Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 27 »
Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

AWeb will fail.
DTConvert from os4depot (written by Salasso I think) will fail.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

thank you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@glames
Quote:
When I read this, I have the feeling that I "hacked" the system :)

I didn't do that: I just followed the AmigaOS 4 official guideline here:
http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Programm ... atypes_-_Making_Life_Easy , chapter "Connecting sound.datatype and ahi.device".

I know you did, and that example code really needs an update (it's a wiki...). Clearly someone copied code from somewhere else onto the wiki.

Nevertheless, the Autodocs (i.e., the specification) state that you shouldn't rely on the sound data being there. Unfortunately, the lack of streaming datatypes meant that nobody caught the error in the example code... until now.

Now, so many people have copied that example that we're better off adding a workaround to the datatype (and preferably updating the specification too).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans,

Yes, I really hope you and Andy will convice Matt and Kevin to update it.

Thank you.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans et al
Quote:

I know you did, and that example code really needs an update (it's a wiki...). Clearly someone copied code from somewhere else onto the wiki.

Nevertheless, the Autodocs (i.e., the specification) state that you shouldn't rely on the sound data being there. Unfortunately, the lack of streaming datatypes meant that nobody caught the error in the example code... until now.

This was my general response to Matthew when this discussion kicked off. The quoted example that the problem stems from is a naïve example - if followed verbatim you're only playing mono samples, no? Despite the possible presence of another channel or ten. Not saying it's wrong - just it's a very simple example that discounts a number of scenarios. It's also the case that if a continuous mode dt was set on OS3.9 components, the code would fail, so to be clear, this isn't a "bug" with the A-Eon implementation.

Quote:

Now, so many people have copied that example that we're better off adding a workaround to the datatype (and preferably updating the specification too).

The general solution proposed in this instance for the A-Eon data type was be to use a simple check for and loop/call to SDTM_FETCH to read the data - streaming mode or no. But, the response received was that this meant changes to the application which was undesirable (paraphrasing).

I'm looking to see how much effort and duplication it will be "fix" the subclasses to allow for non-streaming mode and sample retrieval. Might take me a while as time is at a premium right now.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

The fact is that streaming sound datatypes the way they were implemented by Commodore are basically completely useless except for simple programs that only want to play back the sound with little to no control over how it's played (like MultiView for instance).

There is no way to access the sound data from a streaming sound datatype so loading sound data into a sound editor application or any other program that needs access to the sound data is completely impossible if the datatype is implemented as streaming.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Daylight saving started last night, and the "enhanced" Time Prefs failed to cope with it.

I don't understand why its so difficult - the standard OS4.1 TimePrefs does.

My Locale specifies when daylight saving starts and ends. Why does the "enhanced" Time Prefs ignore this and default to a hardcoded daylight saving setting (for the northern hemisphere)?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
MultiEdit 1.5 (28.05.2017)

Add "Search and Replace" - missing feature that has been in Notepad for ages

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

MultiEdit definately has Find and Replace feature- I use it all the time to create the Enhancer Software documentation and Install scripts.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amigakit i am missing one feature in MultiEdit"Last Opened"
Often i am working at the same ct over a few days. That would make it easier for me. It should remember the last opened files

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

You're wrong. Have you actually used the program?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

MultiEdit definitly does search and replace.

in MultiEdit it's built into the default Find requester (RAmiga-F) in NotePad it requires a different menu action, Menu->Navigation->Replace or RAmiga-R

I felt that it made more sense to always have the replace in the search window as often you need a replace shortly after a search and it's a paon to close the serach and open the replace instead.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy
Quote:

@Amigakit i am missing one feature in MultiEdit"Last Opened"
Often i am working at the same ct over a few days. That would make it easier for me. It should remember the last opened files

It remebers the last saved files

Menu->Project->Open Recent

It also uses the same type of load and save file scripts as multiviewer if you want to group a few files togther for quick opening as a "project"

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Thank you, missed that the find window has more options

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues
OpenRecent doesn`t work here.
I opened a file with MultiEdit, closed MultiEdit, opened Multiedit again and "OpenRecent" is not clickable

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommysammy

Do you have those tooltypes set?

MultiEdit.doc:
RECENT=<variable>
Defines the variable in which to store the recent list. Defaults to MultiEdit/Recent. But you can set the samme variable in MultiViewer to share te recent list.

RECENTENTRIES=<number>
Sepcify how many entries to keep in the recent list.
NB: Only files saved are stored in this list.

MultiView.doc:
RECENT=<variable>
Defines the variable in which to store the recent list. Defaults to MultiViewer/Recent. But you can set the samme variable in MultiEdit to share te recent list.

RECENTENTRIES=<number>
Show how many entries to keep in the recent list.
NB: Only files saved are stored in this list.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

Did you *save* the file? If you didn't it wont show in the recent list.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

If you need WAV files you can use Timidity to convert .mid files to .wav files.

MIDI can be panned from extream left to extream right which (at least) in a 5.1 system will be full surround.

You can simply choose to save the file on Amiga Timidity or in Linux cd to a directory with .mid file and use timidity -Ow filename.mid and it will produce a .wav file in the same directory.

Careful, a 30k mid file may produce a 30M wave file.

A1-X1000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

Can you stop MultiEdit opening the same file multiple times? It can open the same file in multiple tabs, which causes much confusion.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues
I have in MultiEdit this in the tooltypes
RECENT=MultiEdit/Recent
RECENTENTRIES=5
I tried it several times with a saved ct file, there happen nothing when i click
"OpenRecent"

in MultiViewer this is in the tooltypes:
RECENT=MultiViewer/Recent
RECENTENTRIES=5
"OpenRecent" doesn`t work too

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 27 »