Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Justice for speeding Motorcycle
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sitting here as per usual in the late evening and its been raining outside for hours.

Low and behold a speeding motorcyclist who frequents the street accelerates from further up the street down past my place.

The rider sounds like they are travelling very fast just cutting the accelerator just past my address. You hear nothing, some skidding, nothing... THEN a great BANG... People are outside talking wondering what is going on outside and I'm in here smiling from ear to ear... infact laughing...

LOL I love sweet justice or you get whats coming...

Unlike most people I have no curiousity in these types of situations just personal opinion about judgement rendered... people relinquish there opportunity to be given a fair chance when they disregard common sense, the law or other peoples well being...

amen, that tosser may even think next time if they can that is *cackle*

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: Justice for speeding Motorcycle
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Slayer

Pretty much - Live by the sword, die by the sword, or motorcycle in this case.

He can't have any complaints, he must know that what he was doing was gonna come back and bite him sometime. The way of the world.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

On one hand I totally agree with you but there something inside me that tells the opposite. The driver was somebody's child or was somebody's father/mother. Stupidity - that's for sure but the symphaty for his/her family is something they need. It also should be the lesson for others like he/she. In my opinion, at least in Poland, there are far too few educational information about the threat the motorcyclists are to themselves and the others. When I hear the roar of their engine it made me thinking are there any restrictions concerning the noise level they produce. I think it should be in someway banned to create such noise. In some way it could decrease the danger because they wouldn't boast those massive roars and speed.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@mailman

There is a famous saying in motorcycle circles: "Loud pipes saves lives".

That is very true, as most car drivers are oblivious to the fact there may be a bike somewhere close to them. If they hear it, they look twice.
Bike riding is frought with danger, and good riders will be pre-empting every move from everyone around them. Not only do you ride your bike, but you have to drive eveyone elses car too.

Armed with that info, you'd think that there would be less stupid riders around, but unfortunately not. I would assume the average lifespan of your local pizza delivery man is months, not years :)

Simon

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

And there are many good and many bad drivers of cars too.
People driving fast with cars or bikes knows the risks. But even if they crash it's not so fun for relatives,friends etc. But who said life was fair?

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:

That is very true, as most car drivers are oblivious to the fact there may be a bike somewhere close to them. If they hear it, they look twice.

And bicycle riders are pretty much doomed.
When I take the road (not everywhere pavements are wide/flat enough), I drive in the middle of the lane. Otherwice cars try to squeeze in instead of propely usung the left lane,

Jack

Edited by Jack on 2009/5/7 22:57:54
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

I have got some nice persons living in the street across mine (200 meters away), driving their Harleys around all day when the weather is good.
They are all speeding and REALLY loud which annoys me and everyone else around here.

Unfortunately the all carry the same mark (Bandidos) on their jackets and I'm not the one to go over and complain

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

Yes, sometimes it is good to have your say other times it is a decision of upright verses a life changing situation and not usually for the better in these sorts of cases...

pick your battles and then move out if you can't win the war

I forgot about this subject because I usually hit news as opposed to the topics button

And yes I knew someone would bring up the relations thing... truth of the matter though in all fairness I believe that is exactly what is wrong with the world in some ways...

We think we are all too damn important

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post