Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Imo chat client on AmigaOS 4.1.6
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Imo supports IM protocols like:

MSN
GTalk
Yahoo
Steam
VKontakte
Hyves
Jabber
AIM / ICQ

Imo in popout mode.
Resized Image

Go to top
Re: Imo chat client on AmigaOS 4.1.6
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Wow 76 views but no comment!

I guess i might be the only one who are using a IM client nowdays but i made this little guide if there are some more out there.

1. First of all you need a browser and i m using MUI-OWB
2. Now surf to IMO You can get a dsi error when you get to the site but click on "More" and then "Ignore dsi-error.
3. Register a username and password on the left side.
4. Log in with the username and password.
5. Choose the network you want to connect too. If you connect to facebook then you use the usernamn and password as you normally do when you connect. Same goes for the other networks as google talk, icq etc.
6. If you done everything right you should be connected to a network and see some users. In the upper right corner to the right of "Set status" you have a small icon that looks like a wheel. Click on it. Now you should get a a small menu. Click on "Pop out imo".
7. You should now have two tabs one named "imo ? popped out" and the other one "imo" Click on the red x named "imo ? popped out" once and close that that tab.
8. Now should see a window with all the users on the left side. Resize the window to the size you want.

Thats it! The bad thing is that you need to surf to imo.im everytime you want to connect and resize the window. When you log into imo you need to choose imo pop out. When that is done you can open another window and surf the web.

IMO supports: MSN, Skype, Facebook, GTalk, Yahoo, Steam, VKontakte, Hyves, Jabber, AIM / ICQ.

Sorry for the bad english!

This is IMO with a browser side by side.
Resized Image

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Using it for Skype last 2 years! Its good... :)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Actually suxx for me. Registration needs a facebook/twitter/linkenid account, which I will never have, or send an sms from my mobile phone (yeah sure), and what if I haven't any?

Edited by Phantom on 2012/12/8 10:55:29
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's not working for me. It crashes my OWB every time, even if after I ignore the DSI error. I can't close or do anything with OWB after it crashes. I can start other programs and they work but OWB becomes useless and it is stuck there.

Quote:

Joeled wrote:
Wow 76 views but no comment!

I guess i might be the only one who are using a IM client nowdays but i made this little guide if there are some more out there.

1. First of all you need a browser and i m using MUI-OWB
2. Now surf to IMO You can get a dsi error when you get to the site but click on "More" and then "Ignore dsi-error.
3. Register a username and password on the left side.
4. Log in with the username and password.
5. Choose the network you want to connect too. If you connect to facebook then you use the usernamn and password as you normally do when you connect. Same goes for the other networks as google talk, icq etc.
6. If you done everything right you should be connected to a network and see some users. In the upper right corner to the right of "Set status" you have a small icon that looks like a wheel. Click on it. Now you should get a a small menu. Click on "Pop out imo".
7. You should now have two tabs one named "imo ? popped out" and the other one "imo" Click on the red x named "imo ? popped out" once and close that that tab.
8. Now should see a window with all the users on the left side. Resize the window to the size you want.

Thats it! The bad thing is that you need to surf to imo.im everytime you want to connect and resize the window. When you log into imo you need to choose imo pop out. When that is done you can open another window and surf the web.

IMO supports: MSN, Skype, Facebook, GTalk, Yahoo, Steam, VKontakte, Hyves, Jabber, AIM / ICQ.

Sorry for the bad english!

This is IMO with a browser side by side.
Resized Image

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I used facebook login, it used it to search for my name. Then i gave my mobilenumber and got an code to confirm the registered mail. Its a security thing.

Trying out right now. As all others i got a GR and i could continue using it. I have now facebook and added msn into it. Later ill add googlechat or what it was called and maybe skype. Seems like something i could use instead of sabremsn when msn goes down. Depends on how good it behaves.

Its not like using a normal app for this but at least something :p

I hope we get some new multiklient messanger with normal gui. Ofcourse new OWB would be great too :)

Edited by Kicko on 2012/12/8 22:47:56
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'd rather have a skype kinda program on the amiga.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There's a bunch of SIP clients relying on Qt. Perhaps one of those would be a viable path unless someone makes a new (native) one.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
You must use the Reaction version of OWB to use imo.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pvanni

I used the mui version and the crash is just continue and worked

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
For all who need Skype on Amiga ;) imo.im for now dont have Skype support...But here is another one service https://plus.im works gret for me (icq,msn,skype.....)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top

Register To Post