

p.s. Please, any developer do not feel offended, this is not intended to diminish any work you have done so far on any project. Just a list where you can maybe find something interesting to work out.

Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/6/27 15:27:54
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/6/28 10:54:58
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/6/29 10:38:02
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/7/1 12:01:05
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/7/13 6:51:56
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/7/13 6:52:57
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/7/13 6:56:09
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/7/13 7:01:38
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/7/13 7:09:05
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/10/17 8:55:50
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/10/17 9:00:06
Edited by Amigo1 on 2019/11/29 3:32:53
Go to top
Re: List of wanted Software
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

@Amigo1

You should test Multiren and see if it fits your needs for file renaming.

I have not needed to use it for many many years but i remember it as a great tool.

http://www.onyxsoft.se/multiren.html

I'm sure theres alternatives for many of your other requests also.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smf

Hi, thx for the suggestion, I have a registered copy of Multiren. Once you get used to it, it's very powerful, but it can be a little counterintuitive at times. Maybe Denil715 has interest in a second version?
Besides that it does not work reliably anymore, I'm not 100% sure but it was after a MUI update.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigo1

If multiren has stopped working correctly you should give Denil715 some feedback about it.

If it turns out to be a problem with mui then the mui-dev team need feedback.
Things often gets fixed much quicker if the developers gets feedback :)

I used to use multiren to rename mp3 files to match my preference about how they should be named and maybe it was a bit counterintuitive but i mostly remembers it as a great tool for it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smf

I absolutely agree: MultiRen is a very powerful renamer! The only "issue" I have with its functionality, is it's complexity when a quick multi-rename is needed. Should you have access to a mac, try Namechanger (donation ware) or the integrated Multirename in Finder. It works a bit like "Replace" in the Renplacer Tool of MultiRen, but with less clicking, instant preview.

But at the end you are right, I did open this thread to advocate less duplicate projects and as an inspiration for devs. So I will cross the file rename out the list.

About the bug, I will try to duplicate the error and send it to Daniel.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If people were willing to pay for an MP3 Tag Editor, for example 5-10 euros, I would consider making one.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigo1

Workbench Explorer -> Tools menu -> Smart rename

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigo1

For Synergy I would suggest you look at UHCTools. One of the tools is 'SynergyClient" which was updated as recently as 6/18/2019. It runs on both OS3 and OS4. It works very well, in fact I'm writing this post using it now.

They do not offer the server, that is a bit more work. MorphOS ships with a built in Client and Server but for OS4 we have the UHCtools client.

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Amigo1

You could try Ignition for your spreadsheet needs.

http://ignition-amiga.sourceforge.net/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigo1

This is where I post most Final Writer updates.

https://www.facebook.com/finalwriter

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@terminills

The perfect place to hide them from at least my view.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
MultiRen is great. It can be fiddly to use, but its fiddly because it is so powerful and has alot of options to master.

I think what we need most is an updated network stack. My download, and especially upload speeds, on OS4 are diabolically slow. I boot into into Linux on my X5000 and, with the same hardware, I get much faster speeds.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jap

Quote:
If people were willing to pay for an MP3 Tag Editor, for example 5-10 euros, I would consider making one.

You have your first supporter here. I hope other will follow.

As far as I am aware, the available mp3 taggers available atm are:
- id3editor (needs pearl and extensions, I could not get it to work)
- qtagger (very much too basic, no album cover supported)
- id3tagLibGUI (68k, does not work reliably under OS4 and does not save all tags even if properly configured in settings). But is the only one also (sometimes) writing tags to AAC and m4a files.
- Various shell id taggers wich miss many functions and tags
- MusicTagger on os4depot ist so far the best stand alone, but it does delete tags which it does not support, which is pretty annoying. And there is no way to see version of the IDTag it is writing.
- aTunes tage Editor. Something is. missing there too.

So many and all done by halves, because everyone had to start from scratch.

Regarding the layout and functionality, I like how they solved them in mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) for MSWin and on Tag Editor for macOS (www.wondershare.net), besides iTunes.
If you get the time to check the mentioned software, i'd like to know if you think something similar is feasible, by possibly increasing the amount you suggested.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mritter0

Yes, I knew about the smart-rename, It's well implemented in Workbench Explorer and and it's about the same as the integrated function in macOS Finder, so I will take that off the list.

I still think a more intuitive and simpler to use rename utility with real-time preview would be a nice and useful addition.
Maybe something similar to "NameChanger" on macOS https://mrrsoftware.com/namechanger

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tekmage

I tried the SynergyClient from the UHC-Tools, did not now about the UHC-Tools at all, Thanks!

It connect well but I did not manage to make any of the Amiga keys work.
All the settings on the server side regarding "Shift, Alt, Control, Meta and Super key" are apparently ignored on the Amiga Side.

Ctrl and Alt do what they are supposed to do however.

The Mouse scrolling is ignored too, it was working with asynergy 2.0 (2006 version from os4depot). I could get used to work without mouse scrolling, but not without the Left and Right Amiga keys.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

Thanks for the suggestion.

I added the network stuck to the first group, the more "difficult" category. And I suppose it probably should be something done by the OS-developers.

cheers

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
And I suppose it probably should be something done by the OS-developers.
Why?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
- Various shell id taggers wich miss many functions and tags
All I've ever needed was id3 (http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... /filetool/id3edit-os4.lha), which must be one of those referred to here. It's command line, but since I always use it from a script, that's fine with me. And it has always worked fine.

But I guess those who want something else must need specific features - which ones?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@daveyw
Quote:

I think what we need most is an updated network stack. My download, and especially upload speeds, on OS4 are diabolically slow. I boot into into Linux on my X5000 and, with the same hardware, I get much faster speeds.

How slow is diabolically slow?
I suspect that what you need is a better driver for your nic. What nic are you using?

I'm using some pcie rtl8169 on my X5000 and for me the limiting factor is that my router can not operate fast enough to test the speed (and i can not do a speedtest on my local network since my other machines is on slow wifi or is slower than the X5000.

Here is a speedtest i just ran.

8.RAM Disk:UHCTools> aget.os4 http://speedtest.bahnhof.se/100M.zip
Buffer size: 128kB
Sent HTTP GET request!
Done parsing HTTP header
Server response: 200 OK
Receiving file: 0% - [oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo] - 100% (100MB)
100MB received in 8.90s - 11.23MB/s

As i said.. the router does not run any faster so i do not know how fast i can go but this must be better than diabolically slow?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
As far as I am aware, the available mp3 taggers available atm are:
* id3editor
* qtagger
* id3tagLibGUI
* Various shell id taggers
* MusicTagger
* aTunes tage Editor

Music-Tagger was the only one which worked straight from the package. (I didn't try any command line taggers.)

Quote:
Regarding the layout and functionality, I like how they solved them in mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) for MSWin and on Tag Editor for macOS (www.wondershare.net), besides iTunes.

I liked the Tag Editor for Mac's list approach. It seemed very powerful way of editing the tags. I'll have to investigate if all those list features/actions (images and pop-ups) are possible with Reaction.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »