Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
206 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 206

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »
Re: Next Update - Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Yes "drag window with contents" enabled.

--
redfox

Go to top
Re: Next Update - Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Andy, thanks for the link to the newer revision of AWeb. No more of that annoying screen flashing when loading some sites now.

What else do you have in store with AWeb for the future?

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: TuneNet Testing (V86.66)
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Quote:
It is now very easy to provide a multitude of information from a plugin back to TuneNet.

Please can you add "(sub-)format" while you're there?

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
i am not sure about "drag with content" option and what is mean (can't try right now), but , can you add (if it still not) idcmp flags for the tunenet window, to make draggable tune window if i drag it to any place of window (not only for top of the window) ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

That's not an IDCMP thing. You can do it allready simple press Ctrl - LAmiga then drag the window from anywhere with the left mouse button.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Do not remember exactly IDCMP it or not, by I do it already yourself for my project and have draggable window by any place of window by mouse. The flags which i have for my window related to intuition it's :
Quote:

WA_IDCMP, CYCLEIDCMP|IDCMP_GADGETDOWN|IDCMP_GADGETUP|IDCMP_VANILLAKEY|IDCMP_RAWKEY|IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS|IDCMP_MOUSEMOVE|SMART_REFRESH,

If no one remeber exactly how it's done, and bean in interst to add that, i can make an example for.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

What Window do you mean exactly?

The skinnable window system is definable via the Skin, and it's possible to make the whole window draggable if you want the skin to react in that way (it's down to the skin XML construct at the moment).

However, for the Reaction GUI it follows the standard system rules and behaviour. I don't know if there is a setting in the GUI WB prefs for this - I can't recall.

As broadblues mentions there is a keyboard control to move the whole window.

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

I mean main tunenet window. It's not so necessary, just imho dragging by mouse pointer over the any area of tunenet will be good to have too .. But as you said looks like it's up to the skin.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

Oh That's interesting, hadn't notice you could do that with the skinned version. The default skin can be dragged arround by all 4 edges by the looks of it.

That feature seems to overide the ctl-alt left mouse resize a window by it edges feature though. (I hardly ever use that so I don't care just thought mention it for info sake)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Hi Chris,

Do you mean a varying file format type, for things like the XMP plugin whereby the format playing can be of type "MED", "Protracker".. etc etc...

If so, then no problem - I'll add it in. The new method basically uses a series of TAGS which can be created and passed through to TuneNet for processing. This will happen at the Open() stage and can be dynamically/periodically updated whilst playing at the DoNotify() stage.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

Quote:
The embeded pictures can be different formats

What made you think those functions I mentioned wouldn't use datatypes ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Quote:
What made you think those functions I mentioned wouldn't use datatypes ?

Sorry, I must have misread / understood. I think it was
the comment about the datatypes that threw me.

At least that's my excuse anyway.

You would still need to parse the files ID3 tags though.
ID3v2 can support multiple images (and it might not be at
the beginning of the file).

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
Here is my non-bug-related (and therefore not urgent) wish list for TuneNet:
* Support for ID3v1 (I don't think it has it?). Very easy to implement (I did it myself once).
* Ability to delete items from a playlist (without using a text editor).
* Ability to sort a playlist (with using the DOS Sort command!).
* A "Pause" button in the normal GUI, so that I can resume playback from where it was stopped.
* Ability to read the ID3 tags of everything in the playlist (rather than just when you play a file). Of course then it would be nice if this was saved as part of the playlist, ala WinAmp, but not essential.
* The "Tune" tab should show the file's actual path, in addition to the ID3 title/etc info. Arguably the URL field should always show the file path (currently it does not!), and any ID3 info should be shown in a separate field(s). Same goes for the Tune Info window.

BTW, I have a small select of MODs that crash TuneNet. Would it help if I send them to you?

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/7/13 21:39:51
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@bean
Here is my non-bug-related (and therefore not urgent) wish list for TuneNet:
* Support for ID3v1 (I don't think it has it?). Very easy to implement (I did it myself once).
* Ability to delete items from a playlist (without using a text editor).
* Ability to sort a playlist (with using the DOS Sort command!).
* A "Pause" button in the normal GUI, so that I can resume playback from where it was stopped.
* Ability to read the ID3 tags of everything in the playlist (rather than just when you play a file). Of course then it would be nice if this was saved as part of the playlist, ala WinAmp, but not essential.
* The "Tune" tab should show the file's actual path, in addition to the ID3 title/etc info. Arguably the URL field should always show the file path (currently it does not!), and any ID3 info should be shown in a separate field(s). Same goes for the Tune Info window.

BTW, I have a small select of MODs that crash TuneNet. Would it help if I send them to you?

Hi Chris, as I said in a previous post in the standard GUI for tunenet there is a pause button its the one after the Arrow play button the two vertical lines
looks a bit like this -->[ II ] If you want to Edit the playlist whilst its playing in the GUI , Go down towards the bottom of the playlist, there's an arrow there press that will bring up Find Functions and Edit functions plus down the bottom a reorder Playlist
In Edit use the buttons to move up or down your playlist then hit the X to remove that song from the current playlist Hope that helps.

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
v86.66 seems to work here, at least the troublesome releases never got anywhere near this far (a few hours worth of local files).

A general observation (spanning many releases but I can't pinpoint): TuneNet seems to sometimes flash the normal gui when -nogui is used (think AMuse) and that GUI is otherwise in use. Meaning I don't know if it does that for SkinFX. Environment variable tunenet/realtime/nogui is set to 0 but I can't, on short notice, say if it matters since this event may happen as seldom as 1 in 20.

@AJS
Quote:
In Edit use the buttons to move up or down your playlist then hit the X

That won't work, the edit/up|down buttons move the current selection about. Better stick to the mouse, or cursor up/down.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AJS Quote:
as I said in a previous post in the standard GUI for tunenet there is a pause button its the one after the Arrow play button the two vertical lines
looks a bit like this -->[ II ]

I saw your previous post, but sadly I have no such button! I think you are NOT using the Standard GUI, because my buttons are all textual not graphical. These are the only playback buttons I have: "Play", "Prev", "Next", "Stop", "Open".

BTW, I never worked out how to use a non-Standard GUI in TuneNet. Whatever I did either did nothing or crashed TuneNet so I gave up. Need details step-by-step instructions, and an indication of any files I need to download (if they do not come with TuneNet).

Thanks for your tip regarding the Edit functions

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/7/14 22:47:31
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
Ok Chris go into Tunenet Preferences, goto look and change the GUI level to Graphical, if you want a skin use the Full Skin option (I use shield)and also tick the SkinFX tick box
In the pulldown menus make sure the SkinFXdisplay is checked have fun.

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Hiya,

It seems there is a lot in TuneNet that is a little non standard and difficult to use. I actually hate the way I did the arrow button to select the popup menu for the editing functions (it really sucks), so I plan to bring things a little more in line with standards!

A couple of points:

* Clicking on the title headers of the list should sort the list, and then selecting the drop down menu option "re-order as shown" should reorder the list for you.

* If you select Prefs -> GUI Level -> Graphical, you'll get AISS icons next time you start up TuneNet (as long as AISS is installed), with as AJS rightly says, a pause button! I'll bring this into line in a future release so that the text buttons get the same treatment!

* A Full Skin must be downloaded and dearchived, and selecting that directory in the Full Skin selector within Prefs will then set that Skin. Then select the SkinFX Display from the Menu. The full archive on OS4 Depot should include a default skin that you simply have to select "SkinFX Window".

Please make sure the expat library is installed - latest one from OS4 depot!

* I'll look into supporting other versions of the ID tags soon.

* I'll look to put an FAQ on the website.

I've a lot on my plate right now, but if you could hold the MODS till the next ANT meeting I'll look into them then (sorry couldn't make the last one).

Cheers,
Bean.

(Right - Must get on with some code! )

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

Quote:
ID3v2 can support multiple images (and it might not be at
the beginning of the file)

Ok, that's different story then.

I'm using an external program to select songs and Tunenet to play them (controlling it via CLI/SystemTags() call). Usually it starts playing a song when changing it but not always. I have to press play button in GUI to play it. (All versions I can remember.)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »