Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Trying to get a Radeon HD 7750 working in an AmigaOne XE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

PM sent!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helloworld

This is really interesting!

I got the AmigaOne G3-SE with a Radeon 9200 card installed, however only half of the 256 VRAM is recognised by the driver. Apparently it's due to only the first bank of memory being initialised.

Did you get your HD7750 card working at the end ?
And, I suppose the 66MHz PCI slot maybe could not be used, even with AGP card unplugged ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@monomango

Hans was kind enough to send me a special driver which initialized the card when kickstart was loaded
but it gave an out of range signal

Quote:
RadeonHD (0): ERROR: AtomBIOS is stuck in a loop for more than 5 seconds. Aborting
RadeonHD (0): ERROR: AtomBIOS stuck executing C7E5 (len 321, WS 0, PS 4) @ 0x0072. Aborting.
RadeonHD.chip (0): ParseTable said: CD_INFINITE_LOOP_ENCOUNTERED

RadeonHD.chip (0): rhdOpen: AsicInit failed. Won't be able to obtain VRAM FB scratch space

We've hit a roadblock so as a last ditch effort I (on my own initiative) tried to reflash the bios and killed my 7750.

As others have posted, cards before the 7000 series probably work but without Nova support I'm not motivated to try.

The 7750 wouldn't display anything in the 66mhz slot.
uboot cannot see anything behind a PCI bridge chip in the 66mhz slot, so the pex chip actually gets detected in uboot.
(with the AGP card installed, I can't remember why you couldn't use both slots)

My 128bit 256MB 9250 has the same problem with only 128MB being used,
but as a 32bit 1600x1200 user I personally never came close to running out of VRAM.
(Oddessy with 10 tabs takes 80MB, 47MB left)

Althrough I think that my card now only has a 64bit memorybus because of it?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helloworld

Interesting. And sorry to hear about the loss of your card.

Yeah, I'm also afraid that the issue only leaves a 64-bit interface, not the full 128-bit. As from another thread here I recently started, it seems to be related to the fact that the second bank of memory is not addressed immediately after the first bank. The driver simply doesn't know where to look for the second bank, simply put I suppose. So those cards that address it straight after the first bank, get to use the full 256MB (and possibly 128-bit width).

If your card is 256MB, and has 128-bit width, isn't it then per definition a 9200 ? I thought all 9250's were 64-bit (and possibly max 128MB). Or I got it wrong.

I would be interested to get the hold of a 9000 Pro to try out, it should have the full support for acceleration iirc. I run such in my PPC PowerMac, with MorphOS, quite decent performance.

AmigaOne G3-SE : G3@667MHz, Radeon 9200 AGP 256MB, 2GB Reg 133MHz RAM, RTL8169 gigabit Ethernet, NEC USB 2.0, Sii0680/Sii3114, PS/2 keyboard and mouse
AmigaOne X5000 : P5040, Radeon RX580, 16GB Reg RAM, ESI Juli@
Both: AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2, Linux
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I know that this is a very very old post.

But I succsseed to get a Radeon HD 7xxx working in an AmigaOne XE !
It works with transparent PCI-PCIe bridge ( chip P17C9X ).
Not works with PEX8111 ( "RadeonHD card successfully opened", but black screen ).

Here is GfxBench2D score:
http://hdrlab.org.nz/benchmark/gfxben ... oard/AmigaOne/Result/2476

It is nice, but far from ideal. As Helloworld tested, it works only on PCI 33 MHz slot, and there is no interrupt on graphics card.
And the worst is, that Warp3D-SI not works, allways crash. Thus MiniGL have to be redirected via MiniGL4GL4ES to Warp3D Nova.

I will try make some interrupt research .

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor
Intersting, can we made radeonHD works on pegasos2 with same adapter ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

It probably not works with Pegasos 2.

For sure it will not works with Open firmware.
Long time ago I tested HD4350 PCI version ( in real it is PCIe version with incorporated PEX 811x bridge ).
Open firmware was black, but it autoboots to MorphOS and works. But very lazy and slow. And others PCIe cards not works for me these days. But maybe with transparent bridge...

Anyway, when I finish my couple of testing, I can test it also here on Pegasos 2, both with AOS and MOS. But I wait till bigfoot finished new graphics drivers.

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I succsseed to modify U-Boot settings and receive interruts for PCIe graphics card behind the PCI-PCIe bridge.
https://img38.rajce.idnes.cz/d3803/17/ ... -PCIe-bridge-UPRAVENO.jpg

https://img38.rajce.idnes.cz/d3803/17/ ... 02.00.00-VGA-UPRAVENO.jpg

Radeon HD work on my AmigaOne XE with interrupts now.
Or at least now missing this annoying message:
RadeonHD.chip (0): UBoot has not initialized the graphics card's interrupt line. Disabling interrupts.
RadeonHD.chip (0): Please upgrade your UBoot firmware.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I finished testing of PCIe HD7xx cards on AmigaOne XE.
There is the link to translation from Czech language:
https://www-amigaportal-cz.translate.g ... x_tr_hl=cs&_x_tr_pto=wapp

original:
https://www.amigaportal.cz/node/158086

I am sorry, I cannot write so long texts in English.
Just now I am playing with PCIe card interrupts, we will see.

Edited by sailor on 2022/10/22 18:45:18
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sailor
You put some real work into your articles, i reading them all with google translate, and it's just sad that they will be vanished in the history only because they not in some more popular place where all old/new aos4 users can see it.

Imho your articles surely deserve a place in the os4 wiki (just in english), in some "hardware" section or so. For sure intresting and usefull.

ps. I am remember correctly, it's you wrote big article on the same site about pegasos2 speed up modifications, right ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kas1e

Thank You! Unfortunatelly there is no such place on wiki. And my English is very poor and I am lazy . But theoretically it is possible, if we find some place.

Regarding the Pegasos 2, it is old article with only few technical details. It is on older portal: http://powerpc.lukysoft.cz/upgrade-pegasos-ii-0
But important links not works now, i will send you new ones via PM.

Anyway, after bigfoot finish new graphic drivers for MorphOS, there will be time for second Pegasos 2 upgrade and testing of PCIe card. OpenFirmware not works with PCIe bridges, but Pegasos can autoboot to system. We will see...

Edited by sailor on 2022/10/24 20:04:04
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Finally I finished testing my AmigaOne XE.
On this address you will find article ( again in Czech language ) with:
- schoolbook how looks PCI HW interrupt in AmigaOne XE
- instructions how modify PCI settings ( mainly interrupts ), usable for proper setting of PCIe graphics cards and combo cards.

Attention: it is long and boring!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sailor
Didn't have time to made tests with peg2 ?:)

As you can see there are some activity going on in “emulation” thread about pegasos2 on QEMU, so i want to play with it on real pegasos.

Will be interesting to know if the bridge you use, will work for morphos to autoboot it, even with some older HD cards.

You says that on XE "PXE8111" didn't works, while P17C9X one works ? I just see in shop PXE8112 (not 11 at end, but 12), but not sure if it has any changes which can make it works. For our computers usually later revisions = less compatibility.. Just want to buy 3-4 adapters of different kind to play with.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I just see in shop PXE8112 (not 11 at end, but 12), but not sure if it has any changes which can make it works. For our computers usually later revisions = less compatibility..

Probably waste of money. They are advertised (on photo) as PEX8112 while in fact are PEX8111. I bought two of these
And yes, many years ago (Hans?) did some tests and PEX8112 works.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sailor
In your article, you wrote that PEX 8111/8112 not works for you, but how it behaves ? I mean, from the point of Ranger. Just didn't see a video card attach to it and only as bridge ? Or cards is visibly, but something else not work ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
PEX 8111/8112 not works: it means, that Sam440ep-flex or AmigaOne normally boots to AmigaOs, on serial debug there is all OK. Radeon.chip recognized gfx card HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort ouputs and diplay message: "RadeonHD card successfully opened".
But in real I see black screen with no image.

And I forgot if with 8111/2 U-Booot was visible or not - with P17C9X is U-Boot visible.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)