Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »
Re: Next Update - Update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Nice, I tried to crash it, but failed. Have IB open, the Wookie is going, Transmission is dl'ing a file, & TuneNet is playing away.

Nice job!

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

1) I tried the previous test release on OS4 on classic and saw issues with SkinFX not loading. If SkinFX is selected then no GUI pops up.
4.1 on SAM is okay.

2) Every once awhile after streaming for a long time (like keep up overnight) etc...I notice either the audio garbles (and corrects itself) or have seen Tunenet freeze. This is with Audio 0, stereo++ (hard to reproduce to freeze)...This is SAM 4.1 with quickfix.

WIll continue to see if this comes up again with new 86.66

Go to top
Re: TuneNet Testing (V86.66)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

sorry for stepping in here bean,
but could you just add one tiny little thing to the next test release?

it saves the currently playing song name to an env var now, but could you make it save author + songname to one, and only author to one as well?

wookie uses this, and alexc needs it for something as well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

Quote:

I have AWeb APL Lite 3.5.09 (May 28 2007) OS4.0 PPC. I will check and see if a newer version works better with TuneNet V0.86.64.

Try this one, you wont find a more upto date version

http://webplus.broad.ology.org.uk/aweb/aweb_3509_os41_20090529.lha

(anyone else tempted to download this, feel free, but it's unofficial and <b>requires</b> OS4.1)

I just browsed with AWeb and tunenet listening to internet radio for about 40mins with no lockups.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

I found that the ENV: variable $Tunenet/Playing works fine with most streaming radio stations as they tend to use the format "Artist - Song title" in the "Title" field ("Track" in TN) while the _album and _artist vars end up with the url and station slogan.

But I'm not sure TuneNet or the MP3 plugin is reading the ID3 tag correctly because many of the songs on my hard drive show up with "local file" instead of the artist name and the file path instead of the album even though these fields are populated in the ID3 tag.

Something that I really miss in the GUI is a Pause button.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AlexC

Quote:

But I'm not sure TuneNet or the MP3 plugin is reading the ID3 tag correctly because many of the songs on my hard drive show up with "local file" instead of the artist name and the file path instead of the album even though these fields are populated in the ID3 tag.

I've seen that, As far as I can tell TuneNet only reads the ID3 version 2 tag and ignores the version 1 tag.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

broadblues wrote:
@AlexC

Quote:

I've seen that, As far as I can tell TuneNet only reads the ID3 version 2 tag and ignores the version 1 tag.

it also shows no information here. i'm quite sure that i have id3 v1 and v2 tags in the mp3. created them using EAC/REACT on or windows machine just some days ago. also the cover art is not displayed.

byebye...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Virtually all my mp3 are encoded with both id3v1 and id3v2 by lame, and all show track details properly. But not till the track itself is played.

Isn't cover art generally external to the file? If you want cover art you could try jack's AMuse front end which gets cover art via last.fm it works pretty well for me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Thanks very much.

I have downloaded aweb_3509_os41_20090529.lha and unarchived into a separate drawer from my original AWeb. Preliminary testing shows it seems to work fine so far by itself and with TuneNet V0.86.66. I have some tweeking to do to get my toolbar and hotlist setup.

Just a moment ago, I suddenly encountered a white Workbench screen with icons. Already open drawers had no top border (whatever it is called) or gadgets. Not sure how I got this ... I checked the "about" menu item and moved a window down so I could type the info into a post.

Need to experiment more. Hopefully it is not battery time again.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AlexC
Hi Alex, in the standard Tunenet GUI, whilst playing MP3s at least, the Middle button in the GUI ( looks like this [II] ) will pause the track, well it works here anyway, in the Shield Skin the Play arrow also works as the Pause button

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just noticed 1 more thing from the current release:
I have in my startup-sequence:
Run >NIL: C:AddNetInterface QUIET DEVS:NetInterfaces/~(#?.info)

And have user-startup with:
run >NIL: Work:TuneNet/TuneNet -stream http://82.149.227.170:8000

In earlier release Tunenet would keep trying to connect -- in 86.66 seems like it is not. Basically, with using the "run" for addnetinterface" it allows WB to bootup faster but its IP is not ready completely when TuneNet starts. Tunenet was okay with this before but the behavior has changed now

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

broadblues wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

Virtually all my mp3 are encoded with both id3v1 and id3v2 by lame, and all show track details properly. But not till the track itself is played.

ok. then tunenet is buggy here. the tags are not displayed while playing. not at all.
Quote:

Isn't cover art generally external to the file?

no. there is a tag for that ("APIC"?) you can "attach" a picture as id3 tag. makes sens for example on mp3 players like ipod where you want to see the cover of the song.

btw...
you can see/edit the tags with "easytag" in amicygnix. it also shows the pictures.

byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

TuneNet natively supports ID3v2 tags, but that's about it.

Looking back at where I left my tag reader I'd already written the code to pull out images but this has never been integrated into TuneNet.

Some malformed ID3v2 tags are supported (like a certain version of Apple's iTunes), but TuneNet has a very simple and strict (and as such not very flexible) tag reader that I wrote, to this spec: http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0

@SpotUp,

I'll see what I can do.

@All,

I've noticed some serious bugs with the Internet Radio Scan and Search, I'll be looking at this next.

Thanks,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

I have discovered some strange interactions between my system and the 2009 version of AWeb. I don't know if this is a prefs issue or if I am missing something the program needs. This is not related in any way to TuneNet. I am running AWeb by itself.

AWeb seems to function normally as long as I just browse the internet. But strange things happen if I move the main AWeb window with my mouse. If I move it down towards the bottom of the screen and release the mouse button, I get a light grey or white Workbench screen. One time I got a light show where the screen was changing colours (entire screen at a time). Don't remember the sequence but it was yellow and it was green. While this is happening, the mouse pinter is a white square shaped blob.

I have since gone back to my original AWeb version and I can move the main window around with no other strange effects.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

I get random lock ups still when double clicking radio stations in a radio list (V86.66).

IIntuition->ObtainBitMapSource() and IIntuition->ObtainBitMapInstance() can read these embedded cover art pictures automaticly without any special id3 tag parsing functions. (I don't know if any specific datatype is needed. I have bunch of them.) (Like for example WBPreview does.)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

Quote:

AWeb seems to function normally as long as I just browse the internet. But strange things happen if I move the main AWeb window with my mouse. If I move it down towards the bottom of the screen and release the mouse button, I get a light grey or white Workbench screen. One time I got a light show where the screen was changing colours (entire screen at a time). Don't remember the sequence but it was yellow and it was green. While this is happening, the mouse pinter is a white square shaped blob.

Ouch. Haven't seen anything like that here. Nor has anyone on the aweb-dev list mentioned it.
There are some changes to get arround corruption etc with compositing on.

Do you have compositing on or off? I'm guessing off because AWeb is almost unusable here with compositing on untill I fixed it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

I just replicated your problem, it happens with compositing off, and when you push the aweb window off the screen. I had noticed an issue with scrolling or rendering in AWebs window, when the window was pushed off screen but had never tried it with compositing off, it's quite dramatic!

I'll try to find time to look into that....

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

I have a MicroA1. I usually run my system with compositing disabled to conserve Video RAM.

Verified ... New version of AWeb works fine with composting enabled and I can drag the main window to the bottom of the screen and release mouse button with no strange effects.

Thanks,
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

Quote:

and release mouse button

So you've not got "drag window with contents" enabled either then?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

The embeded pictures can be different formats, see the debug output below from my tag reader, so the resulting data will need to be passed through datatypes.

Anyway, I've now started to tackle the handling of more Tune Information including pictures. It is now very easy to provide a multitude of information from a plugin back to TuneNet.

Cheers,
Bean.

idv32 "mp3:Mr BriteSide/01 Mr. Brightside (Club Edit).mp3"
** idv32: ? 2005/2009 by Paul Heams **

Compiled with examine mode on

Clearing pointers
Reading File
IDV3 tag found
version 2

... SNIP ...

ID : PIC - (Size of block is 103216 bytes)
comparing images..Mime Type = JPG (4) Read in Picture Number = 0,

Attached Picture

** Found 6 bits of requested info **
[Title ] : Mr. Brightside (Club Edit)
[Artist ] : Jealous Guys
[Band ] :
[Album ] : Mr. Brightside - EP
[Genre ] : Fusion
[BPM ] :
[Copyright] :
[Comment ] : iTunSMPB
[Image 0 ] : 0x67e24000
[Image 1 ] : 0x000000
[Image 2 ] : 0x000000
[Image 3 ] : 0x000000
[Image 4 ] : 0x000000
Free Image (object 10)

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »