Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Trouble with YAM 2.9p and SimpleMail
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
On my "new" Micro Amiga One (750gx/512 MB with AOS 4.1.6) I've installed the new YAM 2.9p before using e-mail for the first time on this machine. When I've configured my main-adress at my domain at Strato.com, it worked fine, but when I've tried to configure a second adress at my 1&1 account, I will always get an error message: "Fehler beim Initialisieren der TLSv1/SSLv3 Session mit Server (...)"
So I've tried Simple Mail 0.4, which works fine with all of my accounts, until I want to shut down the program. Then I will get a GuruMeditation:80000007 Task 0x66aea210 ("SimpleMail") verursachte einen Fehler des Typs program an Adresse 0x01412f50. "Rote Zone" des Stacks wurde nicht beschädigt Stackpointer ist innerhalb der Grenze".
(I didn't translate it to english, because I think the necessary information is there, and the "german" sounds to me like chinese, either...)

But after I've installed Simple Mail, YAM does not connect to any server at all, I will always get the message above.

Does anybody have an idea why SimpleMail crashes, and what I can do against it? Or would it make sence to go back to an older version of Yam? I was using YAM since the late 1990s without problems, but in my Morphos machine I'm using Simple Mail, which has some advantages over YAM like HTML-support and a much easier GUI for configuring the accounts like YAM used to have a couple of years ago...

Go to top
Re: Trouble with YAM 2.9p and SimpleMail
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I´m using Simplemail since Years on OS4 but without a second account. It´s the best to contact the Simplemail Authors instead of asking people who didn´t write the code

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I am using YAM2.9p1 ( is there a YAM 2.9p?) with 2 accounts with no problem on SAM460ex
I used this with previous YAM too, i don't think your problem is YAM version related;

Maybe you could try to use YAM with no security enabled first?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
With no security enabled would not work any longer with practically any German internet provider.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DrZarkov

I don't understand german either.
Try to verify the address of the port and the number of the port used.
For yahoo.fr, it is 995 for example.
After, choose the security connection, here is ssl and the password is not crypted.
When I configured all this a few years ago, I should do some changes on my yahoo account to autorize the connection.

I hope that will help you a little.

Since a lot of months without an amiga to love, I was lost.
Now I feel happiness again with a Sam Flex 800 .
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I resurrect this rather old thread in order to (hopefully) get an answer, as I encountered the same problem...

YAM isn´t able to receive email via pop3.strato.de, it cancels the connection with a generic "error initializing TLSv1/SSLv3 session with server "pop3.strato.de" of...". It is using port 995, as described in strato´s server configuration help.

Interestingly, YAM is able to send email via smtp.strato.de using TLS/SSL at port 465.

Is there any way to make YAM receiving emails using the strato pop3 server?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I use SimpleMail since many years, almost ten, and it works fine with my all account both imap and smtp, no problem at all...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Maybe you can try to upgrade your system to AmigaOS4.1FE

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Hehe, well, I´m using OS4.1 FE already SimpleMail has other quite serious problems (e.g. truncation of sent mails without apparent reason, automated email transfer not working etc., reported already), so I wanted to change back to YAM.

Wasn´t the best idea, I think...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@whose

Quote:
a generic "error initializing TLSv1/SSLv3 session with server "pop3.strato.de" of...". It is using port 995, as described in strato´s server configuration help.

The same problem started for my pop3 mail from my Norwegian based server just about a month ago - this is a X1000 with AOS 4.1 FE.

The Yam developers have fixed this with updated SSL code in
Yam 2.10, but it is not released as a stable version yet. Looking at their website, some work has been done on 2.10 over the last year(s), and it looks like more has started this month.

Turning off SSL for mail receiving did work for getting pop3 download to work again.

The alternative is to take a chance and you can download and use the 2.10 (unstable) "nightly build" download, which I have done.
As of the Feb 5th build, you can do a drop-in replacement of the Yam executable.
However, as changes accumulate, you are at risk of being unable to go back to 2.9p1 later if it begins to need debugging for serious problems.

Note: the nightly build download has an expiration on it (a few weeks?), so you cannot grab one and continue using it without going to a new nightly build when it expires.

I could find no new announcements about Yam since last July. I just made a donation along with a request for the release of a new patch for 2.91 with the fixed SSL code.

FYI.

tom

Go to top

Register To Post