Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiDARK Engine *help wanted* -> Video Animation & AHI Audio
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

With the progress in the development of the AmiDARK Engine, concerning the 2D version of the product (containing all modules excepted the ones concerning 3D), only 2 modules remain lowly developed :
- Video Animations support.
- AHI Audio 2D/3D support.
All other modules are completed or near to completion.

I request the help of someone that know well one of these 2 class to help me. Here is the deal :
As I have no money to pay for the help, I will offer 1 licence of the Full AmiDARK Engine (containing 3D modules) when finished to the people for which, the help will be really effective. If the help is a bit less effective, I can maybe offer 1 licence of the 2D version of the product.

What I need concerning 2D video animation ?
I need the help of someone that can explain me (or have well detailled samples) how I can play a video animation inside a bitmap used in conjunction with OpenGL.
It must cover explanation on how to open, play, pause, continue, stop & close video.
Of course these explanation must use a library, a .a file or direct source code that is AmigaOS/MorphOS compatible.
Of course, the library .a or source code must be freely included in a shareware product. (having to insert a file to details the author is accepted).

What I need concerning AHI Audio ?
I need 2 things.
1. Help on how I can create CD playing functions (open CD, play a track, pause, resume, stop, close CD) using AHI.
2. Help on how I can load an audio sample in memory and play, pause, resume, stop, remove from memory, under AHI. It will be more apreciated if the help also link to OpenAL library that can be used for 3D audio environment.
I need the help of someone that can explain me how I can open audio files.
Concerning case #2 for AHI Audio, it is not needed to use Datatypes. It can but not needed. One important thing is that I want the AmiDARK Engine to support (in priority order) : Ogg, Vorbis, mp3, Raw & Wav files (ILBM audio can be added too)

Of course, authors, helper will be mentioned in the product HELP/Informations files as they helped me in the development of the AmiDARK Engine.

I am open to any proposal concerning these requests.
Feel free to contact me at : fred(at)amidark(minus)engine(dot)com
or under MSN compatible client at : psykokwak75(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric 'AmiDARK' Cordier
http://www.amidark-engine.com

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Re: AmiDARK Engine *help wanted* -> Video Animation & AHI Audio
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
You can check the gl module of MPlayer to see how can be used OpenGL to play a viedeo inside a bitmap.
regard the audio, you can find a lot of examples to use AHI with samples. There are a lot of them on Aminet or if you want i can send to you the gnash audio module, or the mplayer ahi module or the sdl audio module.

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AfxGroup :
Thank you for your 'fast' answer :)
Where can I find the MPlayer gl module source please ?

I would be really happy if you can send me the audio modules you mentioned(gnash & mplayer ones, excepted the SDL one. I don't want to use SDL for the Engine).
I hope these source will help me understand how it work.

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
You can find the gnash module here:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnas ... e/libsound/aos4?id=0.8.10

For the SDL i mean the SDL implementation:

http://code.google.com/p/os4sdl/sourc ... %2Fsrc%2Faudio%2Famigaos4

Regard the OpenGl module of mplayer you can find it here:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/relea ... checkout-snapshot.tar.bz2

inside the libvo directory

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiDARK
Quote:
What I need concerning 2D video animation ?
I need the help of someone that can explain me (or have well detailled samples) how I can play a video animation inside a bitmap used in conjunction with OpenGL.
It must cover explanation on how to open, play, pause, continue, stop & close video.
Of course these explanation must use a library, a .a file or direct source code that is AmigaOS/MorphOS compatible.
Of course, the library .a or source code must be freely included in a shareware product. (having to insert a file to details the author is accepted).

For video decoding, use the avcodec.library. IIRC, diegocr is currently working on updating it, so talk to him if you cannot find the needed developer files.

As far as getting the frames into OpenGL, glTexSubImage2D() is probably the most efficient method. There is a faster method, but it requires the use of the ARB_pixel_buffer_object extension, which we currently don't have. Even if you were to use this method, you should still provide a glTexSubImage2D() based fallback for when it isn't available.

Quote:
What I need concerning AHI Audio ?
I need 2 things.
1. Help on how I can create CD playing functions (open CD, play a track, pause, resume, stop, close CD) using AHI.

Have a look at the cdplayer.library.

Quote:
2. Help on how I can load an audio sample in memory and play, pause, resume, stop, remove from memory, under AHI. It will be more apreciated if the help also link to OpenAL library that can be used for 3D audio environment.
I need the help of someone that can explain me how I can open audio files.
Concerning case #2 for AHI Audio, it is not needed to use Datatypes. It can but not needed. One important thing is that I want the AmiDARK Engine to support (in priority order) : Ogg, Vorbis, mp3, Raw & Wav files (ILBM audio can be added too)

For an OpenAL example, have a look at the source-code to the Composite3DDemo. The audio code in that demo is pretty basic, and should give you an idea on where to start. For loading the audio files, you'll have to find decoder libs on os4depot. I wish that I could say "use the sound datatype" but, AFAIK, the sound datatype still only supports 8-bit audio (and no streaming). It's a shame, because the datatypes concept is a really good one.

BTW, our OpenAL port has a few rough edges still. I cannot remember exactly how, but I do remember having some crashes.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
Hi,

Will take a look at avcodec.library and contact the developer to know what will be done.

Concerning CDPlayer.Library, it's the one I've on target but I have not found a MorphOS version. And, due to the fact that AmiDARK Engine is on both AmigaOS4 & MorphOS ... I must find a common solution.

For OpenAL, thank you for these informations too. Will take a look at the composite3Ddemo.

Thank you for all these info(s).

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

freddix wrote:
@Hans
Concerning CDPlayer.Library, it's the one I've on target but I have not found a MorphOS version. And, due to the fact that AmiDARK Engine is on both AmigaOS4 & MorphOS ... I must find a common solution.

If MorphOS doesn't have a working cdplayer.library, then try to convince one of there developers to write one. There is a 68k cdplaye.library (the original), which should work on MorphOS. However, AFAIK that one uses the old method of playing audio CDs where the CD drive does the audio itself. Newer DVD drives no longer support this, so the old cdplayer.library is almost as good as useless.

If no MorphOS developer is willing to do the work, then this may be a situation where you need to create separate versions of the AmiDARK playback code for separate platforms. For your sake I hope that MorphOS has a suitable library for this, because otherwise you'd have to take the time to write code that reads audio data directly from the CD, and sends it to AHI.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

The source code of the latest cdplayer.library is availible, so eventually can be ported to MorphOS

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

The source code of the latest cdplayer.library is availible, so eventually can be ported to MorphOS

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... _id=35313&forum=15#656293

It looks like itix is at least considering it. He ported my ptreplay.library replacement so I think he should be able to do this one too pretty easily.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi All,

@Samo79 :
Yes, I've just seen this.

@Salass00 :
Will check for that.

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK

Go to top

Register To Post