Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 172

Georg, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Graphics Memory
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have a Amiga 1200 2MB is there any way I could have more graphics Memory as I seem to keep getting low or am I right saying you can have just 2MB of graphics memory.
I have a Taifun (Typhoon) 1230 / 040 accelerator installed in the trap door with an additional 32MB of RAM on board. Which I have changed the workbench prefs to use other memory but does not make any difference.
Thanks.

Go to top
Re: Graphics Memory
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Ant

Unfortunately not, although there are a few hacks on Aminet that may help.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ant

Fblit will save you some chip mem

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yep, FBlit is a system patch which forces it to use Fastmem instead of Chipmem for certain things. By default, any data which might be used by the custom chips is stored in Chipmem, so it can run out very quickly if you have sounds and graphics loaded, or have a lot of screens open. FBlit will store some of these in Fastmem when possible to free up some Chipmem, but sometimes it just can't be helped. Are you always running low on Chipmem, or is it only when you use certain applications? You could also use fewer screens or lower colour screens to reduce your memory consumption.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ant

The only way to make a big difference is to install a gfx card.

I never had an A1200 but on my A4000 with a P-IV and fastmem patches my chip ram rarely dropped below 1.8mb and was 1.96mb at bootup.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post