Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 147

jaokim, Maijestro, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New C64 style PC from CommodoreUSA ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
CommodoreUSA announced that they will release a C64 style PC in June 2010.

http://www.commodoreusa.net/tech.html

According to site, it will be also sold as a barebones version. I wonder if SamFlex will fit in this case ?.
It would make a perfect A500 style OS4.1 capable machine..

Go to top
Re: New C64 style PC from CommodoreUSA ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sinan

As a barebone, it still includes the motherboard
See: http://www.commodoreusa.net/catalog/item/7429988/7790650.htm

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I agree. Such a case would rock!

I guess it would only be possible to fit a Sam motherboard inside but just imagine a custom X1000 fitted inside this...

Sweet dreams, indeed.

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Commodore still alive ?... mmmhhh... they could try to project a new Amiga...

I mean, almost everything in the new Amiga generation could be use...

Does anyone know if they already have been asked if they want to make new Amiga ?

The case looks very nice !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thread

Sorry, I hate to burst your bubble but its actually this:
http://www.cybernetman.com/en/products/zero-footprint-pc/
It's an x86 PC that's for sale right now, in fact they've been selling them for quite a while...

Wizz.

Rev 1D3 Amiga 1200, Apollo 1240 (40Mhz '040, 64MB RAM), Indivision MKII, Fast ATA MK V, Rapid Road USB, PCMCIA WIFI & OS 3.9.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@wizzard_o

It is actually going to be called The Commodore Phoenix(as in rises from the Ashes). It has been sold by Cybernet for quite a while now, but it has been predominantly targeted at industries where they would consider desk space a premium. At least you can't call it vapour. It is what it is. It's convenient to get a hold of.

Phoenix is the flagship model. Commodore are going to announce another lower-specced computer in a keyboard shortly. It will be more the size of a C64, without a DVD slot. It will have netbook-like specs, and the guts, will be re-used in netbooks and tablets.

I firmly believe this Commodore company has a chance at making a break-through into the mass market where others haven't, by pushing it's niche of computer-in-a-keyboard products. If you start flogging these on the shopping network...lookout.

In answer to your question. I have built a rapport with the Commodore owner, and am now, apparently, officially on the Commodore advisory board. I don't get paid anything the opinions I express on the forums are definitely my own.

I have been pushing for Amiga Forever and AROS for the x86 system, even though that might not pan out if AROS compatibility doesn't make it in time for launch. I have also pushed for some sort of deal with A-Eon/Hyperion, but I am yet to hear anything about that. If you want such a deal to take place, between two such iconic brands as I do, I would send e-mails to Commodore and Hyperion/A-Eon. A rising tide raises all ships.

BTW: The website is getting a make-over now, and a bigger one after launch.

Ok. Going back to my happy place now.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Sinan

I wonder how long it will be before people are taking them apart and putting them in tower cases

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top

Register To Post