Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

amigait, Lio, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »
Re: vpdf ? vpdf!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79,walkero,xenic

Yep, can confirm now that tomorrow's MUI builds will deal with "close single tab close whole app" thing. Keep report bugs plz :)

@samo
Quote:

No it's the .cd that it's not finished as not all strings still there, but my work on the .ct file was so you can include it .. but you can also include that .cd from my archive because it still indeed more completed compared to the old one ..

I probably just forgot to include .cd file which just come with sources itself, as i didn't think it was necessary to worry about catalogs at this moment. So probably your one will be again older. Let's deal with it at final line.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Yep, can confirm now that tomorrow's MUI builds will deal with "close single tab close whole app" thing. Keep report bugs plz :)

Sure, after 2 o'clock then as it's the time when the nightly will be availible )

Quote:
I probably just forgot to include .cd file which just come with sources itself, as i didn't think it was necessary to worry about catalogs at this moment. So probably your one will be again older. Let's deal with it at final line.

Naa be sure that i picked the latest, it was from the official MorphOS site, (source section --> VPDF)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

Sure, after 2 o'clock then as it's the time when the nightly will be availible )

Thore rokz as usual :) Remember how it was before ? To release something we need to wait another year for some update, to fix few bugs and wait another year. Now everything fixes fast, and you have everything on next day. Just 5 years of waiting till everything with mui port start to be logical and nice :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I trye vpdf beta3 here oin my Peg2 on some work pdf and seems that all works quite faster than on AmiPDF...
Only some graphical glitches while zooming but for a beta its ok for me!

Go on that way ;)

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yeah and theorically should be the same for the entire OS components, it would be nice but that's not ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Confirmed, bug in tab is now fixed using the latest MUI5 nightly build (svn r5633)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Beta 3 works very good on my X1000 but printing doesn`t work. Now i get an ouput "Failed to initialize output device"
I tried it with PS printing and HP photosmart printing.
At weekend i will create german.catalog and create an icon+drawericon for VPDF

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommy
Quote:

I tried it with PS printing and HP photosmart printing

Yep, there is 2 ways to do printing from VPDF: PS one and non-PS one. Seems then something wrong at init stage, will try to fix.

Quote:

At weekend i will create german.catalog and create an icon+drawericon for VPDF

I already ask Mason for icon yesterday, but more the better

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommysammy

I have a HPL 2300n and changing 'Output' from PS: to PRT: solved the error/warning requester,

Resized Image

@kas1e
Translating catalog to spanish. Will send it to you ASAP.
Don't know if 'VPDF_beta/conf/font/fonts.conf' is used, but maybe changing/adding to suit OS4 fonts. And is 'cachedir' path used?:
<!-- Font directory list -->

<dir>SYS:fonts/_ttf</dir>
<dir>MOSSYS:fonts/_ttf</dir>
<dir>MOSSYS:fonts/_pfb/ams</dir>
<dir>MOSSYS:fonts/_pfb/apdf</dir>
<dir>MOSSYS:fonts/_pfb/cm</dir>

<!-- Font cache directory list -->

<cachedir>PROGDIR:conf/font</cachedir>

TO
<!-- Font directory list -->

<dir>FONTS:_GhostScript</dir>
<dir>FONTS:_TrueType</dir>

<!-- Font cache directory list -->

<cachedir>PROGDIR:conf/font</cachedir>

Edited by jabirulo on 2017/1/5 14:11:54
Edited by jabirulo on 2017/1/5 14:18:20
Edited by jabirulo on 2017/1/5 14:24:02
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jabirulo
Quote:

I have a HPL 2300n and changing 'Output' from PS: to PRT: solved the error/warning requeste

Is it ok to use Postscript on os4 via PRT: ? Wasn't there PS: at all ? By default i didn't have PS: on os4, but maybe it some 3d party package which will make it works ?

Also, when you untick "postscript" option in vpdf's printer settngs window, you will have another way to print (at least should :) ).

Quote:

Don't know if 'VPDF_beta/conf/font/fonts.conf' is used, but maybe changing/adding to suit OS4 fonts. And is 'cachedir' path used?:

As far as i can see from the sources that not used there. I just keep it because it was in sources. I see that cache file creates in the PROGDIR:, and not in conf/font/ as it was in Odyssey for example, see poppler/poppler/GlobalParamsMorphOS.cc:

static struct fontcache *setupFontCache()
{

char *fonts[] = {"sys:fonts""mossys:fonts""PROGDIR:fonts"NULL};

struct fontcache *fontcache;

int isnew FALSE;

struct Process *process = (struct Process*)FindTask(NULL);

struct Window *oldWindowPtr = (struct Window*)process->pr_WindowPtr;

process->pr_WindowPtr = (struct Window*)-1;

fontcache fcLoad("PROGDIR:vpdf.fontcache");

//kprintf("checking progdir. %p\n", fontcache);

if (fontcache == NULL)
    {

/* retry from T: in case we had PROGDIR write protected */

fontcache fcLoad("T:vpdf.fontcache");

//kprintf("checking t. %p\n", fontcache);

if (fontcache == NULL)
        {

isnew TRUE;

fontcache fcCreate(fonts);
        }
    }

That mean that at least <cachedir> didn't takes in account.

I also checked morphos3.9 iso, and there VPDF come without that "conf" directory, what mean it probably not in use at all.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I don't have any PS: (dosdriver) assing, mount,... on my beta system niether on "plain" AmigaOS4.1 FE Update1.
IIRC TurboPrint did create some sort of PS:, but not sure.

Will try without PostScript checkbox active and see what I get on my printer and post here result.

BTW do you have an uptodate .CD file?
'cos some strings (choosers on settings window) still missing.

BIG THX for all your efforts in porting VPDF, as everybody noticed seems a little more faster than AmiPDF.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I have PS: on my system as part of the turboprint package and printing to PS: with vpdf works great with my HP printer. Don't change a thing with it. :)

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo
Quote:

BTW do you have an uptodate .CD file?

Yep, there in the root of archive: http://www.morphos-team.net/files/src/3.9/vpdf.tar.bz2

@ktadd
So PS: it is turboprint package then, and works already. Good. Did second (non PostScript) way works for you ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e wrote:
So PS: it is turboprint package then, and works already. Good. Did second (non PostScript) way works for you ?
---------

The PS: device uses a gs-handler that came with the ghostscript package which was installed with the turboprint install. I don't beleive it actually uses the turboprint software itself as I don't have to run turboprint for printing to the PS: device to work. It's prints postscript output to a non-postscript printer.

I changed the vpdf print settings to non-postscript and tried to print but received the following error:

"Failed to initialize output device."

I'm using the usbprinter.device on port 0 with the 'HP_Photosmart" driver. I can print fine with this configuration from other programs. Just not from vpdf.

By the way, thanks for the great work in porting vpdf. It works quite well and is pretty fast.

One other problem I've run across that I don't see mentioned it that the table of contents "Tree" tab doesn't display any text. The tree is there and you can open and close nodes but the test labels for the nodes is not there. I can click on the top level for each node and I'm taken to the proper place in the PDF but clicking on sub items does nothing.

If the above, the workbench printing and tab closing were fixed I think all would be working properly.

Edited by ktadd on 2017/1/6 8:15:49
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

the ghostscript package

So to make PS mode working, user just need to install ghostscript package (Is it on os4depot ?). So i will change nothing in that terms then. Strange through, that by default os4 install have prefs:printerPS, but didn't have PS: assign then. Why ?:)

The only problem is not PS output then, which failed to initialize device.. I do check printer's code in VPDF, and its all in the poppler_printer.cpp file, where i see that:

struct printercontext *init_turboprint(struct printercontext *pctx)
{

pctx->PrinterMP NULL;

pctx->PIO NULL;

D(kprintf("init_turboprint() started\n!"));
    if((
pctx->PrinterMP = (struct MsgPort*)CreateMsgPort()))
    {
        if((
pctx->PIO = (union printerIO *)CreateIORequest(pctx->PrinterMPsizeof(union printerIO))))
        {
            if(!(
OpenDevice((STRPTR)"printer.device"0, (struct IORequest *)pctx->PIO0)))
            {

pctx->PD = (struct PrinterData *)pctx->PIO->iodrp.io_Device;

pctx->TP_Installed = (((ULONG *)(pctx->PD->pd_OldStk))[2] == TPMATCHWORD);

Seems it trying to use printer.device directly..

Btw, did you know any way of how i can use "File" printer device ? I.e. when i run prefs:printer, there i can choice "File" device, so to print or to clipboard, or to a file. But i can't make it to work even from pure notepad. What i want , is to make some settings so i will have virtual printer which will just print to file, and so i can check vpdf printing stuff without printer.

Edited by kas1e on 2017/1/6 8:57:10
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tried with 'PostScript' checkbox disabled I get too:
"Failed to initialize output device."

Snoopy output:
00001 : printer.device : 0 = FindSegmentStackSize("<untracked>") [12uS]
00002 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",1,0x59FE6134,0x00000000) = 0 [36uS]
00003 : printer.device : o.k. = LoadSeg("PRINTERS:HP_LaserJet_4") = [0x16C1DE35] [1008uS]
00004 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("elf.library",51) [12uS]
00005 : printer.device : o.k. = Open("Workbench:Devs/Printers/HP_LaserJet_4",OLD) = [0x169D3F76] [114uS]
00006 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("utility.library",37) [11uS]
00007 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("diskfont.library",46) [16uS]
00008 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("locale.library",38) [7uS]
00009 : lpr.device : 0 = FindSegmentStackSize("<untracked>") [14uS]
00010 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("lpr.device",0,0x59FE6090,0x00000000) = 0 [16090uS]
00011 : [VPDF]: Printing process : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("printer.device",0,0x5B077890,0x00000000) = 0 [55995uS]
00012 : vpdf : FAIL = GetVar("MagicWB",0x5AFB0568,4,0x00000100) [289uS]

With 'Postscript" checbox enabled, printout goes fine, Snoopy output:
00013 : PRT/Port-Handler 52.2 : FAIL = ReadArgs("UNIT/K/N",0x5F591F18,0x5B075FA0) [43uS]
00014 : printer.device : 0 = FindSegmentStackSize("<untracked>") [16uS]
00015 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",1,0x5A1E4134,0x00000000) = 0 [36uS]
00016 : printer.device : o.k. = LoadSeg("PRINTERS:HP_LaserJet_4") = [0x16C1DE25] [1016uS]
00017 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("elf.library",51) [13uS]
00018 : printer.device : o.k. = Open("Workbench:Devs/Printers/HP_LaserJet_4",OLD) = [0x169D3FAC] [83uS]
00019 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("utility.library",37) [7uS]
00020 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("diskfont.library",46) [14uS]
00021 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("locale.library",38) [8uS]
00022 : lpr.device : 0 = FindSegmentStackSize("<untracked>") [14uS]
00023 : printer.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("lpr.device",0,0x5A1E4090,0x00000000) = 0 [23841uS]
00024 : PRT/Port-Handler 52.2 : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("printer.device",0,0x5B69C1E0,0x00000000) = 0 [33405uS]
00025 : [VPDF]: Printing process : o.k. = Open("PRT:COPIES=1 ARGS=// FORMAT=PS",NEW) = [0x169D3F0A] [64265uS]
00026 : lpr.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("bsdsocket.library",4) [67uS]
00027 : lpr.device : o.k. = [exec] OpenLibrary("usergroup.library",4) [65uS]
00028 : lpr.device : FAIL = GetVar("lpr.device.0",0x59F35AD0,2047,0x00000100) [296uS]
00029 : lpr.device : o.k. = GetVar("lpr.device",0x59F35AD0,2047,0x00000000) [152uS]
00030 : lpr.device : o.k. = ReadArgs("PRINTER=HOST/A,SPOOLDRAWER=DIR/K,MEMORY/S,QUEUE/K,RAW/S,PORT/K/N",0x59F36EC8,0x5B0

"So to make PS mode working, user just need to install ghostscript package (Is it on os4depot ?)...."
It's part of TurboPrint, so if user don't have such programm PS doesn't exists.

Downloaded vpdf source code and found .CD in root. Still some string untranslated, but it's ok for now.

THX

Edited by jabirulo on 2017/1/6 9:52:11
Edited by jabirulo on 2017/1/6 10:36:13
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jabirulo
But as OS4 have GhostScript by default, as well as prefs:printerPS, maybe they have another assign for PS: instead ? I just trying to understand, why is os4 have by default ghostscript and prefs for PS printing, they didn't make PS: assign by default, and only for that assing/handler need to install whole turboprint ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Such handler is part of TurboPrint, not AOS4 (AFAIK).
AmigaOS4 has ghostscript viewer (and prints using gs)
It's readme says:
To print a file:
Ghostscript:gs -dBATCH <path_to_file>tiger.ps

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

In theory there's no need for Turboprint. AmigaOS itself is able to generate Postscipt files using the right printer driver (or sometimes even the application itself - like Wordworth or VPDF ). What you get is a #?.ps file that can be sent to a PS enabled device (like jabirulo did by sending it via lpr.device to a HP PS printer) or saving it by using the "fileprint.device"...

GS is only needed if you want to *display* or manipulate that #?.ps file. As I said: in theory. I'm not at home atm, so I sadly can't do any helpful tests with my setup...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
But as OS4 have GhostScript by default, as well as prefs:printerPS, maybe they have another assign for PS: instead ? I just trying to understand, why is os4 have by default ghostscript and prefs for PS printing, they didn't make PS: assign by default, and only for that assing/handler need to install whole turboprint ..

I don't have a PostScript printer but here is my understanding of how it works:

There is a PostScript printer driver in OS4. If you open Printer prefs and select "PostScript" in the Printer Driver box then PRT: is set up to send output to a PostScript printer and presumably you can use PrinterPS prefs to set PostScript defaults. I don't think the OS4 "PostScript" printer driver has anything to do with Ghostscript. It just sends the PostScript directly to a PostScript printer.

The TurboText PS: handler uses GhostScript to convert postscript to data that prints on a non-postscript printer.

I think OS4 AmiPDF and AmiGS are using Ghostscript directly to convert Postscript/PDF data for printing on a non-postscript printer. If you look at the "Print Setup" in AmiPDF you will see the same devices that are compiled into Ghostscript. There is a GHOSTSCRIPT: assignment in the startup-sequence for a reason.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »