Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
209 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 208

Hypex, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10 »
Re: Report your 'AmigaOS 4.0 Final' bugs here!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
- the german locale for notpad are broken. menu entries are missing completely (empty entries).

- the german locale for deficons is broken a little bit. the "speichern" button reads "lpeichern".

byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
.bz2 files have no default filetype. it would be nice if they had. easilly fixed though.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The icon information window sometimes freaks out causing weird icon position in the final icon when you add an image to it. And sometimes it refuses to copy the images from another icon when you drag&drop it on the icon in the icon information window.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@salass00

Can't try that here - the mouse is the only option. Keyboard is a USB kind with no scroll lock key.

Should work on PS/2, maybe they have changed the combo?

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

>Copy powerpc.library (and maybe warp3dppc.library) >across from your Update 4 install.

>Chris

I copied all my libraries from PRe4 back to libs:

But still the 68000 version of fxPaint is loaded.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

orgin wrote:
The icon information window sometimes freaks out causing weird icon position in the final icon when you add an image to it. And sometimes it refuses to copy the images from another icon when you drag&drop it on the icon in the icon information window.

Please explain better.

I have dragged and dropped into (rawbinfo) icon information for several hours in a row now and i can't find this problem :I

As for images not wanting to be copied, sounds like someone has messed with the protection bits or?.

Fill in the gap and if i can reproduce what you say then i will do a bugzilla report.

Also, feel free to disable rawbinfo (wbstartup) after you found a problem and see if it happens when rawb is disabled

cheers

**Edit: Just noticed that indeed some of the icons in the Mason 32bit collection simply aint copyable with drag and drop. Will let mason know asap!.

Edited by ToAks on 2006/12/29 9:41:27
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
PROBLEM : can not establish internet connection with a simple ADSL modem :

SOLUTION (given by mr_honk from AW.net) :
Besides the "PPPoE" entry in DEVS:NetInterfaces an "ethernet" entry is additionally needed. You can build it using "Prefs/internet" (click Button "new" on page "interfaces", then give the network interface a shiny name, select "eth3com.device" as device driver, leave "use static IP address" and DHCP unticked and empty, click use). This will generate a file in DEVS:NetInterfaces with following content:

# DEVS:NetInterfaces/Ethernet
# File generated by Internet 52.1 (10.12.2006)
# On Donnerstag, 28-Dez-06 at 18:53:47
device=eth3com.device
hardwaretype=Ethernet
mtu=0

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Michael Merkel

UnArc works here. Please go online on ICQ, so we can chat & write later the solution here.

Tomcat

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
*beep*

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I get a input lockup (mouse and keyboard) when scrolling
with the mouse wheel (USB mouse) for a long time in AWeb?s
main window, other programs keep going (limpidclock, dnetc)

I?ll post it here (AWeb ml too), maybe others can reproduce,
i already talked to the AWeb devs and noone was able to
reproduce it yet.

Thank you

@ToAks

/me removes the swear filter for ToAks

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Toaks

It doesn't always happen, I can work for an hour and it never happens. Then suddenly the produced icon get's all weird outer boundries, like a meld of the prevous icon and the new images added to the icon. A symptom is that the icon text appears positioned a bit away from the icon as if the icon height is from the old icon images and not the new ones.

Another problem I discovered yesterday is that if you rename the icon in the information window and load an icon image before pressing save things go haywire. So I always have to rename a copied icon before changing the icons images.

As for the icons refusing to copy by using drag&drop I see you have already run into that problem. The weird thing is that it seems you can do it one minute and the next you can't from the very same icon you just made. I made a whole icon set yesterday and it happened randomly. Especially often when trying to copy stuff into the def icons in anvarc/sys.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Is Hyperion checking this thread?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

ikir wrote:
Is Hyperion checking this thread?

There are at least betatesters checking it

Best regards,
hnl_dk - Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Tomcat wrote:
@Michael Merkel

UnArc works here. Please go online on ICQ, so we can chat & write later the solution here.

it worked with upd4 the way i expected it to work. but now no longer.
(was online - will be again later this evening - just ping me then)

byebye...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:
it worked with upd4 the way i expected it to work. but now no longer.
(was online - will be again later this evening - just ping me then)

Erm... did you read my answer in post #92 (and post #94)?

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
As for the icons refusing to copy by using drag&drop I see you have already run into that problem. The weird thing is that it seems you can do it one minute and the next you can't from the very same icon you just made. I made a whole icon set yesterday and it happened randomly. Especially often when trying to copy stuff into the def icons in anvarc/sys.

I think I know what you problem is. It's just that you are trying to drop icons that have no actual object associated.
Example:
1. create a drawer with an icon
2. remove the drawer and leave the icon
3. try dropping the icon on another drawer... nothing happens!
It's been like this forever.
Right now I've made a test with a project icon and the D&D works, so maybe the problem is only with drawers.

saimo

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Holding Ctrl down on a USB keyboard on startup doesn't "boot with no start-up sequence" as it is supposed to. Looks like the input isn't being read from USB at that stage.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@saimo

Well whatever the problem is (In my icon set all icons have a drawer associated with them and it still doesn't work all the time) having a file/directory shouldn't be an issue and should be corrected in a future update/release, as it would only confuse new users. There's no technical reason as to why it has to be that way, the icon graphics is associated with the info file, not the directory/file.

Also the workbench windows seem to cache data in some way, you can manipulate the icons even though they don't exists in the file system. OS4 needs a better notification system so that file windows can update their content when stuff happens in the file system. For example, os4 lost one of my partitions (dh2:) in the middle of doing nothing in particular, but all windows were still open and I could do icon/information on the icon. I only noticed that it was gone once I tried to load an icon image from the partition.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Saimo
I followed what you detailed in your previous posts, howver, I still get the same results as Michael. Destination blank when it should point to ram:

cheers

ace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@acefnq

Quote:
I followed what you detailed in your previous posts, howver, I still get the same results as Michael. Destination blank when it should point to ram:

It sounds so strange... it just works here...
Let's make sure we're doing the same things... have a look at my settings here.

saimo

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10 »