Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Filer 53.27 uploaded
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Already trying before asking , and that not works .. I use 53.27 version. Just download, unpack, run filler from the shell, and trying to mark by mouse some files - does not works. After i tryed version 53.24 - there that selecting works fine (that all on peg2/aos4.1).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

Well, try holding shift and you'll be amazed ;)

Or perhaps he needs the persistant select option? I prefer that myslef, as there's less chance of inadvertantly deselecting stuff due to keyboard incompetence

@kas1e

Even without persistent select, the feature you describe works here.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

if it really doesn't work for you try doing

C:RequestFile MULTISELECT

does that allow multislection with with shift?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Yep, Multiselect works fine (with shift and so on). Also that works in OWB, DIROPUS4 and in other apps. As i say, that does not works with filler 53.27 and 53.25, but works fine with filer 53.24.

With 53.24 works marks by mouse, and marks by shift + mouse (as it must be). But with newer versions that just does not works for me (only for me ? Or no one tryed that with new versions ?)

I cheked it right now one more time, and result:

Running 53.24: mark-by-mouse works + shift-mark-by-mouse works.
Running 53.27: mark-by-mouse not works, shift+mark-by-mouse not works.
Runing 53.27 (drag_n_drop version) - mark by mouse and shift +marks by mouse also not works.

Maybe something new was introduced after 53.24 which can make that problem ?

Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/15 18:11:25
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Seems very odd. The shift select isn't decided by filer, it's decided by the system Listbrowser gadget class. It's not possible to turn it off as far as I know.

Can you use shift to write capital letters in the address bar? (like AaAaBbBb)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I just can't mark by mouse only in any filler after 53.24.
Even mouse marking not works (even without shift). Will try only shift tommorow. But as i pointed, it's just does not marks even by only mouse (with 53.24 it's works, and shift, and only mouse marking without shift).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Would it be possible to implement lister functions, like Windows Explorer has ?
I mean, limited information list, list with all informations available, thumbnails, previews, icons and so on.

It would be nice to have picture/movie previews like Explorer has IMO...

Thanks, nice app. !

Also, is Filer going to be implemented in OS4 ? I thought I read something like this somewhere.

Martin

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Are you sure you haven't activated keyboard navigation? (press space to toggle it)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

With keyboard navigation mouse marking stop working ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Yes and no. You can currently only select one item at a time in keyboard navigation mode.

Also due to some weird decisions made when they wrote the listbrowser class drag&drop does not work in a single select listbrowser. So drag&drop only works in normal filer mode. I plan to add a workaround for that in the next public release, however it's quite a lot of work as it affects many parts of the filer.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

You are right , keyboard navigation mode was enabled for me. Now, everything works, and drag&drop works too. With keyboard navigation mode drag&drop does not works, and marks by mouse does not works too .. Sadly ..

It is possible to add workoraund not only for making drag*drop working in keyboard navigation mode, but also making marking works too ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Yes later on. But not right now.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I am finding that Filer v53.27 with drag'n'drop support (file date 10-12-2009) is causing OS4 to become very unstable. Specifically, often a file requester or other window (at least opened by Filer) will start to open (you see an empty rectangle), and then the entire system freezes, requiring a hard reset.

I have gone back to an older version of "v53.27" that does not have the drag'n'drop support (file date 28-11-2009).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

I've done quite a bit of bug fixing since then. I've uploaded the latest development version if you want to try it out:

http://orgin.biz/~orgin/filer/Filer.lha

Do note that there's a lot of stuff that doesn't work when keyboard navigation is activated in this version. I'm rewriting large parts of the filer to handle a listbrowser oddity.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin
ref:#54
Filer 53.27 (11/28/2009) Drag and Drop Test
Tested moving my download archives to storage using Drag&Drop. Single .lha files moved fine and error catching of duplicating files worked fine. Multiple selected files seemed work fine if the FIRST file of the directory IS NOT selected. If you, say selected the first five files in the directory. then you would get this Move error:
'DH10:Download/NEW/December/Packages/srec.lha' is neither a filer nor a folder, cannot move.
------
If you had one file in the directory and you D&D it to another directory on another drive, you would get the "neither a filer nor a folder" error. So, it found snow and ice in my directory ? =:o
-----
Lost about five files too! One of highlighted files was an '.info'. So, I decided to delete it. So, unselected and reselected the .info file so that it was the only one highlighted and hit the delete icon. I lost all the files that were previously deselected. Ouch that hurt! Maybe this procedure is not advised: I did mix editing and transfers. OK, so I'm not the greatest Sysop! Anyway, there you go; stick it under your Christmas tree and have a merry one!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

Sorry but I didn't understand anything of what you just wrote.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

@Snuffy

Sorry but I didn't understand anything of what you just wrote.

Oh good, so it's not just me then!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Found an oddity with the clone operation.

Select a file. Click on "clone" button or menu item, give it a name of a file that allready exists.

The operation will correctly fail, with the appropriate error requester.

Now try again, the resulting rename requester opens and closes imediataly, with no chance to to enter an new name....

[edit]
Changed the word 'duplicate' to 'clone'
[/edit]

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

I've recently fixed a bug related to that so please download the latest dev release and see if it's still possible to reproduce.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Link don't work here

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »