Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: My Amiga Projects
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheMagicSN
Quote:

But maybe the time were Amiga developers helped each other
out are gone.

It's the same as it was 20 years ago too, someone help, someone not, nothing new :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheMagicSN

Nah, it's not gone, it just slowed down to a crawl, but there are still many who will help.

We are few, we are seperated, we are cold, but we are not alone...and once in a while we gather in a strange place on a strange continent to celebrate another year of surviving...ah well

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Some added progress:

In the meanwhile the gl4es renderer got Multitexturing support added, that gave the gl4es Renderer around 20% speedup compared to the MiniGL Renderer. MiniGL Renderer seems to run in similar speed to the WarpOS version of the game running.

Numbers I got of my "x5000 with a heavy beast of a 3D Card equipped Betatester" was 118 fps timedemo for MiniGL, 130 fps for gl4es renderer without Multitexturing, 140 fps with multitexturing (but that was not yet having multitexturing included everywhere where it could, the final version probably still will have a few fps speedup comparing to those 140 fps). On my own x1000 with RadeonHD I do not reach these numbers, but it is extremely smoothly running on this system too.

In the meanwhile also all three renderers (software, MiniGL and GL4ES) run in both fullscreen and Windowed mode.

And it seems I found one of the major elusive bugs just a few minutes ago.

Still a few more bugs to hunt though.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Great job, ..you could have gone back to the amiga scene earlier!

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Needed one Arkadiusz Hucko to talk me into it

Fairly said though before I had too many projects with overhour work at the job to have time left for Amiga. Might happen again. Still, 5 days per week homeoffice helps (before "Covid-Time" when this was not possible I was over 1.5h on the road per day, can do some Amiga stuff in that time, now I need rarely to go to the office).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Timedemo results with x1000 with RadeonHD 7770 (multitexturing enabled gl4es Version): 67.4 fps

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TheMagicSN

Nice was it the timedemo from here?
http://www.alinea-computer.de/amigaspeed/heretic2.html

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, that was the timedemo I used. Wow, if I look at the speeds of these old systems...

to be comparable I do a round in 640x480, and also one in software renderer still.

The timings were the timedemo one (so the upper table), not the timerefresh one.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Okay, software renderer 640x480 is 39.5 fps on the x1000.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
GL4ES Renderer 640x480: 74.5 fps.

Software Renderer 1920x1080: 9.9 fps.

Beides wieder auf dem x1000.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Steffen
Quote:

GL4ES Renderer 640x480: 74.5 fps.

On x5000 with RadeonRX 140 FPS in 1920x1080. If run "timerefresh" test, then this one gives about 220 FPS at the beginning of the first level.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I use RadeonRX on X1000, wonder what that would show…

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Personally I would expect it somewhat in the middle between the two benchmarks. I think the Graphics Board plays a huge role for this game.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You might have wondered that you did not hear what's going on about Heretic 2 OS4 anymore.

I fixed a lot of bugs and our issue list is now down to 4 items. I won't disclose what but most of it is minor items.

I was mainly busy with some issues with the savegames lately. OS4 is not as forgiven with faulty pointers as OS 3.x was (the whole savegame code was in the original PC code written very "Amiga unfriendly" using things which is true on PC - but only on PC, having to do with memory handling).

Anyways, this sort of stuff should be fixed now, but it REALLY held up Betatest (as long as you cannot use savegames, you cannot betatest much...). So I made it an absolute priority to fix this bug.

I think this will be the best gameport I have ever written!

Also performance optimizations. On my x1000 with RadeonHD7770 in 1920x1080 it still runs pretty smooth (GL4ES Renderer used for this test, with enabled Multitexturing).

Ah, and *S*ecret project was the first time tested also on MiniGL Renderer successfully. Not only GL4ES as before. Runs in both absolutely smooth.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheMagicSN

Is the *S*ecret project *S*in?

I'm not into FPS, but great work so far

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
BTW - anyone knows if there was ever a french and spanish version of H2 on PC which included native language samples ? Or only localized intro/outro video and subtitles ingame ? (Those I have, as well as the "whole deal" for German, Italian, Russian and english).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Currently:

- Heretic 2

Lots of detail work with tiny issues, mostly to do with
installer and localization.

- Secret project

Waiting on licence negotiations as soon as there is
a signature betatest will start the same day

- Quake 2 update

On hold for now, will start again once H2 is finished, there is
a limit on how many projects when this is not the
main job anymore

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
BTW - if anyone still got old savegames from the WarpOS version (personally I think after 20 years it makes sense to start from the beginning again, but anyways...) - the OS 4 version is savegame compatible

(Actually you will need to overwrite user/config.cfg, else it will look a bit weird, but the savegames themselves will work perfectly.

Just tried out my old savegames from 20 years ago which I accidentally found when looking for something else on my old backup HD

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
BTW - I hope to be able to lift the secret on "Secret project" soon. I assume some people might already have guessed it ^^

Strike out "some". Replace with "most".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Heretic 2 OS4: Sent off Release Candidate to Betatesters. One final round of Betatesting and we will see if something still comes up.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »