Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 »
Re: Updater tool: latest releases and updates
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

I'd say yes, completely...but maybe british law doesn't comply with EU law?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz

The blank lines should not be in the Updater tool. Are you sure you are using this to download the software purchases or are you using Amistore itself?

If you are using Amistore try Updater utility to download your past purchases. Go to My Purchases tab and they should all be listed:

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Updater tool uses our Amisphere server for it's downloads.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Yeah you´re almost right, I got 5 blanked out purchases in AmiStore,
but I got 1 blanked out purchase in Updater.

I´ve just submitted an screen grab here on Amigans but it did not show up yet,
I will edit this post with a link when the image is approved.

Edit: Link to pic - https://www.amigans.net/uploads/photos/3118.jpg

Edited by khayoz on 2023/11/1 10:22:59
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
he he yes you are of course right the updates were provided via both updater (Ehancer Software) and AmiUpdate, it is indeed a bit confusing. I assumed that both tools use the same update server. Thanks for the hint.

AmiUpdate is officially supported by AmiSSL - AmiSSL updates go live on AmiUpdate within minutes of me releasing an update

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.14

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Futaura
Is amigakit anyhow related to the development of the AmiSSL in any way ? Maybe sponsoring you or something ? Just curious, as it looks a bit strange that they always post news that they take your AmiSSL and put on their updater. There probably should be reasons for doing this and they somehow helping you with developing in any way then ?

Just as far as i understand, the only updater system is supported by you is original AmiUpdate, which is up2date the same as the github/os4depot versions.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

AmiSSL is opensource package distributed on Aminet, OS4Depot, GitHub and many other sites. There is no reason it cannot be made more widely available to the many hundreds of users who use Updater tool. It is both convenient and useful for end-users.

Going forward, Updater utility will also be distributed with the soon to be released A600GS and there will be an even wider audience who will be interesting in updating to the latest AmiSSL package.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
AmiUpdate also provides the new version of AmiSSL so no problem. Of course, it is confusing for end consumers to have to use update tools to check for updates.

@AmigaKit

I have a question about the A600GS, unfortunately I couldn't find much information about it.

Since this device will be very small I would like more information about it. Is it a standalone device and can I also surf the Internet with it?

Which operating system is used? Is it AmiBench? What is AmiBench? Is it based on AmigaOs3.x?

Maybe some more technical data would be interesting.

I would be happy if you could give me some information about it.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
Of course, it is confusing for end consumers to have to use update tools to check for updates.

All A-EON X5000 and A1222+ users have Updater utility preloaded on their systems. This is the official way of Updating their system software from A-EON. So it makes sense to also support and help third party developments such as AmiSSL etc.

Quote:
Which operating system is used? Is it AmiBench? What is AmiBench? Is it based on AmigaOs3.x?

The A600GS uses AmiBench Release V46.1. This is compiled from the very same codebase of the Enhancer Software components. It features all the Command set that has been developed for the Enhancer Software over the last few years. It features some gadgets, classes and of course the full AK-Datatypes package. Our new Datatypes Library and Picture Datatype classes are included. It also has AmiSphereServer ready to use Updater tool and AMIStore. It is compatible with OS3.x.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

Would it be possible to check the database of the updater utility?
There are a couple of entries which are not up-to-date. AmiDVD shows version 1.51 remote but the local one that I installed from Emhancher is 1.53.
There are a couple more titles, but I’m not in front of my computer.

It would bd nice if Uptdater gets an update in order to become more reliable

Thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

No, AmigaKit has nothing whatsoever to do with AmiSSL - only Hyperion have made a contribution to the development... Way back when AmiSSL was closed-source, some sort of deal was done with Hyperion to make AmiSSL (v3) a integral component of AmigaOS 4.0, hence why the libs are installed in LIBS: and the cmd in C:, for example (they go in AmiSSL: on other systems). It is still a key component of AmigaOS 4.x, of course, and AmiUpdate also uses it to support HTTPS downloads.

I have full control of the releases to GitHub, AmiUpdate and Aminet, hence those are the only official release channels. AmiUpdate gets AmiSSL from GitHub and I hope Updater does the same, if only for the download counters there ;). We make it available on Aminet to make it easy to download using plain HTTP.

As always, I am keen to encourage all developers to make use of AmiSSL. It means users get the latest OpenSSL fixes and CA certs. Developers also gain this feature without have to rebuild their software, which they would have to do if statically linking with OpenSSL (which also heavily bloats their software and memory requirements). The last thing we need is a competing SSL solution - no need to reinvent the wheel (like the MorphOS team decided to do in thier infinite wisdom), with everyone benefitting from one solution instead.

So, with this in mind, I have nothing against it being distributed on Updater too, just as long as AmiSSL is never misrepresented as being an AmigaKit/A-EON product (or indeed a Hyperion product!). Now being open-source, the AmiSSL license does not prevent this, obviously. To be honest, the only weird thing is this thread - surely when users run Updater (or AmiUpdate), they will see there is an update for AmiSSL, or any other software, so really no need to announce it here too!

As far as A600GS is concerned, I am still looking for somebody to work on 68K asm optimised code in AmiSSL. It currently only has very limited optimisations, compared to PowerPC. AmiSSL could greatly benefit from the increased performance that 68K optimised AES and SHA would bring, for example.

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

It is distributed complete without modification of any docs/licences under the third parties "Packages" tab. There is absolutely no assertion it is developed by either AmigaKit or A-EON.

Quote:
As far as A600GS is concerned, I am still looking for somebody to work on 68K asm optimised code in AmiSSL. It currently only has very limited optimisations, compared to PowerPC.

Going forward A600GS version could benefit from some native ARM code optimisations

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuvok
Quote:
Would it be possible to check the database of the updater utility?
There are a couple of entries which are not up-to-date. AmiDVD shows version 1.51 remote but the local one that I installed from Emhancher is 1.53.
I don't remember which version of AmiDVD was included in the last public version of the Enhancer Software, but it's definitely not 1.53.
Versions 1.53 and 1.54 are newer, 1.54 (or maybe 1.55) will be included in Enhancer Software 2.3, which isn't released yet.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility: AmiSSL v5.14

What is the point of making an annoucement for this update (except promoting your own Updater tool)?

Everytime you update this topic, I hope it is for something about updating one of the key component of Enhancer Software.

But no. AmiSSL can already be updated with AmiUpdate for OS4 (or even dowlonaded directly from many locations).

When you release the A600GS, please create a new thread named "Updater tool for A600GS : latest releases and updates" and use the old one to really announce updates for the Enhancer Software pack for AmigaOS 4.1 (or software being bought from AmiStore).

It would prevent disapointments for us, OS4, AmiStore and ESP users, waiting to have some exclusive updates (and not an automatic ones).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Ok, weird, so where did I get my 1.53 from?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Tuvok

Quote:
Tuvok wrote:

@joerg

Ok, weird, so where did I get my 1.53 from?

Maybe the same place I did.

Back when I ordered Enhancer Software V2.2, I requested a CD and was offered a download as well as the CD. I think the download contained AmiDVD 1.53.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@redfox

Yes indeed, I just checked! Thanks! Version 1.53 in Enchancer 2.2. I hope @Joerg, the author (btw thanks for updating AmiDVD in order for it to work with AmigaOS 4.1.9.1) had not have to make another mediocre experience with working on amiga related projects.

Edited by Tuvok on 2024/2/11 15:25:11
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

RadeonHD v5.20 (Sam 460)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 »