Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 213

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Sneak Preview Of SketchBlock 2.0 Screen Shot
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Here's a sneak preview of the work I've been doing on SketchBlock of late.

Resized Image

Full size shot available here:

http://webplus.broad.ology.org.uk/gal ... cat__0003&directshow=0002

The new SketchBlock has been upgraded to use ARGBFloat colour rathar than ARGB32. This gives an enormous range of colour options, smoother blending and gradients, and allows processing of HD images. (import code still a WIP) it also speeds painting up by 14% as much of the internal code used floating point arithmetic and there is now no need to convert back and forth all the time.

Transforms such as rotate, and flip vertical / horizontal are also introduced as well as a new colour selection window, gamma adjust etc etc

http://www.broad.ology.org.uk/amiga/sketchblock/

Edited by Rigo on 2013/3/17 13:40:09
Go to top
Re: Sneak Preview Of SketchBlock 2.0 Screen Shot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great job!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Looking good and quite professional too.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

looks terrific! very much looking forward to using it once released....

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
programs like this and creative developers like Andy: thats what make os4 looks in good light and make connection to amigas sane and worthy. wish we have more of that.

donation on the way and Andy to president !

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
An impressive work, well done Andy

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If he get president position, who make programs :)

That was quite impressive allso:

http://www.broad.ology.org.uk/amiga/proaction/

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
just make a small donation! Thank you Andy!

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Wow, its getting better and better. The best is a constant developement
Is it possible to make all gadgets and fonts smaller? So many features take a lot of a precious space...and maybe slight tools layout rearrangement(e.g. undo/redo positioned side by side).

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
impressive. Good work. It rocks!

Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2

Quote:

Wow, its getting better and better. The best is a constant developement

thanks!

Quote:

Is it possible to make all gadgets and fonts smaller? So many features take a lot of a precious space...and maybe slight tools layout rearrangement(e.g. undo/redo positioned side by side).

Reaction doesn't really have, per application settings for these things, but it does have per screen settings! So setup a sketchblock screen definition and then change the gui prefs to use a smaller font.

When using SB remember to make use of the TAB key to toggle the state of the tool bar windows. Another thing to remember is that you can push windows partly offscreen.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
thanks guys.

a bit more work todo but I hope to have 2.0 out soon...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nothing wrong with using screen real estate perhaps users should start using hd screen modes.

In my opinion Reaction gadgets are generally too small, MUI windows suffer the same problem.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Well not everyone has HD res screens. I work on a 1280 x 1024 screen myself.

If I bought a larger screen I'd want more data space on it, in sketchblocks context more room to dislay the painting area and perhaps a reference image. Not big gadget images.

The size of gadgets is generally set by the images though, so if you want bigger ones you always create a larger image set. Or tweak border sizes in the GUI prefs.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

djrikki wrote:
Nothing wrong with using screen real estate perhaps users should start using hd screen modes.

In my opinion Reaction gadgets are generally too small, MUI windows suffer the same problem.

Too small?! Man, it must be my eagle eye l use 1920x1200 and all RA gadgets are too big l love to have huge workspace and only one, WB screen. Ok, time to work more and buy 2560x1600 LCD, R6570 and radeonHD driver I've seen nbache uses such screen size and AOS works OK with it, I suppose...
When you look at Photoshop, you will see the perfect example of good, clean and small gadgets but as broadblues explained its no go with RA. Ok, ok, I will try a custom screen. And I'm not kidding comparing SB to PS. I belive one day SB will be even better. See? Low expectations

http://img.brothersoft.com/screenshot ... be_photoshop-59749-1.jpeg

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Simply Amazing!...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

mr2 wrote:
l love to have huge workspace and only one, WB screen. Ok, time to work more and buy 2560x1600 LCD, R6570 and radeonHD driver I've seen nbache uses such screen size and AOS works OK with it, I suppose...
It works without problems on my X1000/Radeon HD 5450, via a Dual Link DVI cable (absolutely necessary).

For some reason, another Radeon HD 5450 card in my Sam 460ex only manages to deliver 2048×1280 sharply; it does try to deliver the full 2560×1600, but the result is slightly garbled, enough to be unusable.

Finally, a Radeon 9250 card in my trusty old A1 XE G4 can manage VGA with 2048×1280, but only if I switch off compositing effects in GUI prefs; Otherwise it gets intolerably slow in switching focus from one window to another (like three seconds when opening a requester before you can see its text and gadgets). With 1920×1200, there is no detectable slowdown even with compositin on. I wonder if there is some sort of finite buffer in a driver or something, which is sized to accomodate 1920×1200, but no more.

(Oh, and my colleagues are really envious of me when I work from home, because the displayport on my work laptop makes a beautiful 2560×1600 resolution, which is *really* great for working with Visual Studio or Toad, my two main tools . Planning for such a day tomorrow, while the rest of Denmark gets stuck out there in the snowstorn ).

PS: Sorry for OT'ing; I had planned to report about this some day, but never seem to get around to it. So I decided this was better than nothing.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nbache

Thanks a lot, I was going to ask many times but never did
I hope to have more questions later this year. SketchBlock and a 30" LCD looks like a perfect match

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Added Sketchblock to AmigaOS.net today - however the software description is a little abrupt if you ask me. So I devised a little fun competition for SketchBlock users.

https://www.facebook.com/AmigaOS/posts/436323846449138

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Does anyone have a list of graphics tablets that work well with SketchBlock/Amiga OS4.1.6?

It will soon be my birthday and I am considering buying myself a graphic tablet to use with this excellent program on my SAM460

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »