Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

Hypex, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Help getting Sam on the net
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've set up a "new connection" through a SAM ethernet port, using a broadband DSL modem. I have defined the userid, password and so on. When I go to "test this configuration" I get the Grim Repear! Can anyone step me through setting up the connection please?

Go to top
Re: Help getting Sam on the net
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Astral

Is the router online already with another machine?
Welcome by the way, assuming you are a new SAM user?

Regards,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Astral

I had the same problems with my SAM and a DSL-Modem. After some weeks and many many configurations later I bought a router (for about 10 euro) and then it worked fine.
I don't know the reason. I configured the router on my 2nd PC with Windows and use it now with the SAM very fast and without any problems.

Heiko

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Astral

If its possible for you to get the crash report from the sam I would like to see it.

RWO

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Astral

It sounds like you're trying to set up dial up preferences, you don't need to set up a l/p since connection to the provider is handled by the adsl modem. If it is a new modem (not one configured to connect to your provider via another machine) then you will need to enter the html pages of the actual modem and enter the login details there!

If anything you probably just need to tweak the mask settings and static ip ranges (a router tends to assign these itself) for the ethernet connection option.

I'm at work so I can't provide mine, I have no trouble connecting via a dlink router or a dlink modem.

Study the webpages of your Provider and take note of the details you need to enter. Use OWB/IBrowse to login to your modem and make sure the settings are compatiable with the settings conveyed from the Provider information and your user details.

This might all sound a little daunting but it's just detective work and a little learning curve of terminology blues

good luck

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rude

Yep, new SAM user...upgrading from 1200/ppc, and not regretting it one bit :)

@slayer

Yep, you're right. I was trying to use the dialer setup...and...it's now working! :) I just forgot about trying to setup the connection, reset the SAM and went straight into IBrowse (which I am typing this from) and voila! Now working!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Astral

Welcome to this site

And you should try owb too,good browser.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Astral

Quote:

Astral wrote:
@rude

Yep, new SAM user...upgrading from 1200/ppc, and not regretting it one bit :)

@slayer

Yep, you're right. I was trying to use the dialer setup...and...it's now working! :) I just forgot about trying to setup the connection, reset the SAM and went straight into IBrowse (which I am typing this from) and voila! Now working!

Nice one mate, glad you're enjoying it and got it online. As others have said, try OWB - it's shaping up to be a fantastic browser.

Regards,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top

Register To Post