Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 68

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Freedroid 1.0 soon, make?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I notice Freedroid (the RPG) is at 1.0 rc2 now (spring), time to look at updating?

Go to top
Re: Freedroid 1.0 soon, make?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thematic

Yes!

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This will be coming soonish. Still only SDL_gfx & software rendering, but very playable.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@MickJT
Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward for that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Here's a test archive. I have no idea if previous save files are still compatible (doubtful). Go into Performance Tweaks and adjust the settings there to improve the framerate.

The tutorial mission had a problem (broken in the last port too). I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, and it doesn't happen on Linux/Windows, but "Tutorial Tom" is supposed to automatically "rush" to your character, Tux, and open a beginning dialog chat box making partner_started() true, but that isn't working. It might be that the "rush" command is being unset automatically because of frame lag or something when starting the level (there is code to check if a bot has become "too aggressive").

I made a quick workaround in a .lua script to add the "rush" command the first time a dialog box is opened with Tutorial Tom, which you have to do manually. Certain gates are supposed to be closed at the beginning of the tutorial but they're open until that first dialogue screen which is supposed to be automatic. So, when you start the tutorial, click on Tom immediately before he walks off. You'll see an incorrect dialog box but another one will open and continue normally from thereon.

Temporary download link

Edit: Link removed

Edited by MickJT on 2019/10/11 6:10:08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Any testers? Planning on uploading it tomorrow if there's no reports of any problems.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

I get a Grim Reaper in 1920x1080 : https://amiga-ng.org/resources/CrashLo ... n_2019-10-04_17-24-55.txt

Edit : Well I get this grim reaper when I start the game in the Cry Statsis Lab) also in 800x600.

So not working for me

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Does the old version on OS4Depot have the same crash? I'm curious. The stack trace points to libSDL. Are you running it from shell or double-clicking the icon? The icon should be setting a high stack before running the game. Make sure you're not mixing save files between the two. Does it work at 640x480?

Later tonight I'll link it against the latest libSDL. I'm currently using an older libSDL.

By the way I noticed the prob with the tutorial level also happens with the start of the main game, but it doesn't really matter there. The "Old Guy" is supposed to run up to you when you first start.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT
If you compile it with usage of sobjes, then probably K-L have last one installed, while you compile with older version => sure call for issues

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I link it all statically to avoid problems with missing/mismatched sobjs. Can you also test it for me? Maybe it's just K-L having that issue?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT
Tested:

Downloaded, unpacked, go to the shell and run it as "execute freedroidRPG" and everything runs, open 800x600 window, music plays, can swith to/from window/fullscreen modes in options, etc:

(press open in new tab for fullsize):

Resized Image

Played a bit in game itself, also all works:

(press open in new tab for fullsize):

Resized Image

Even if i run it from icon, it also works.

Even if i run it from shell as "freedroid-Bin", it also didn't crashes.

Maybe K-L run "freedroid-bin" from the icon and it crashes because of not big enough stack size.

Btw, if you want to avoid all possible issues with stack sizes, and avoid those "execution scripts", you can just put inside of the FreeDroid's source , right before main() function that piece of code:

#ifdef __amigaos4__
static const char__attribute__((used)) stackcookie "$STACK: 1000000";
#endif

So you will have no needs to have that "freedroidrpg" script which set stack, and freedroidrpg-bin can be just renaimed to freedroidrpg => less files, less possible issues with stack sizes, it always will be 1mb does not matter how and from where binary will runs.

Btw, is there reasson why you disable OpenGL mode ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Good to see it works for you.

The OpenGL mode needs GLEW which we don't have or I couldn't find it anywhere.

I know about the stack cookie stuff, I'm just lazy :)

@K-L Try this link but I also want to know if 0.16rc2 on OS4Depot has the same crash for you.

Edit: Updated binary using libSDL built by @kas1e
Edit 2: Link removed.

Edited by MickJT on 2019/10/5 15:42:56
Edited by MickJT on 2019/10/11 6:09:33
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Thanks. It's ok now.

--
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Did you try freedroidRPG 0.16rc2 on OS4Depot? That should be using the same older SDL I was using before. I'm curious if you had issues with that one.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

I had no issue with former version.

--
Go to top

Register To Post