Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB2.8 rocks !!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yes, OWB 2.8 really is a big step forward. The sites that used to crash, no longer do so, and I can almost edit my website via OWB. The CMS backend doesn't quite work properly on OWB and there are one or two .swf files in there, but it looks like it almost works.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Today, I am browsing for several hours already and I found myself using OWB more than the good old IBrowse. Now with OWB 2.8 I don't need anymore the windows machine at work to check some personal stuff. I can take all my personal stuff back to home again. Thanks to OWB. Only if download/upload is implemented I think I can ditch IBrowse and AWEB entirely and have a good browser at which my girlfriend wouldn't laught anymore. OWB renders very close to the Nokia N70 browser. Using the same engine? Too bad my Toshibo V9+i phone don't have WiFi so I can't test its browser.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@drHirudo

Quote:
OWB renders very close to the Nokia N70 browser. Using the same engine?
Unless Nokia has several browsers it's the same engine, for example the MorphOS browser Sputnik is based on the Nokia S60 browser, which is based on an old version of WebKit. OWB uses the current version of WebKit. Other browsers using WebKit are for example Safari, Google Chrome, the GNOME browser Epiphany (there are 2 versions, Gecko and WebKit) and the cancelled AROS browser Traveller.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Getting more and more complete with each new version. Impressive!

Question: The change log says: "Implemented statusbar text." What exactly does this mean? Which one is the status bar, and which text is supposed to be visible in it, and when? I don't see anything here that looks like a statusbar text, but maybe I haven't understood correctly what to look for.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Question: The change log says: "Implemented statusbar text." What exactly does this mean? Which one is the status bar, and which text is supposed to be visible in it, and when? I don't see anything here that looks like a statusbar text, but maybe I haven't understood correctly what to look for.
The progress bar is used as status bar as well, for example the 3 ads at the top of http://amiga-news.de/ set a status text when moving the mouse over them.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Did you intend the alt= HTML tag ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, I just downloaded the Full 52.6 and July 07 updates from Hyperion?s site again. I then installed them on my A1 on a new hard drive. Once I completed that process I started in on the OWB install. This time I took it real slow and triple checked my work only to be met with the same ELF library error.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Rocks indeed. More usable than ever. Speed- and functionality-wise.

The only glitches so far:

1. when I start owb at some point after using othe software, the chance to meet ISI are high and proportional to other apps' quantity and their uptime (will try to remember to record the crashlog next time)

2. (probably connected to the above) when I use python and its networking while owb is up, ISI is imminent.
When I kill the ISI-ing python, close owb, run the python with same args: all's well.
When I fire up owb again and relaunch the same python: ISI.
Here's the python's ISI:

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/index.php?function=view&crashlogid=69

Dunnoh whom to blame there, owb or python. Looks like something to chew on for Joerg and maybe the Wizards of OS4...
Unfortunately for me, the python instances are started automatically now and then in background, so meanwhile back to aweb+remote seamonkey under cygnix combo
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ldituri

Those three *.so files in the OWB directory -- did you copy them to SYS:SObjs also? Can you show us the shell output from `list SOBJS:` ?

Scott Woodall

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
@joerg

Did you intend the alt= HTML tag ?
Alt texts doesn't change the status, the ads on amiga-news.de use onMouseOver="self.status='whatever'; return true;".

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ldituri

Quote:
Ok, I just downloaded the Full 52.6 and July 07 updates from Hyperion?s site again. I then installed them on my A1 on a new hard drive. Once I completed that process I started in on the OWB install. This time I took it real slow and triple checked my work only to be met with the same ELF library error.
If you get the same error (Unknown/unsupported Reloc) with elf.library 52.4 I have no idea what's wrong, if it's a different error like "Required Object is missing" make sure you copied the shared objects from the OWB 1.21 archive to SOBJS:. The OWB 2.x archives don't included all required shared objects, only new ones OWB 1.x didn't use yet.
If everything else fails you can try the statically linked binary, but that's OWB version 2.6, not the current one.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Could you add a version number in the OWB window(s) and an About menu with the version string. I have sometime 2 or 3 version running here and it is not simple to know what is what after a while.
Also, do you plan to add authentification one day?

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@nbache

Quote:
The progress bar is used as status bar as well, for example the 3 ads at the top of http://amiga-news.de/ set a status text when moving the mouse over them.

Ah, I see. Will that also at some point be used for displaying the link under the mouse (like most browsers do at the bottom)?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Joerg please fix the graphical missing feedback of the copy process into clipboard: when you press Ar+C on a marked text if all it was copied marked text should becomes unmarked.
There isn't an undo function (Ar+Z), so if you cut into a text field you cannot come back...

When you iconify OWB, when you deiconify it, its window dimentions are the same of when OWB has started...it should remeber latest windows dimentions....

Edited by ShInKurO on 2008/9/12 11:20:10
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is really shaping up to be an excellent program!

I work for the Danish newspaper Fyens Stiftstidende and we recently redesigned our website... OWB have some trouble with displaying it.

Anyone smarter than me that can tell me why?

www.fyens.dk

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:

ShInKurO wrote:
Joerg please fix the graphical missing feedback of the copy process into clipboard: when you press Ar+C on a marked text if all it was copied marked text should becomes unmarked.
I've implemented that for the next version.

Quote:
There isn't an undo function (Ar+Z),
I don't know yet why undo/redo doesn't work in OWB, seems something platform speciffic is missing I have to implement.

Quote:
When you iconify OWB, when you deiconify it, its window dimentions are the same of when OWB has started...it should remeber latest windows dimentions....
Please add it as suggestion to the bug tracker. Everyone should use it for feature requests to make sure they aren't forgotten.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skov

Quote:
I work for the Danish newspaper Fyens Stiftstidende and we recently redesigned our website... OWB have some trouble with displaying it.

Anyone smarter than me that can tell me why?

www.fyens.dk
Looks correctly here. What exactely, or which page, is wrong?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Ah, I see. Will that also at some point be used for displaying the link under the mouse (like most browsers do at the bottom)?
Yes, IIRC I did that in the OWB Blastoise port as well.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TMTisFree

Quote:
Could you add a version number in the OWB window(s) and an About menu with the version string. I have sometime 2 or 3 version running here and it is not simple to know what is what after a while.
To display the version number in an about menu I'd have to implement that first
Maybe I'll use URL "about:", which is currenly the same as "about:blank", instead to display the version number, etc.

Quote:
Also, do you plan to add authentification one day?
Yes, but probably not in the next version yet.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

bump[post 28]

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »