Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

I've been in hell for 5 minutes!!!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi

I've been in hell for 5 minutes because my AmigaOne X5000 didn't boot or showed Boing screen.The question was that I tried to change its battery to see if it adjusted better to the time settings,and then a tiny plastic red piece jumped to one card of the tower if I remember well.The thoughts of sending again to Amedia France or a local PC repair shop surrounded my mind but happily and with the presence of my mother desiring me luck we finally managed to show something on screen.

This was a lesson to me that with AmigaOne X5000 or any Amiga,things must be done carefully if not you can get caught in a nasty surprise.

Happy again that my AmigaOne X5000 resurrected.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: I've been in hell for 5 minutes!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

ya I think all amigans know that feeling !
Glad you got it back up again

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Yeah is a great feeling to use again my AmigaOne X5000 and see something on screen.

Sure there are more users like me with similar experiences.

Amiga 5000 rulesssss!!!!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
My first Amiga I did any serious hardware tinkering with was my A1200, which I tower-ised and expanded. Eventually, opening it up became a perilous activity. Then I got my A1XE, and it was a welcome change to easily make modifications. But as time progressed it too became temperamental. Then came my X5000, and opening it up was a breeze compared to the A1, perhaps more so because I had built it myself. But now my X5000 has become unstable and I am wary to sink my hands into its innards lest something goes awry. So far this year I have dealt with boot failures, sudden power-offs and a dead DVD drive. I've only sorted the first two(and I suspect the power problem has returned).

So we share your pain...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

AmigaONE-XE is 17 years old.
First Sam440ep is already 15 years old.
AmigaONE-X1000 is 4 years old.

Most power supply’s has warranty period of only 3 or 5 years, CORSIAR has Power supplies with 10 years warranty.

It’s pretty clear that need do some kind service on this computer to keep’em running. Replace backup batteries should be obvious. Replacing capacitors is pritty common old C64/C128 and A1200's computes.

Of course, there are other issues with old hardware, dry soldering points, battery & capacitors leaks, oxidation cosign bad connections, rust from high humidity. Material stress/derogation from temperature changes, causes bad connections.

Of course, everything can break down, bad fan can cause overheating. Dry paste can cause overheating, bad hard drives, bad ram modules, dieing graphic cards.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I am glad that you are back with x5000 :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Congratulations on getting it running again! What was the small red plastic piece? What did you have to do to finally get it going?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

Thank you!!! Is great feeling isn't it?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Magic

It was a pin selector or similar near the battery and coin battery slot.Fundamental for the working state of my AmigaOne X5000.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

My A1XE has been out for a year. :|
Nothing comes on screen and keyboard stays the same.

@Liveforit

PSU: I have two that are each installed simply enough. I hope they are both gone, as opposed to something else.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic

maybe start with hocking up an rs232 cable to a PC, and see if you can see anything in putty.

You might need to reset uboot cam be done from shell, or maybe rs232 shell can give some hints.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post