Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
CMake progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Not the most interresting project in the world.. But for your leasure here is a short status update:

I have managed to build the bootstrapped version of CMake, and at the moment I am using it to build the real version of CMake for use with other projects. The bootstrapped version is only designed to be able to built cmake with itself.

The main problem was the kwsys/ProcessXXXX.c file that uses fork() and execve() and pipe() to call other processes. I have managed to do an implementation that uses IDOS->CreateNewProc() and my own amiga_pipe() for the purpose, but it is still in development and not necessarily complete.

I'd say give it another week, and I will release a beta.

Go to top
Re: CMake progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice report, so maybe from next week Roman will be able to start compiling MUI OWB with AmigaOS only !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Pretty exciting news for me actually! I have been missing this tool!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

This is great news.

Keep it up.

Almost to much great amiga news lately. My head is full.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
WOW! That's excellent news indeed!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil
Really interesting should to say :) More programmers like you, and we will fill all the SW gaps on os4.

Btw, if you ever-ever will think about "what to do next", then its of course latest boost-libs :) (which will allow us to port tons of games).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkill
Thanks for your hard work. Like Kas1e said if you get bored please consider fix the boost-libs we need games

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks y'all. I will consider boost-libs (I don't know anything about it at present), but I think my first commitment at the moment is to reap the benefits of the Qt bounty and actually create some apps for it. When all that is done, I might turn to other things.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Make QT working fast and without visual bugs are very-very welcome :) I just stop to worry about it for now, as most of apps which i try to port was really slow :(

If you will need any help with it, i am open for testing as always.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkill
Yes finish QT first and then continue to boost-libs. Take a look at it and see if you think you can manage to port/update it. You always deliever

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
Thanks y'all. I will consider boost-libs (I don't know anything about it at present), but I think my first commitment at the moment is to reap the benefits of the Qt bounty and actually create some apps for it. When all that is done, I might turn to other things.

Before doing anything with Boost you should contact me.

I can save you countless hours of pain.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie
Btw, i read in your description over the old boost libs (from os4depot) that:

Quote:

thread - the SDK C++ compiler supports single threading only

Through, all the modern boost-related apps want that "libboostthread.a" , and so, maybe we can somehow still emulate it , if not just plainly port ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@ssolie
Btw, i read in your description over the old boost libs (from os4depot) that:

Quote:

thread - the SDK C++ compiler supports single threading only

Through, all the modern boost-related apps want that "libboostthread.a" , and so, maybe we can somehow still emulate it , if not just plainly port ?

IIRC, the problem is not running multiple threads itself, but what should happen when you use C++ features such as exceptions. For example, what should happen if an exception occurs in one thread, but needs to be handled in another? What mechanism should be used to handle such a case?

C++ can't stop you from starting new threads/tasks but, without C++ multi-threading support, you need to respect the limitations.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:

Read this http://www.solie.ca/articles/map/threading/threading.html

The sources for GCC are stored in adtools on sourceforge. If anyone is up to the challenge I certainly would really appreciate it. Note that if newlib is your C library there is a bug in GCC which causes C++ exceptions to fail so you'll need to fix that one first.

After the GCC work is done I could provide you with a Boost threading library in a few hours at most.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Update: Now cmake is 81% built with itself... Hurray!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This is great YafaRay uses CMake, so it might make it posible to port this (I allready ported the older Yafray [Note the missing 'a'])

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
CMake is now 100% compiled (except the documentation). Of course it crashes when I try to run it, but still it should be "trivial" to fix it. The std::vector bug I mentioned in the other thread still spooks, but apparently it doesn't happen when I do not edit the CMakeLists.txt files.

I'm away from home for a couple of days, but when I get back I will upload asap. Cheers!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yeah! \o/

Go to top
Re: CMake has been uploaded to os4depot
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Here ya go!

Qt support is not done yet, but appart from that it should be quite functional (it is actually able to build itself).

Go to top
Re: CMake has been uploaded to os4depot
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Excellent job, you are the man of the missions impossible !

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »