Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOne cpu card
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So we have a cpu on a daughtercard connected with those megarray socket but the socket itself is incompatible to those on older powermac.

Am I dreaming if I think of a sort of signal converter from one to the other that give us the possibility to installa something like this:

http://www.newertech.com/products/maxpower47.php

?

Go to top
Re: AmigaOne cpu card
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@murasame In short-- yes
Alan Redhouse already stated that no other cpu card would work with the A1. We already pushed the boundaries when the cpu reworks were made possible along with a good supply of compatible cpu's.
But hey don't let that stop you trying.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@murasame

If a conversion megarray board could be made into which you could fit the accelerator, you would still have the problem of the lack of dual PPC CPU support in OS4.1, MOS, AROS, etc.

-Interrogative

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swisso
My question was a simple assumption that since apple and A1s cpu cards sit the same bus with the same (more or less) signals and voltage the conversion should be possible.

@interrogative

There are also single cpu solutions that are way more powerful that actual ones available on A1s

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@interrogative

It's always going to be difficult for software to support hardware that doesn't exist, no?

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post