Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

IBrowse problem on exit. Does anyone know why?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm running a micro AOne with the latest public updates.
I was frustrated with IBrowse giving "Recoverable Alerts" every time it shuts down. I finally got mad enough to wipe everything clean. New battery, new power supply, cleaned and checked all fans, everything great.
I did a clean install of OS4 and updates, everything stayed stable. For a day or two it seemed quite solid. Then I added "SimpleMail", including a half-dozen MUI classes to get it running.
The problem seemed to come back after those classes were installed. Everything works fine, but when I close IBrowse, AFTER the "cleaning up the cache" window closes, I get a recoverable alert, click mouse to continue.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I can't believe I'm the only one that has found this problem. The most maddening part is that this is the ONLY bug I've found, but it comes up often enough to be a pain.

Suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
LyleHaze

[edit] ERROR 01000009 Task: 0x6CEC1AF0

that task is "IBrowse"

Go to top
Re: IBrowse problem on exit. Does anyone know why?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LyleHaze

No way, I've been told that IB only crashes on MY micro, it's solid as a rock on everyone else's system, you must be mistaken!

Ok, happens to me too. I feel it's a 'write to disk' thing when IB quits. I got some stability by turning off the disk cache. About the only thing being written to disk now is the GlobalHistory file. When I had IB on an SFS partition, I would always have to re-boot after a recoverable alert, I now have IB on an FFS partiton & recovery alerts are now recoverable. Maybe because FFS writes are a bit slower? Just don't know whats really going on, but it seems to be better, but not fixed, on an FFS partition.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LyleHaze

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the PPC builds of the JavaScript library which can cause the symptoms, that you describe, on exit. This has been fixed for the next IBrowse release.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

Quote:
This has been fixed for the next IBrowse release.

Sounds good to me.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Futaura

Any other news about IBrowse to tell ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

Well, at least I know it's not just me.
A quick visit to the IB dev page shows that IBrowse is not for sale, and there are no updates currently available.

I'll be patient, but I really hope we're not waiting for the legal issues to settle, as that might a long time..

At some future time when a fix is available, perhaps you might post back to this thread so Sundown and I will know it's available?

Thanks,
LyleHaze

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LyleHaze

OK, replying to myself, something my therapist is asking me to avoid..

A most bizzare occurrence.
Since the re-installation of my system onto a spare HD, I have had a problem with SimpleMail ignoring cursor keys and linefeeds.
But Wait! I can hear you say. This is a thread about IBrowse crashing on exit. Read on, as the plot thickens.

Yesterday I was reading the docs on TextEditor.mcc, which I suspect may be the root of the SimpleMail problem. When I opened the MUI prefs for it, it complained about some sort of key bindings mismatch. I did my best to fix it, but my SimpleMail is still not working.
HOWEVER.. IBrowse no longer throws a recoverable alert on exit. (See, I told you I'd get there eventually)

Wonder of wonders, and I have no clue why. But the only thing I changed was TextEdit settings.

Or perhaps it was all just a dream.. you never know, really.

I hope this helps someone out there. Now if I could just get SimpleMail to see my linefeeds, I'd be as happy as a clam.

LyleHaze

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LyleHaze

IBrowse also crashed on my micro ( when i had it ) on startup.. sometimes i got a GR...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

The same here...Somtiems on startup without any reason have guru?! (ua1c)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top

Register To Post