Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Horny Source code on Github
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

The same way to reproduce, yes.

You can try...Run Timi (soft synthesizer from Contribution on AOS4 FE CD)
Run Horny/Settings. You have to have empty MIDI cluster window. Then try to CHANGE output (cycle gadget) to Timi. Do it second time or try to close settings and bang!
If you use ADD button to add Timi to the cluster window everything is OK.

I will test as soon as I'm home :)

EDIT> Maybe a message 'you have to ADD sth before CHANGE' would be appropriate?

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
...There is new version with that change...

Yes, it did the trick! Thanks

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Ok good !

@Capehill
Or i can just grab your changes, put in my repo, add the last fix for mr2's crash and put it in one commit to Timo's repo. What you think?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Sure, please go ahead.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Added Capehill's fixes and my last one to forked repo: https://github.com/kas1e/midi-sequencer-amigaos/commits/master and made pull request to Timo, so once he accept it will be in main one.

I was in hope to enable "-Werror" now, but can't because of one single error which throw at me gcc 8.2.0:

Quote:

Sequenzen.c: In function ‘SequenzZerschneiden’:
Sequenzen.c:619:9: error: ‘s’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
sp[s].anders = 2;
~~~~~^~~~~~~

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I worked it around, take a look at my patch, line 541 in Sequenzen.c.

I think you can compare my branch against your and pull the changes using github, in case you did it manually.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Oh you are right! Damn manual editing and just changed wrong line. Now all fine, and enable -werror by default too.

Will pull-request that one as well

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
ditto

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Pull request accepted, now all in official repo

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is Horny_test3.zip (28-Jan-2020) the latest binary?

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@densho
Yes, nothing else done.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Ok, so no new radical changes in code after that.

Bugs with top-left dropmenu and scroll/resize bars are still there. Visually it looks like some of them are drawn in wrong coordinates ("0,0") in the main window. Drawing is probably handled differently in code but that what it looks like...

Also, sometimes I can summon large down arrow at top-left corner when clicking at the low-right area where scroll bar arrow should be. Just load any of the sample projects provided with Horny and try clicking the low-right area where arrows are missing.

So, anyone? :)

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@densho

Quote:
Bugs with top-left dropmenu and scroll/resize bars are still there. Visually it looks like some of them are drawn in wrong coordinates ("0,0") in the main window. [...] Also, sometimes I can summon large down arrow at top-left corner when clicking at the low-right area where scroll bar arrow should be. Just load any of the sample projects provided with Horny and try clicking the low-right area where arrows are missing.

I've looked into this, and after some testing I'm afraid I have bad news

The problem is not in the Horny code but in ReAction classes, namely the Slider Gadget and the Scroller Gadget. Somewhere between OS3.x and OS4.x the classes were changed apparently, and they can no longer get added to a traditional Intuition window, i.e. outside of a Layout Gadget group. This works fine in the OS3 version of the classes, hence no problems in the OS3 Horny version. But under OS4.1 the Slider does not display at all in an Intuition window, and the Scroller causes what Densho has described above. I've tested the classes in my own program, and the result is the same as in Horny.

There is a good deal of custom rendering going on in the main window and the Note Editor, so I guess it would be quite challenging to try and rewrite them to use a ReAction layout. (The fact that the program code contains no comments and everything - functions and variables - is in German doesn't make it any easier.) Therefore, our best bet would be to ask an OS4 developer to have a look at and, hopefully, fix the Scroller and Slider gadget classes.

I've recently asked Fredrik Wikstrom to fix a bug in the ClickTab Gadget, and he was kind to provide a quick fix (although God knows when this will be released). So maybe Fredrik is our man to get us Horny users - pun intended - out of trouble.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Thanks for checking this. Using reaction gadgets outside of gadget group sounds like a not correct way to do it and maybe it was fixed in later reaction releases.

Fredrik, are you reading this? Or can you Trixie submit a bug report?

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@densho

Quote:
Using reaction gadgets outside of gadget group sounds like a not correct way to do it

Well, ReAction gadgets are BOOPSI gadgets, and Commodore's original BOOPSI system didn't have anything like the Layout Gadget. So the original BOOPSI gadgets were added to normal Intuition windows (there was no Window Class at that time, either).

Most ReAction gadgets, I think, technically don't need to be put in a layout group, but doing so brings so many advantages for your GUI programming that most developers use the Window Class / Layout Gadget combo. Perhaps this is why it escaped everyone's attention that at some point the Scroller and the Slider stopped displaying correctly when added to a traditional window.

Well, this is just a rhetorical exercise now because I am happy to report that Fredrik Wikstrom has fixed the problem in slider.gadget 53.17 and scroller.gadget 53.16. So we just need to hope that Hyperion has an OS update in store some time soon

@OS4 MIDI users
Fredrik has a DONATE button on his website www.a500.org, so why not show your appreciation by sending a small donation for his effort?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Do we really have to wait for a update to get both gadgets? (

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sinisrus

In the past you'd get the updated gadgets over AmiUpdate in no time. Now that this policy was ditched we have to wait for an official OS update (myself included, as I'm not a betatester). I know it's crazy.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sinisrus @trixie

Have waited 3 1/2 years for an X5000 update..
Wish they would let more ppl betatest Amiga OS4.X.

Asked Hyperion for an betatest N.D.A. , no response..

Asked A-Eon for an betatest N.D.A. , no response..

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2023
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Latest OS4.1FE Update2 fixes the scrollbars and dropdown menus, just like Trixie mentioned - very nice :)

Small donation sent to Frederic for fixing this, I suggest others do the same.

There are small drawing issues still, but these are not showstoppers:

Resized Image

Above happens when you load sample project and zoom the horizontal view, and depending windows size those black likes are drawn to scrollbar and window border.

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)