Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 144

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
RunInUAE r2 released - much improved!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have now released RunInUAE r2, which is much improved:

* Hopefully fixed HD installed games not starting for some people. (Please reinstall Workbench 3.1)
* Added automatic loading of multi-disk games.
* Per-drawer & per-game config files now work with ADFs! (bug fix)
* Now opens an App Window for you to drop games on. Easier than dropping them on it's AmiDock icon!
* A new icon, thanks to David Braconnier.
* Improved installer & manual, thanks to user feedback.

You can download it here:
http://cshandley.co.uk/runinuae/RunInUAE_r2.lha

RunInUAE is designed to make it incredibly easy to run old Amiga games on Amiga OS4, and it comes with an easy installer. You can find more here.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: RunInUAE r2 released - much improved!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

thanks for the quick update Chris ..will be trying it out tonight

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

is better to delete and reinstall the old installation ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre
You should be able to install over the top (I considered this while updating the Installer), and future installs over the top should be even easier (it now remembers all your install choices but still allows you to change them).

If you have had problems with HD installed games not starting, then please delete the OLD Workbench3.x folder, and let it create a new one.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
Tested.
Multidisking works fine :) I just drag the first one, and it's get all the other ones :) Pretty easy for use. Thanks. (and new icon looks much better, yep)

UPDATE: CrhisH, by "multidisk" feature only up to 3 disks ? (have games with 4/5 disks, but runuae detect only 1,2 and 3).

UPDATE2: What about adding tooltype to the RunUAE, which will remove all that debug output windowses ? Like "OUTPUT_WINDOW=no/yes".

Edited by kas1e on 2010/1/3 16:42:43
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
If you start Game_Disk1.adf, it should load Game_Disk2.adf, Game_Disk3.adf & Game_Disk4.adf . And it should report in the window that it found Game_Disk2.adf, Game_Disk3.adf & Game_Disk4.adf .

However, it is up to games whether they actually support that many disk drive.... and many do not! (Which is quite bad when you think about it.)

If you need to insert more disks, then you will have to press Ctrl-Alt-F1 (for first virtual disk drive), Ctrl-Alt-F2 (for second virtual disk driv), up to Ctrl-Alt-F4.

As for getting rid of the "debug output window", I always considered it useful to tell what E-UAE was doing, if you have a problem. However, it seems that the next *logical* step for RunInUAE would be to add some kind of basic GUI (probably menus), and so it *might* be possible to hide that output unless requested.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Yep, it's good for debug reassons, but when you know that your game works 100% ok, will be cool to have options to hide that output window (it will feels like native app after all)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for this version

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:

* Hopefully fixed HD installed games not starting for some people. (Please reinstall Workbench 3.1)

Still does not work for me. If u try to start "Another World" from AmigaForever 2006, euae loads os31-workbench and then it tries to start "another world". But then the screen wents black and nothing happens anymore. If u press CTRL-ALT-R, workbench is reloaded. If u then click on the AnotherWorld-icon from within euae, the games starts correctly.

Quote:

* Now opens an App Window for you to drop games on. Easier than dropping them on it's AmiDock icon!

I prefer AmiDock icon, but as i can see, both ways work

Quote:

* Improved installer & manual, thanks to user feedback.

U still can't install it, if u haven't moved the DiskimageGUI parts from "devs:dosdrivers/" to "sys:storage/dosdrivers" and if u haven't removed "DiskimageGUI" from WBStartup.

Just removing DiskimageGUI via "exchange" does not work here. Then there is the error message (exactly as with r1): "No Disk Present in IDF9"

Anyway, good work! Thanks!

nexus

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
RuninUAE is a great Tool, thanx.

is it possible to start it in a window on my workbench?.
here it starts only on a own screen.
i tried different .uaerc configs, but nothing :(

any ideas? thx

regards
McFly

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@McFly

It possible, but you need to use latest e-uae from os4depot (sdl version). In that sdl version window mode works just fine (and you can set it in config as well as just presst ctrl+alt+s at any time to switch beetwen window and full-screen mode).

With the old (non-sdl) e-uae, window mode just does not works.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@McFly
kas1e is WRONG: E-UAE v0.8.28 works fine in windowed mode. Open the .uaerc file created by RunInUAE, and look for these lines:
Quote:
amiga.screen_type=custom
#amiga.publicscreen=Workbench

Remove the # from the second line, and add it to the first line, so it now looks like this:
Quote:
#amiga.screen_type=custom
amiga.publicscreen=Workbench

Beware that if you use a later version of E-UAE (especially SDL version) then you probably ALSO need to change this line from true to false:
Quote:
gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@nubechecorre
You should be able to install over the top (I considered this while updating the Installer), and future installs over the top should be even easier (it now remembers all your install choices but still allows you to change them).

If you have had problems with HD installed games not starting, then please delete the OLD Workbench3.x folder, and let it create a new one.

I installed it over the top of the old installtion and it reported no errors, but when I went to run it I got just the shell window again. It appears it wiped out my WB3.x folder and I had to copy that over manually again in order to get it to work.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nexus Quote:
Still does not work for me. If u try to start "Another World" from AmigaForever 2006, euae loads os31-workbench and then it tries to start "another world". But then the screen wents black and nothing happens anymore. If u press CTRL-ALT-R, workbench is reloaded. If u then click on the AnotherWorld-icon from within euae, the games starts correctly.

Not heard of that problem before - the one I fixed was different (Workbench would never start for some people).

Do *other* HD games/programs start OK? If you don't have any other games, then just go to Workbench3's folder in OS4, then into the Utilities folder, and drop the Clock onto RunInUAE. Should start.

Quote:
U still can't install it, if u haven't moved the DiskimageGUI parts from "devs:dosdrivers/" to "sys:storage/dosdrivers" and if u haven't removed "DiskimageGUI" from WBStartup.

Just removing DiskimageGUI via "exchange" does not work here. Then there is the error message (exactly as with r1): "No Disk Present in IDF9"

OK, thanks for the feedback. I am guessing you have an old version of DiskImage, but please confirm this by typing this in OS4's Shell & tell me what it says:
version devs:diskimage.device

I think I can fix it very easily.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Valiant Quote:
It appears it wiped out my WB3.x folder and I had to copy that over manually again in order to get it to work.

It should not be possible for that to happen, because it requires an empty folder before it will install Workbench3 for you. Can you please confirm what was in the the folder before installation, and what you saw after installation (as much details as possible).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Valiant Quote:
It appears it wiped out my WB3.x folder and I had to copy that over manually again in order to get it to work.

It should not be possible for that to happen, because it requires an empty folder before it will install Workbench3 for you. Can you please confirm what was in the the folder before installation, and what you saw after installation (as much details as possible).

There was a complete 3.9 installation in the folder, afterwards just the contents of the WB31 dir from the archive.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

thanks for help, now it's work
i have the wrong e-uae version 0.8.28 without SDL
this Version with SDL works fine in Fullscreen and in WB-Mode

Great work :thumbs up:

regards
McFly

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
Not heard of that problem before - the one I fixed was different (Workbench would never start for some people).

I think, i've reported that at amigaworld.net for r1.

Quote:

Do *other* HD games/programs start OK? If you don't have any other games, then just go to Workbench3's folder in OS4, then into the Utilities folder, and drop the Clock onto RunInUAE. Should start.

yes, the clock works. I need some more time to test other hd-games. Currently, i only have games from AmigaForever2006 on my SAM.

Quote:

OK, thanks for the feedback. I am guessing you have an old version of DiskImage, but please confirm this by typing this in OS4's Shell & tell me what it says:
version devs:diskimage.device

It should be the latest (according to AmiUpdate):

version Devs:diskimage.device full
diskimage.device 52.46 (27.09.2009)

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
ADF Disk works fine, but whdload games don't.

Is the default minimal workbench enough ? Or do i have to install a real WB3.1 ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@shadowsun
The default Workbench3.1 SHOULD be enough in most cases. What kind of error message (and other behaviour) do you get?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »