Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Images Wanted - What GUI Theme and workbench do you use?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

I hope some current Amiga users can post the following images for a 'project' I am currently working on. I need to see some genuine eye-candy Amiga GUI themes that a non-Amiga user or ex-Amiga would find appealing; for want of a better word.

1. Tell me the name of the skin/theme that you are using when adding a comment to each image here on Amigans. Include a link OS4Depot (or wherever it maybe found), I am not interested in pre-OS4 themes. Please add your three images to the Backdrops category. Finally clearly title each image you submit with the prefix THEMES-JUN10: so I can find them easily.

2. POST FIRST IMAGE showing Timberwolf as the only program running WITHOUT AmiDock visible; ie. Timberwolf covering over it. The menu bar of Timberwolf should be active and not greyed out/inactive.

3. POST SECOND IMAGE showing Timberwolf as the only program running WITH AmiDock underneath the Timberwolf window. The menu bar of Timberwolf should be active and not greyed out/inactive.

4. Website shown in Timberwolf can be just anything with the following exceptions: Do not show Amiga, Mac OS, Linus, OSNews or god-forbid M$ forums, Geek Sites or any other computer-related sites. Feel free to show any 'cool' sites like FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube or whatever the younger generation are into these days. Please ensure the chosen website has displayed correctly on-screen.

5. Any icons in the AmiDock should not look like this: http://www.amigans.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=298. I love this theme so would like to see it, but please ensure all icons that are visible in your AmiDock ooze quality and do not remind of the past. Sorry RibDevil!

6. This rule applies mostly to the AmiDock. The AmiDock should not include graphics that have been clearly ripped from other OSes like Hard Drive images or Mac OS X application images etc.

7. Please resist the urge to 'photoshop' any images.

8. POST THIRD IMAGE, I'd like people to upload their workbench background. The plain-vanilla jpg or png or whatever. No icons overlapping, the actual image itself. Simple rules on this one, it must be totally Amiga, it must absolutely, positively and without question include the Boing-Ball on it. It can be seasonal, comic or relevant to the here and now. Please no 'history of Amiga backgrounds' or nostalgic images.

9. For those who are not willing to post the first or second images, please upload your background.

In summary, post two images of your workbench theme with Timberwolf running with AmiDock visible on the first image and not visible on the other. Tell me what theme this is and a link to where it can be downloaded. Finally upload your plain background image that you use everyday (or a selection!) without the OS sitting on top; the plain image untouched.

Thanks in advance to everyone and anybody who chooses to take part and helps me with my project. Hoping with your help it may come to something.

Thanks for reading. Now get busy!

Go to top
Re: Images Wanted - What GUI Theme and workbench do you use?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki

I'm not in front of my Amigas right now, and since update 2 I have not customized them much, but I will look into it.

It sounds like an interesting project of yours.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki

Hmm, any takers? Doesn't take much effort to open Timberwolf and capture the screen does it as per spec?

I would do it myself, but alas I do not have a modern Amiga (yet).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@djrikki

Regarding themes, you cand find some on AmiTheme

Regarding pictures, some are available on the French site Amiga-Ng on this link. It's all new so there aren't many yet

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
One image from me (TW on some normal site + visibly amidock).
Here is

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

I use the OS4.1 default theme with 'effects' turned on in GUI perferences. I'm happy with this theme and have yet to try any others since having the sam440. So my WB probably isn't of much interest!

Not a big fan of Amiga-related wallpapers, you can have too many boing balls. They tend to me a bit 'tasteless', although there are a few good ones, I have one called 'outsider' but don't use as not widescreen - boing balls looked naff stretched. This one also quite calssy, http://www.amiga-look.org/artwork/curve but same problem with aspect ratio.

Just bare in mind the silent (or not in my case) majority who are probably happy with how OS4.1 looks out of the box .

Anyway, maybe you could work in conjuction with http://www.amiga-look.org as they have a nicely deisgned website, but not a huge amount of content at presnt.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Thanks for the input so far, much appreciated. Need more posts like kas1e's, rather thank links and such, but its all helping and giving me ideas.

Kas1e, I've seen that theme in numerous pictures. What is it called? And is there a Os4Depot link for it? Or is it part of the standard distribution? :D

@daniel

Ouch, amiga-look.org has a nastly XP theme.. yuck :)

Please keep your entries coming as per post 1.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Quote:

Kas1e, I've seen that theme in numerous pictures. What is it called? And is there a Os4Depot link for it? Or is it part of the standard distribution? :D

Yes, inbuild (but not default) from aos4.1 update 1 and later (if i remember right), and called SilverTheme (not sure about). For now, i can't found or see any other more or less good looking by design and colors theme. Sometime design ok, color bad, sometimes color good , but design bad. But that one more or less "ok" (imho of course)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Ah excellent in-built theme. Hate to be a pain, but can you post 3 more like your TW one, different theme, different websites sil vous plait? If you could include one with logged into facebook and a page from youtube I'd love you forever.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Are you sure that you want TW , but not OWB for example ? TW are very buggy must to say for now, so i need to reboot everytime after i visit more or less heavy sites :) (OWB in that terms very stable, and can render all that FaceBooks, Youtube and alt).

Anyway, if you do not have aos4 by hands, but want to see some more stuff, check some of my videos on youtube here.

That one imho most interesting one (aos4.1 update 1, with all that Youtube in action and such).

(Will make some other-different shots later)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Including YouTube videos in my 'project' that sounds like an interesting idea.

Although the big problem is that everyone seems to just point a camera at the screen lol

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Of course :) Because when you have 1ghz of cpu maximum, usage of any screen-recording programm make no sense (will slowing down everything a lot).

But for sure, quality can be better :) Need to buy someday some kind of HW recorder.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Granted the XP theme is a little scary. Shame that's all they have for OS4.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki

I made an honest effort. Changed my background to one of the default ones showing a large boing ball coming out of the clouds. Grabbed the requested images. First upload was rejected because my first image was to large. Grabbed the image again at slightly lower quality. Second upload was rejected because amigans did not like the mime type.

Here is an example of my real Workbench showing Timberwolf and my disk icons and my main Amidock.

---
redfox
MicroA1 + OS4.1 Update 2

Edited by redfox on 2010/6/16 3:33:14
Edited by redfox on 2010/6/16 3:34:05
Edited by redfox on 2010/6/16 4:03:40
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the contributions so far still need a few pieces to finish my jigsaw.

Chiefly:

Themes: I have Novo Metal, Dark OS and Simoami. 1 more required showing timberwolf with a popular social networking site open.

Backgrounds: I have Curve, Amiga Connected, Ball Alone, Machine, Amiga Box and Xmas Boing. I require two more, once again timberwolf showing a popular website - how about youtube or idk - you decide... twitter or something.

Desktop: Finally I need two complete screenshots of your workbench to complete my set of four. Running any popular software or timberwolf (did i say timberwolf already!?) and an eye-candy amidock that doesn't use copyrighted images or rips from other oses. Sexy drawers (haha) open in the background also helps, but not default icon sets. Once again pick/arrange screenies that showcase Amiga OS as being apart of the 21st century.

Free cookies for the next person to post a contribution!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki
using imagodespira "AmiboingLightUp" theme here, here is a screen (old one, I made a couple of changes recently)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6856/dax411.jpg

More infos about it here:

http://www.entwickler-x.de/amigaguiprojekt.php

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DAX

Quote:

DAX wrote:
@djrikki
More infos about it here:

http://www.entwickler-x.de/amigaguiprojekt.php

Very nice look, shame there doesn't seem to be a download of the GUI settings they're using.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daniel
There was a link in a thread at AW (given by the man himself) I don't know if it's still up I might check it out later (note that the "sating sheet" window background i stole from WindowsBlinds backgrounds and it's not part of the theme)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki

Cool some of my images did arrive afterall. I still couldn't see them half an hour after I submitted them last night. The actual background png file is too large and amigans refuses to accept a download.

The one shown in my screenshots is from the official AmigaOS 4.1 AmigaOne version CD-ROM.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daniel

www.entwickler-x.de is just our developer page. You can download the theme at www.amiboing.de under "WB Themes". there you also can get some screenshots including background images (also downloadable there ->WB Backdrops).

best regards,

imagodespira

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »