Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS demoed at the Primever show in Lyon
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Once again, the French association Triple A decided to attend a non Amiga show in order to allow people to (re)discover the AmigaOS.

During the Primever Show (which goal is to present alternative and ecologist solutions) which was held at Eurexpo, near Lyon (France), we demoed AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1 running on 3 Sam : 1 SamFlex at 733 Mhz from NewGenInformatique and 2 Sam440 (667Mhz) in RedOne cases from Relec.

During 3 days, we showed the low consumption of the machines running a very reactive system, namely AmigaOS 4.1.

Surprisingly (or not), many people were amazed and even interested by what has to offer our system, speaking of ecology and reactivity. And some were also surprised to see that the system they used to use when they were young was still alive and evolving.

If everyone, around the world, could do the same, showing AmigaOS in other places than in Amiga meetings, I'm pretty sure that some new Amigans could join us.

Now, here are the pictures of the event :
http://www.amiga-ng.org/resources/AmigaBouffes/Primevere2010/

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Re: AmigaOS demoed at the Primever show in Lyon
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Very nice pictures. Looked like a nice show too. What kinda show was this?

And how do you get to attend such shows?

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

As written in my 1st post, the Primever show's goal is to present alternative and ecologist solutions

To attend such a big show is not very difficult, being an association with good arguments allow us to be accepted.

Last year, we were with the Linux stand and this year, we could have our own stand (and so we had more room).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Impressive.

There is a major computer meeting in norway,but mostly for gaming. I'd like to show off an amigan there sometime.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

This is great! Promotion Amiga ! That is what Amiga need now..good marketing and promotioN in all way!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Norwegian users should find a way to have a booth at this show !

At Primevere, there were thousands of visitors, 450 exhibitors and 120 conferences planned. I was there yesterday to promote our hardware and software with the TripleA team and didn't have time left to attend conferences unfortunately.

We spent the whole day discussing, explaining, ... to people who were very interested and amazed by what they were seeing. A great thanks to Edgar and its AmiCygnix because showing programs like Gimp or Gnumeric was a big argument talking about availability of well known applications.

Sam440 was appreciated for its features : low consumption, silence, ... and still enough power with an efficient OS running on it :)

I think reproducing attendance to several non-Amiga shows will really have concrete and positive consequences.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@corto

For sure, Amicygnix is also verry important to promote AOS4 also. People like to see known program working on a computer like gimp,.......

Hope one day, amicygnix will gain more speed on SAm computers..

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

The show booth was paid 400 euros for 3 days. Being a non profit association, we paid that amount and they gave us for 400 euros of entrance tickets.
We could sell some of them at low price to refund 1/3 of the amount.
The rest was paid by the association (i.e. by its members annual fee).

There are more and more events about ecology and Sam/OS4 has the right to be there! Enough said

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L
Nice to see AmigaOS reach people outside of our community. Great idea!

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top

Register To Post