Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

Futaura, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: FIFO Pipes
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Jack is developed in Hollywood, Hollywood can load/play in mp3s, mods and waves (it doesn't mention support for m4a - but like I don't have audio drivers yet to even try, but I suspect not).

WIth Hollywood I can then easily Stop, Pause, Resume, Play or control the volume of the audio output.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Or if you know that Mplayer is in C and you start it with C:Mplayer then you can break it with Break NAME=C:Mplayer and you don't have to know the CLI number.

@djrikki
Use Tunenet and AAC plugin which can play m4a files. Tunenet can work in daemon mode and you can control it through Arexx or command line.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Break NAME=C:Mplayer

Hum, I think you can do "Break NAME=Mplayer" as well

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
rhe solution would be to create a separate thrad in mplayer that has an event loop tha allow to use arexx command

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm guessing nothing has changed regarding audio only and rexx commmands in mplayer?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Just to inform anyone who where interested in this bug, I have fixed this problem.
https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/detail?id=6&can=1

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thanks mate, this was a long standing issue, glad you have finally fixed
At this point i'm looking forward for the next testing release, Varthall is also in progressing with his internal repo, he already updated the whole things to the latest SVN trunk so it'a a good start for the future merge with your changes and with the latest Joerg's driver aswell !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

It was easy to fix, so comment that indicated what they know who to fix it, just no one did, maybe they did not have time or hoped some one else where going to, but no one did (4 years is long time to wait for some thing).

Yes I'm interested in what Joerg has done to optimize his new “pip” video output, other then that that they should be not too big difference as I have implemented Triple Buffer in the old “p96_pip”.

Yet again this was some thing that was so close to working before I looked at it, basically all that was wrong was they where swapping buffer at the wrong places in the code.

Yes it be nice when Varthall has managed to complete the merge, I have not looked at benchmarks too closely, but I think the newer SVN Trunk from HQ is faster, but will it make any difference on X1000, well maybe a few % less cpu usage who knows.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/12 18:21:56
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Yes it be nice when Varthall has managed to complete the merge, I have not looked at benchmarks too closely, but I think the newer SVN Trunk from HQ is faster, but will make any difference on X1000, well maybe a few % less cpu usage who knows.

Don't know if it will be faster only because that, but probably having an updated revision might solve automatically many reported issues, for example some MP4 files were broken with the old r32634 based trunk, see:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... um=3&topic_id=6486&order=

While now they are ok using a more recent SVN-r37148 revision, then of course in latest version version from Joerg we are also see the new p96 driver in action, so it's better in general

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

I don't know what your thinking about the examples you have in that other thread where only problem whit MUI Mplayer, I did not see any examples of corruption, in the LiveForIt Mplayer version.

Anyway It be nice if you used the bug tracker for code.google.com, so we can keep track of what is working and what is broken.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
I don't know what your thinking about the examples you have in that other thread where only problem whit MUI Mplayer, I did not see any examples of corruption, in the LiveForIt Mplayer version.

No, the FLV video file that i've used for my test still broken also in your version (using the p96 driver) ..

Check this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wykoqd

Aniway you don't need to fix this issue because the problem is already fixed in the Joerg binary, maybe because his new p96 driver or maybe just because he are using a more recent SVN trunk instead.. don't know in detail but the important thing is to have it fixed

Quote:
Anyway It be nice if you used the bug tracker for code.google.com, so we can keep track of what is working and what is broken.

Sure i will do (as i already did in the past) but it's pretty difficult to report somethings until you didn't re-include all the old features from the original afxgroup release .. i'm just waiting for that --> aka a final and proper merge, then for sure i will restart reporting

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@djrikki

Why use something like mplayer at all for audio? Is it part of the 'modern approach' to computing where you have to use the biggest possible multipurpose program to do one little thing?

Use AmigaAMP3, iconify it on startup and use arexx to control it. all documented and easy. Even I could write a complete gui to control it via Dopus5 and I know very little about doing anything in arexx.

Memory usage may not be a problem anymore but that's still no reason to waste it. I'd far rather run a 2mb amiga progam specifically designed for audio than a 21mb multimedia linux port with an audio function.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

I agree, but its not excuse for not fixing the bug, I believe part of the issue was that there where some audio formats only mplayer supports. Anyway it might been easy to fix by trans-coding his music to format that did work, and then using AmigaAMP as you say.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Yes I'm interested in what Joerg has done to optimize his new “pip” video output,
I've reimplemented it from scratch, but the major speed up is by using 9 bit YUV410P instead of 16 bit YUV422 by default (YUV420P and YUV422 are included as well, and a non-overlay 16 bit RGB mode).
Converting the YUV420P frames you get from FFmpeg to YUV410P is much faster than converting them to YUV422, and you only have to transfer 9/16 of the data to the gfx card.
Even using 12 bit YUV420P is slower, it doesn't require conversion but more data has to be copied to the gfx card.

Quote:
other then that that they should be not too big difference as I have implemented Triple Buffer in the old “p96_pip”.
It's very different, it doesn't have anything in common with my old p96_pip (except for the menu), for example it doesn't use the obsolete draw_slice().

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Sound nice, but on the other hand, 9bit most be less detailed then 16bit, anyhow, maybe we should rename the drivers to p96_YUV422 and p96_YUV410P, so people can select one they like depending on requirement for playback speed vs quality.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Sound nice, but on the other hand, 9bit most be less detailed then 16bit
Maybe if you want to make screen shots of single frames, but for videos there is no noticeable difference between 9 and 12 bit YUV. The 16 bit YUV the old p96_pip used are converted from 12 bit YUV by simply duplicating U and V pixels, it doesn't even interpolate them.

There is a big difference with the non-overlay 16 bit RGB mode. Using 32 bit RGB like in the old cgx video output may work on a X-1000, but on anything else it's unusable slow and IMHO an ugly video is better than a good looking slideshow

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

True

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur