Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
48 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Questions about X5000
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
First of all does the ethernet on the motherboard work? How do i install it? I think i read it somewhere that its working. Is it better than Realtek PCI network card?

Whats the best graphiccard for X5000 with the latest enhancer software?

Thanks!

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Re: Questions about X5000
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
Quote:

First of all does the ethernet on the motherboard work? How do i install it? I think i read it somewhere that its working.

Yeah, it works, I use it all the time since AEON release driver for (in Enhancer if I remember right). Installation usual - copy driver where it should be, and then usual networks settings.

Quote:

Is it better than Realtek PCI network card?

I didn't try PCI networks on my x5000, but onboard one works as expected and without issues (At least I didn't notice any)

Quote:

What's the best graphic card for X5000 with the latest enhancer software?

Probably today some fast RadoenRX 560. It will have full support for Warp3DNova, have accelerated video playback, have partial support of old warp3d/minigl apps (via minigl4gl4es). Soon you can also use 570 and 580, for those ones there already a fix in the beta test, but when the fix will be released no one knows except Mattew, so RadeonRX 560 is a better choice now.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Thanks. If i install Enhancer software does that cover warp3d, radeon hd etc etc?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled

Enhancer20 covers RadeonHD, RadeonRX va.library (accelerated video playback for RadeonRX cards with Emotion player) and Warp3dNova.

To run those old warp3d and minigl programs you have two choices:

1)For limited warp3d support you can use minigl4gl4es. (os4depot)

2) For best warp3d compatability you have to buy warp3d_SI. This offers a warp3d library for RadeonHD Southern Island GPUs.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

Its a bit confusing all Warp3d, RadeonHD etc in Amistore. Do i need them first before installing Enhancer Software? I bought Enhancer software plus but i dont see it in amistore? I guess i need to buy 2.0 version.

I have Radeon HD 7770 graphiccard. I guess that card is working good warp3d?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Joeled

If you have bought Enhancer plus i recall you can upgrade to Enhancer V2

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skateman
Yes but i cant find it in amistore. There is another version Enhancer core but no plus version. I emailed Matthew and asked about upgrade.

@all
My Radeon HD 7700 is it with Polaris? If not what card do you suggest? Url?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Joeled

I think you can just download it using the Updater tool.
Here a video https://youtu.be/aKfFcbGHm2k

I would also suggest using the X5000 onboard ethernet adapter. Works fine and you will free a PCI slot.

Amikgakit stated: users who have previously purchased the Enhancer Software Graphics Update can download this package for free of charge from Updater utility.

I did buy this so i could install Enhancer V2

Edited by Skateman on 2021/4/20 19:47:11
Edited by Skateman on 2021/4/21 7:53:49
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Joeled

I have used PCI, PCIe and the onboard ethernet on my X5000.

I used PCI Realtek initially (bought the X5000 when it first came out).

Switched to PCIe Realtek a bit later, hoping for a performance increase, but the card had problems - about once a month, it would just stop working. With Skateman's help, he identified that when it does this, I have to switch off the PSU, unplug the cable, plug it back in, and switch back on. Then everything is OK.

Tried the onboard ethernet when the driver first became available, but the performance with my NAS (WD MyCloud) connected via Samba was terrible, so I continued to use the PCIe Realtek card. I had been in contact with the Olaf and we never sorted it; my WD has since died. I could probably go back now.

So in my experience, PCI is the least troublesome. But going onboard saves you the trouble of buying a card.

Note that there are actually 2 onboard ports. The backplate that AmigaKit supplied with my X5000 motherboard blanks one of them out, so I guess only one of them is usable?

I am likewise confused with the Radeon drivers. When I built my X5000, I tried several graphics cards to get it working. Initially I had a Radeon 7850HD, but it wouldn't get past the splash screen, so I tried a lesser card I borrowed from a SAM (can't recall what it was), which worked. Bought the Radeon driver package from AEON, although I'm not sure I needed it as I already had Enhancer - to this day I think I paid for something I didn't actually need. Eventually got the 7850 working.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled

There was a pre-enhancer2.0 graphics upgrade package available which contained the RadeonHD3.7 driver and the RadeonRX1.4 driver. This package would give you a free upgrade to the full enhancer2.0 package. So if you've bought it, you can upgrade to 2.0 without charge. (Second tab in upgrader program)

The HD7770 has been rebranded to R7 250X. This card been reported to work fine with the Radeon driver.

To make the best use of your HD7770 you should own Enhancer2.0.

If you want to play old minigl or warp3d games than you should also buy the Warp3D-SI package. (eg Shogo)

If you only want to play the new Warp3DNova and openGLes2 games (Eg spencer and kas1e releases) than you do not need this package.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled

Enhancer plus will not give you a free upgrade to enhancer2.0. Only the Radeon graphics upgrade package. This was advertised as the 2.0 pre-release.

No, your 7770 is a Southern Island GPU.

The RX500 GPU is a Polaris.

Southern Island GPUs:
- RadeonHD V3.7 (Enhancer2.0)
- Warp3D Nova (Enhancer2.0)
- ogles2 (Enhancer2.0)
- Partial Minigl (minigl4gl4es)
- Optional full Warp3D/MiniGL (Warp3D-SI)

Polaris GPUs:
- RadeonRX 2.4 (Enhancer2.0)
- Warp3D Nova (Enhancer2.0)
- ogles2 (Enhancer2.0)
- Partial Minigl (minigl4gl4es)
- Hardware video decoding (Enhancer2.0)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw
I was thinking about using the ethernet on the motherboard. Maybe i do so i m not sure. I really would like to change the CPU fan that makes alot of noice. I m abit afraid to do it myself because i dont want to screw anything up. I need to find a silent fan for my cpu. I have to ask somebody what to choose from.

@geennaam
So my Radeon HD is a polaris graphiccard i can use? I bought and downloaded Warp3D-SI package. My biggest problem now is that i cant upgrade RadeonHD from 0.65 to a newer one. I click on Update RadeonHD driver and i insall it and reboot but i still got 0.65 version. Any idea how to solve this?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@@geennaam
Ok so i need to get a RadeonHD Polaris graphiccard? DWhat do you recommend? Url?

Edit: I saw Kas1e answered my question. RadoenRX 560 is the way to go.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Found two cards i guess could work. Is there a limit for the rammemory on the card? Will it work with 4gb? I know amigaos doesnt support 4gb but would it still work?

MSI Radeon RX560 Aero ITX 4G OC
SAPPHIRE PLUSE RADEON RX560 4G GDDR5

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joel

Radeon RX550 and RX560 are for now the best supported cards. Afaik, a fix is in betatest for the RX570 and RX580.

Some users (like me) have issues with a crashing UVD driver. But it has been reported that this is fixed and in betatest as well.

Workbench can only use 256 MB. This iirc is a limitation of the graphics.library.

Warp3DNova and ogles2 applications can use the full 4GB on those cards.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam
Nice to hear. I m going for a RX560 card. Do you know the difference in speed etc between 560 and 570? Do you know if somebody is working on the graphics.library to break the limit?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

Quote:
Do you know if somebody is working on the graphics.library to break the limit?

I doubt anyone is working on that.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled

The RX570 is roughly twice as fast as the RX560.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What’s an easy way on OS 4.1 to check what GPU I have in my X5000?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
sysmon or ranger

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »