Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ImageFX (NovaDesign) purchase problems (Resolved)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I ordered ImageFX from the Novadesign WEB site through PayPal on about October 5, 2009. PayPal acknowledged the payment and my credit card company confirms that the payment was charged to my credit card. I haven't heard anything from Novadesign and gotten no response to 2 messages sent through the contact link on their WEB page. Can anyone tell me how to contact Novadesign?? I think I should have gotten some contact from them by now.

Edited by xenic on 2009/11/1 13:52:35
Go to top
Re: ImageFX (NovaDesign) purchase problems
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I tried to contact them months past.
Think it was July.
Got no answer either.

I ordered ImageFX but never heard from them and the payment was never taken.
Paypal cancelled the transaction after a month due to inaction.

Have you checked you Paypal account to see if the money has been taken out?

I pm'd one of their employees on Amigaworld but didn't get any response there either.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

If Kermit Woodall isn't saying anything, maybe DiscreetFX, who have had business dealings with Woodall, could let us know what's going on with Nova Design? Maybe DiscreetFX could purchase ImageFX, producing a OS4.x version?

Edited by interrogative on 2009/10/22 15:50:57
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TiredOfLife
Quote:
Have you checked you Paypal account to see if the money has been taken out?

It was a credit card purchase and I've assumed that the money would be in their (Novadesign) Paypal account at this point. If I can't get their attention on this or other forums, I'll have to contact Paypal. If Novadesign is not actively monitoring their sales, then they need to take the WEB site down.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

The money does not automatically transfer from your paypal to theirs it would seem.
It looks like NovaDesign would have to accept payment which they didn't do in my case.
When I looked at my paypal account, it said as much.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thread
Actually as an old NovaDesign customer myself (my original V2 box and upgrades up to 3.0 are still with me) I would be really interested in both Studio4.5 and even more in a new 5.0 version specifically tailored for OS4.1.

I hope there will be positive developments regarding this...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Sounds like it is a bit too late to consider purchasing ImageFX, but is there a demo of a recent version?

I think I have an old freebie version (or demo), but it didn't grab me at the time (seemed to complicated/unintuitive). Could be worth taking another look now that I have OS4.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

yes there is an old functional demo from 2004 on os4depot.net (IFXlite)

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... ile=graphics/edit/ifx.lha

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
ChrisH wrote:
Could be worth taking another look now that I have OS4.

The demo version at OS4Depot has been working fairly well for me. There is also a JPEG plugin for the demo that lets you load JPEG images. I've been using it to touchup some 50+ year old family photos that my sister scanned. Some of the photos have tiny black or white dots on them where they stuck to the covers in an old photo album. I discovered that I can pick up some surrounding pixels and paste them over the defects and the pictures then look great when printed.
What I really want is a simple paint program like PPaint or DPaint. PPaint only works with 256 colors and DPaintV barely works at all (and only in low resolutions). The paint capabilities of ImageFX are good enough to let me do the simple repairs I mentioned above. The lack of menus in ImageFX made it confusing at first but once you figure out the toolbar it can be useful for some things. I wish I had purchased ImageFX sooner. It's beginning to look like it's no longer available.
Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping to get someone's attention that could make my attempted purchase work but that's apparently not happening.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @xenic

...company confirms that the payment was charged to my credit card...
Ouch!
I'll have to contact Paypal. If Novadesign is not actively monitoring their sales, then they need to take the WEB site down.
Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping to get some one's attention that could make my attempted purchase work but that's apparently not happening.

Thanks for the PayPal 'heads-up' info! I hope you get a response!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
For true-colour paint programs, have you tried :
* Photogenics? Still available to buy, although apparently can crash sometimes.
* PerfectPaint? Relatively modern & free I think.
* TV Paint? Not tried it myself yet, but I think it was commercial but now free. And seemed to work well in a YouTube video.

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/10/25 21:09:28
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
The good thing about ImageFX (at least the latest versions) is its Photoshop quality blending methods and the fact that is among the fastest at calculating filters (good for large images) moreover it gave the possibility to use the code of certain Photoshop filters and use them in ImageFX (adding a big quantity this way).
Studio 4.5 needs a better GUI and a few additional features and you would probably never touch Photoshop again, that is why a new 5.0 version would be ideal to nail those few shortcomings.

I still hope for Nova Design to sprout back or at least sell the application to DiscreetFX or something...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello!

If you'd asked around there are loads of people who know my email address...even a Google search will turn it up as I've had the Nova Design email address for 15 years! <grin>

I can tell you that the contact form works, and the emails go straight to me and are specifically filtered to NOT go to spam. Also, there has never been an unclaimed/unprocessed order to the best of my knowledge.

However the internet is far from perfect and both those systems rely on outside sites for managing the forms and orders and something could've just prevented them from doing their job entirely.

Email me directly and I'll look up your order and see what's become of it.

Kermit Woodall
kermit at novadesign dot com

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kwoodall

The contact forms don't work, at least not all the time.
I used them on two seperate occasions and got no response.
Also tried pm'ing you on Amigaworld.net.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kwoodall
Thanks for responding here. I've sent you a private email and hope to hear back from you soon. The contact page failure could be due to my using Amiga browsers (OWB & IBrowse) or mistakes on my part.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kwoodall
How nice to hear form Nova here. I am a very old customers of yours (bought V2 and several upgrades for my 2000) always thought ImageFX to be the best image processor on the market! (well at least while it was updated constantly ).

Now that the AMiga horizong is a little clearer, will development ever resume?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kwoodall
I received your email and have marked the topic "Resolved". Others may have questions or comments but my concerns have been alleviated by your response. Thanks.

Go to top

Register To Post