Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
AmigaOS4.1 update 5 bug.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Drag the scroll bare in notepad, and while your dragging it right click.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: AmigaOS4.1 update 5 bug.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tecnhically it's a bug in Notepad, but I see what you mean.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Post it to the Hyperion forum so maybe they can open a new ticket for that

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What exactly is the bug?

If I drag the scroll bar here, a menu appears as expected, scrolling stops at the point I clicked.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

What exactly is the bug?

If I drag the scroll bar here, a menu appears as expected, scrolling stops at the point I clicked.

I'm confused too about what the bug is .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues & salass00:

The Context Menu is drawn over the scrollbar, but the scrollbar is partially visible within the context menu. This appears to be ReAction related, as this doesnt happen with MUI programs.

Its not a NotePad-only bug, Filer and many other RA programs show the same behaviour. To say something good about RA ;), MUI programs doesnt allow for a context menu as long as the user is scrolling using the scroll bar. But I think RA should get some mutual exclusive logic for handling this case (or Conext Menu).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Whose
What's the fun in telling what the bug is..

@all
Can't open tickets I'm not a beta tester.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LifeForIt:

Fun? There is no fun! (slightly altered movie cite. Anybody here knowing what movie it was? )

Btw., its more useful to tell some beta testers the bug if they dont see it. Might be a better way to get another update soon

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

@all
Can't open tickets I'm not a beta tester.

The purpose of the support forum is to focus everyone (beta testers, developers and customers) all in one place free of the usual forum noise.

Beta testers are better able to notice bug reports in this environment and attempt to reproduce them. If they can reproduce the bug, they will then file a bug report on your behalf. Once they have reported a bug for you they will take care of providing more information, verification, etc.

You are free to use this or other web forums to try and report bugs. Just keep in mind there are not as many developers and testers around.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
yeah, what ssolie said, but seeing as you are here...

Screenshot?

I don't see a context menu but the ordinary intuition menu, it's rendered over the scroll bar and no part shows through.

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

I saw the same as you, until I remembered that I have compositing disabled.

Compositing effects must be enabled to see the scroll bar through the menu. This is one of those transparency effects.

Under normal circumstances, I have compositing effects disabled to conserve VRAM on my MicroA1.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I see no problem even with enabled compositing. I think we'll need your gui.prefs file to use the same settings as you.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have compositing on but transparancy off in the menu.

If I turn transparancy on in the menu, then I see normal transparency. That is exactly the same as if I had just right clicked over the scroller without being in the process of scrolling.

The behaviour of right clicking whilst draging the scrollbar seems to vary from app to app and even from scroll bar within that app.

AWebs window scrolling is unaffected by right clicking it continues to scroll. Whereas the scroller on the text box I'm typing in now behaves as displayed in my screenshot. MUI apps like YAM cease scrolling when you right click but don't bring up thr RMB menu.

Inconsistant these variable behaviours are I couldn't call anyof them buggy.

If there is a real rendering bug we need a screen shot and detailed GUI.prefs info.

To get ascreen shot of a popup menu, start sgrab with the dely option (about 4 secs should do it), then do your scroll and activate the menu, wait for SGrab's GUI to disppear, then wait a sec or two and release the the RMB / click it to release the menu.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I can confirm that bug - but I'm not able to make a screenshot, the RMB blocks everything (incl. SGrab). Maybe someone with a mobile phone camera can make a shot?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe this helps?

Composition is on. With composition off, its working as supposed.

Resized Image

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
The purpose of the support forum is to focus everyone (beta testers, developers and customers) all in one place free of the usual forum noise.

To tell you the trough a forgotten the password again, he he he.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Okay I can see the bug now and reproduce it.

The critical factor is the "non blocking" checkmark for the popup menu. If this is not not selected and composition is on then the rendering error occurs.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
BZ created

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I realise my opinion counts for nothing around here but id rather new features were given more priority rather than dedicating time fixing 'bugs' for users turning stuff off that there is no reason to turn off - composition and non-blocking menus being two of those.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki:

Your opinion is just as valuable as that of anyone else.

The important point is that posting the description of the bug, like this, at least gets it into the system, where someone can decide what priority to give it. Now that Andy has generated a bug report, it won't be forgotten. It would have been better on the forum, but I'm sure that Andy has included a link to this thread.

Besides, if another similar problem occurs, people might put two and two together and find it easier to fix with more information. We can't have too much information.

cheers
tony
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »