Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 107

VooDoo, ddni, Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Recover tools for FFS, SFS, JXFS, etc.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hallo everyone,

Some minutes ago I saw the thread about undelete option for jfxs file system and this is the reason of this thread :

Well, on our OS4.x we can choose several file format for the harddisks. The big problem is that the integrated recover tools can be fully used only with the FFS formatted partition.

For the SFS, we have/can download the SFS tools on the site http://strohmayer.org and install them on the Amiga and that's sound good... until you need to recover/repair the harddisk... why ? because SFS tools required some libraries which aren't delivered with the update disc and then SFS tools doesn't find the required libs if you boot frome the CD-ROM.

Yesterday, I used my AmigaOne and it works fine till I switched it off. Later I wanted to use it again and... nothing !!! The harddisk got suddenly a checksum error. Then I booted with the update 4.1.1 and wanted to check the HD... it froze !!! Well, this is the only option I used because if you try with "salvage" option your datas could be lost... Believe me, I already had this bad experience, fortunately I made a backup of almost all my gigas of softs.

So, is there anyone who knows if the adapted recover tools will be implemented with future AOS version ?

Nic

Go to top
Re: Recover tools for FFS, SFS, JXFS, etc.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@unimon

The same question from me.. Before 5 days have some errors on SFS partion and no tools for repair it...only copy all files to other partition,format and re copy again :(

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Thats great. Formatting is even better then optimizing :p

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@unimon

The harddisk got suddenly a checksum error.
I'd be interested in the filesystem of your bootup drive and HD make.
I have FFS2 and WDs here set at DMA 3 and never had any problems. I tried DMA 4 once and saw read errors, so DMA 3 is the top setting. Right, you tested your HD configurations before living with them?

Go to top

Register To Post