Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
AmigaInput Queston
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi!

After installing bunch of games on my machine, I did some testing and noticed that joystick buttons are not mapped properly.
I looked into the AmigaInput to ensure that joystick (Mayflash Arcade Fightstick F300) is calibrated correctly and while there
is no problem with the stick, the buttons are all over the place.

While playing some of the games, fire was not assigned to any of the buttons and in the AmigaInput it appears that it is
the Button 3 which is problematic. I tought that goint in the AmigaInput and selecting a LowLevel tab will allow me to assign
any of the buttons to the existing buttons, but that was not the case. My guess that Button Remmaping color scheme is
refering to the CD32 Pad, so I have assigned A-B-X-Y buttons to coresponding colors. Well that did not do anything and going
back to the Testing window, the button mapping remains the same.

Worth mentioning: Logitech Wireless F710 is working flawlessly out of the box.

Is AmigaInput functional (it seem very buggy to me and would crash on ocassion) in a way that you can re-map buttons?

First image is the image of the AmigaInput LowLevel tab and image below is the image of Fightstick, top perspective,
buttons assigned to color scheme are A-B-X-Y

Resized Image

Resized Image

Go to top
Re: AmigaInput Queston
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
My issue may not be related, but when you configure your LowLevel in that screen and click on save and then reopen it, does it save all of that information.

I have a controller too, it is one of those ibuffalo SNES controllers. it works with fpse for which i do not need to configure anything in the AmgaInput.

But, for the SNES emulators: Warp and Snes9x, I cannot change any controller setting.

When I configure the low level and assign to unit 0, map the buttons and click on save, if I reopen the screen it just looks like all the information has been lost.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi @rjd324

I've seen your post earlier today but did not know the answer to it and did not want to steal your thread as the issue appeared to not be the same. When I fill out the button assignments in the Lowlevel tab and save it, all the info will be saved there, even after the hard reboot. The 1st image you see was taken after the hard reboot, but regardless, when I go back to the main pref window and do the testing, all the buttons will stay as they were, nothing would change, and no assignment will be done. It appears that no matter which button I assigned, it will not be picked by the system. Unfortunately, I do not have any emulators to test it out, nor the iBuffalo controller, but native Amiga games that I tried would work with “original” buttons. This means that A and B are still assigned to Buttons 1 and 2 and X and Y are assigned to Buttons 4 and 5. Button 3 is not assigned to anything at all, and in some games this is "Fire". Example of such a game is Heart of Darkness, so it is not playable with this joystick. I tested Fightstick, Competition Pro USB and Logitech F710. Only Logitech 710 is working as supposed and have "Fire" mapped to one of the buttons. Comp PRO have only 2 buttons working (out of four), and none of them is usable in the games, if I remember correctly.

I am not sure if the AmigaInput works at all?
Is there any other way to map the buttons on a system level?

I know this is not much of a help to you, but that's all I have, I am stuck similarly as you are. :(

Edit: Massive spelling corrections.

Edited by levellord on 2022/6/1 23:34:41
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

The lowlevel section is only for backwards compatibility with games / software that uses lowlevel.library. These typically do not support Amigainput at all. The original library was (probably) made for the CD32 console.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thematic

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated! Do you know if there is any other way to reconfigure buttons in AOS4.11?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Thematic

Quote:
The lowlevel section is only for backwards compatibility with games / software that uses lowlevel.library. These typically do not support Amigainput at all. The original library was (probably) made for the CD32 console.

Yes, lowlevel.library is a CD³² library. AmigaInput has a compatibility layer for old software - whether it works or not I don't know! Certainly AmigaInput has always been flaky.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The SNES emulators use this low-level?

In that case, are they also broken?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Any recomendations for a stick/pad that works with 4.1 and classic emulation? It's hard to play Bubble Bobble with keyboard. :-/

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey @Antique,

I can confirm that Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 is working for all native AOS4.1 games. Do not know if that's the case for the classic emulation, but I would assume it is. All of the buttons could be recognized within AmigaInput from 1 through 10 and in the games I've tested, it looked good. I hope this helps.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, I spent some time actually creating a program running in shell to test out just what "AmigaInput" does by using the LowLevel library.

It does actually work.

When I save things in the AmigaInput window I can see that my program detects the controller and the mapped buttons.

I tested transfering over my USB controller to port 1 as well as port 0 and my program correctly detects that and the buttons that I saved in AmigaInput.

In that case, I have to conclude that there is something wrong with both WarpSNES and Snes9X-OS4 which offer no way to actually change devices / remap buttons. But... that just does not sound correct. Surely, there is a way?

George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
But...

I think amigainputanyware: http://os4depot.net/share/utility/hardware/amigainputanyware.lha my actually save us here.

You can configure that to make your controller act as a keyboard. Since the SNES emulators do work with a keyboard, it is a matter of messing around with AIA to map the controller buttons on the correct keyboard buttons.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks for this @rjd324! I'll take a look probably tomorrow at the AmigaInputAnyware, this might be a solution for some of the games.

Does AmigaInput save those remapped setting anywhere, in some prefs file or something similar, but then system is not reading them after? Snoopy might reveal something there. This is of course just a wild stab in the dark, I have no idea how it works nor I can write a program which will tells me what is assigned to what. I wish I can thou :) Kudos to you sir!

On the other hand, Thematic and Chris confirmed that Lowlevel is designed for backward compatibility, so the newer games would not recognize the mapping, if I understood that correctly. It is just silly that there is no proper support and the configuration options for the gaming devices.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Yes, it saves them, but it saves them as binary format, which is not readable.

You will see in your Prefs/Env-Arch/Sys/AmigaInput/

But, for sure, it saves the information.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324&all

Mine problem is that I have a GAMEPAD 3 TURBO and a XEOX Gamepad SL-6556-BK and I can play games on FPSE and now not at all on the game 1941DX by HunoPPC..I have both configured on lowlevel with AmigaInput.

Maybe another thread? Yes but I have MAME 1.06 and I want to play if possible with a gamepad not always with keyboard as I do,my black Microsoft keyboard.

If someone can help me I will be very grateful because MAME is the best emulator ever!!! And the best program ever.

A salute from my AmigaOne X5000 from Spain!!!

Cheers

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

You might wanna try AmigaInputAnywhere as rjd324 suggested above. I did not try it personally yet (planning to) but it looks to me it is more suitable for MAME as you can assign keyboard keys to the buttons/pad movement on gamepad.

If you try it, please let us know how did it go.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Thanks levellord!!!

Yeah I tried yesterday but I don't know how to assign keys to the joypads buttons.In fact I still do not know how to assign/configure joypads with it.

Any help would be highly appreciated,cause MAME is the best program ever and other games/emulators could benefit from a lot.

Thank you again

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If you want to test out AmigaInput then you can use:

Runs an SDL2 window and actually uses LowLevel library for the input. You can test out if you have configured it properly / if AmigaInput has actually honoured your settings (it only checks port 0):
gll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhi0dfbanzew35w/gll?dl=0

Runs from shell where you can check all 4 ports:
ll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvizygzyyakyc8p/ll?dl=0

Have no idea whether those links will work since dropbox always confuses me.

These links don't work for Odyssey at least, but I don't have any server I can upload them too.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

No the links doesn't work.

I only want to know how to add for example xMAME 1.06 and assign keys to my buttons.

AmigaInputAnywhere seems great anyway,but I don't know how to use it.It doesn't have any menu/option visible to add game or emulator.

And having xMAME 1.06 assigned to my joypad it could be great

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, I just uploaded it;
http://os4depot.net/share/utility/workbench/inputtest.lha

Not that this solve anything. It is just a way to satisfy yourself that saving AmigaInput setting works.

For me, I have my controller plugged in to the USB slot. I ran "InputTest_SDL" in that link above to confirm that my controller was mapped to all the coloured buttons and directions that I saved in AmigaInput.

I then wanted to just use one of the two emulators (WarpSNES or SNES9X-OS4). The issue is, even though "SNES9X-OS4" has a tab named: "AmigaInput", it does not offer a way to select the controller. In fact, there seems to be no way to change anything at all. As for WarpSNES: I select the tab named "Controller Setup" . Here, the only thing I can select is "Keyboard". But, in this emulator, I can actually change the keyboard keys.

Since it feels to me that both of these emulators cannot seem to interact with my correctly configured controller which has been assigned to Port 0/LowLevel, the only option I have is to use the keyboard.

This is why I think "AmigaInputAnyware" is the solution. But, I am confused by that program too. I created a new configuration named "WarpSNES". I purposefully chose the keyboard keys 1,2,3,4 to represent: Up,Down,Left,Right. Then, I chose a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l for Button 1, Button 2, Button 3, Button 4, Button 5, Button 6, Button 7, Button 8, Button 9, Button 10, Button 11, Button 12.

In AmigaInput I mapped my RED button to Button 1. In AmigaInputAnyware, I mapped Button 1 to "a", but when I press the RED button, I get the value "2". This means that the RED button is being treated as if I pressed DOWN. In fact, my RED, YELLOW and GREEN buttons on the controller as produce 2, 3 and 4 respectively. But, 2, 3 and 4 should be mapped to the directional buttons. It basically means that when I press RED I am also pressing the directional button and so on.

So, this confuses me a little bit.

Edited by rjd324 on 2022/6/5 8:45:26
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, it all seems to make sense now.

In order to help out future selves I always perform thread linking maintanence. So: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7739 ; this thread explains my situation.

The code is made available on GitHub. Maybe I can get around to having a look into it soon.

George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »