Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Thu. Nov. 20th, 2008. So?.... (The AI/HE Court Mediation)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
...what will happen?

Will Amiga Inc. pay to own AOS4.x outright? Hyperion Ent. would then have to go about doing something else. Inconceivable, really, on both counts.

Will they just raise the per copy AOS4.x license fee, and allow Hyperion Ent. free reign to do as they please with the source code? (In which case, Amiga Inc. would also get a copy of the source code to modify and recompile for whatever they want.)

Are there any other options? I can't think of any.

I think as there's only what seems to be 2 options, that the meeting is useless.

I am not trying to torpedo the mediation, just that I can't see any kind of resolution as AI is totally ass stubborn.

Personally, I feel that Hyperion did the right thing just releasing AOS4.1 for Sam440EP, and they should find anything else they can recompile for, hopefully a 1.7 GHz G4 motherboard or better. They should have gone ahead and done it many months ago. I'm quite certain that continuing with the trial will just conclude that Hyperion own all that they claim they do, 100%, lock, stock and barrel, anyhow.

Hyperion should counter sue AI for loss and stalling of sales opportunities. I'm sure more can be thrown into the counterclaim as well.

What a total waste of the court's time!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Thu. Nov. 20th, 2008. So?.... (The AI/HE Court Mediation)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Meeting starts in 26 Hrs, 55 mins.

The clock on the Amigans.net server is a little more than 12 minutes fast.

"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist
I hope something positive comes out of this meeting.

Ideally Amiga Inc agrees to sell Amiga.com and all Amiga related trademarks to Hyperion for a fair price.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Amiga Inc can't be in the business to sell software but what they do to earn money I don't know.
They would need new products and a much larger catalog if they where going to sell software for a living.

They released AA2 and since then we heard nothing. They are not trying to push AA2 at all and to be honest AA2 doesn't seem to have much to offer.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
They released AA2 and since then we heard nothing.

They *released* ?? When ?? They annouced, yeah but released ? I don't see any evidence of this, only some big talks and promises from a fake CEO in some YouTube videos...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Troels
Quote:
AA2 doesn't seem to have much to offer

I looked that AA2 SDK and their programming "language"/system looks quite simple (but powerful). Google Android uses Java and Java looks very complicated to newbies or people who can't use anything more complicated than Basic. But AA2 is simple and you have to write very few lines of code to make a fully working game f.ex. They have (had when I looked) some things missing but when it's finished it's not bad. It's much better than Android f.ex. IMHO.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It's 9:46 a.m. in Seattle Wa., USA

And the world waits with baited breath!!!!!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Atheist

You gone Blue yet?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
....^.......&...#...*...huh? wha? oh. gasp...(breathe...breathe...breathe)

Oh hi Mikey_C, where'd the time and light and time go?

- edit - Oh..... what you say??? B L U E!!?!?! (that's pretty low )

(I must still be woosey not having noticed that! )

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban
IIRC you had to sign an NDA to get the AA2 SDK. Dunno if that is still the case, but it seems the best way to keep AA2 'the world's best kept secret'...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
IIRC you had to sign an NDA to get the AA2 SDK

No. Somebody posted a direct hyperlink to that file in AW.net. I downloaded it without signing anything. And it looks there's some tools (don't remember exactly, was there gcc) which might be under GPL, so if there's any GPL stuff then it should be freely available to everybody. The most of the stuff in that SDK uses Mingw on Winblows. Only a couple of executables are Winblows executables but you can run them fine with Wine.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Yes and all those that signed an NDA to get the SDK released plenty of AA2 softwares so that when you go out in town everyone knows what AA2 is
The SDK is one thing but did they released AA2 itself ? Nobody saw it except in those youtube videos..

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top

Register To Post