Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »
Re: Next Update - Update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

Works great here, our systems must think bugs are for whimps!!!!

A1XE G4 800mhz,512mb,Radeon9200,SonyDRU-510A and 800a, Esi Juli@,Sil680,WiFi.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Yep, sorry, it was just a quick report (maybe too quick )

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

I'm back to v0.8652, all the newer versions lockup my micro. I start TN, no radio stations show up, TN says its scanning. After about 30 sec I lock up. Or I start TN, load a saved station & I lock up. Strange, as the build that fixed the audio volume worked at first, but now it's acting up.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sundown

Kas1e is kindly doing some testing for me. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of the issue.

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

I appreciate the work you and others like kas1e are doing with TuneNet.

I still get occasional freezes with TuneNet V86.64. For me, most freezes happen if I am playing internet radio and try to use AWebPPC. Seems to work fine with OWB 3.15 and NetSurf.

Just out of curiosity, I downloaded V86.52 from OS4Depot and no freezes so far with it. I have even launched and used AWebPPC many times while playing internet radio with TuneNet and no freezes or GrimReapers at all yet.

If I recall correctly, this is the first time I have used TuneNet V86.52 since I installed AmigaOS 4.1 in September 2008. I'm just using the MP3 stuff right now.

Thanks,
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
TuneNet (latest versions) works great for me, no crashes, not that I ever really had any problems

I personally suspect that some 3rd-party plug-ins are to blame for most "TuneNet problems".

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

I don't get freezes here (although a little while since I listen to internet radio, so a problem could have popped up since) which version of AWeb? What hardware?

Have you tried the unoficial build (of AWeb) on my website?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

It's not aweb problem. The same for me just without anythink. But with any programm in the backfgorund, problem happenes offten. Right now i try to help bean to find out the problem, hope he will fix that soon (we are closed already i think).

edit: who have problems like me with freezes, can at moment try to set in tunenet prefs/general tab/AHI Mode to the Ahi Audio 0 (by default it set's to AHI User Mode). Hope bean will not angree on me becouse i said that too early :)

Edited by kas1e on 2009/7/11 19:53:58
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

It looks like the issue may be down to the AHI User Mode as Kas1e mentioned, but I'm not sure if it is that in general, or a particular driver, namely the "device Unit 0 audio mode" driver.

If people are using the above they shouldn't have to anymore as you can select AHI Audio 0 from the TuneNet Preferences (General Tab->Audio Mode).

If people are expriencing solid freezes and really bad stability then please could they list what Audio Mode they are using, and if it is a User Mode what driver "AHI Mode" is selected, IE: VIA-AC97:HiFi 16 bit stereo++".

I want to get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks,
Bean.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
Who have problems like me with freezes, can at moment try to set in tunenet prefs/general tab/AHI Mode to the Ahi Audio 0

I always use TuneNet with "AHI Audio 0" mode "CS2481: 16 bit stereo++". Maybe this is why I don't get problems?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

micro A1

Audio Mode=AHI User Mode
AHI Mode=Unit 0 HiFi 16 bit stereo++

Trying,
Audio Mode=AHI Audio 0
AHI Mode=Unit 0 HiFi 16 bit stereo+

No lockup, radio stations loaded ok, will test some more.
Running v0.8664

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sundown

Oh #@?!, I think I've found the bug that people who use the AHI User Mode have been getting.

Damn, it looks like whilst trying to find the issue with the Audio being at half volume I've mis-overtyped a number within the Audio Output source file.

A source comparison between V86.52 and the current one confirms it.

Damn, sorry guys. I'll get a fix out tonight, in the meantime just switch to Audio 0 / 1 / 2 or 3 in the Audio Mode prefs, save, reboot (to be sure) and play.

In the next release I think I'll make Audio 0 the default mode, rather than the User Mode (Music Unit).

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Edit --- I was typing while you replied to sundown.

My info follows below ...

MicroA1 with IBM PPC 750GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
using standard onboard components, no cards in PCI slot
PS2 keyboard,
Logitech Optical USB/PS2 compatible mouse connected via green USB/PS2 adapter to PS2 mouse port on MicroA1

AmigaOne version of AmigaOS 4.1 with all OS4.1 QuickFixes from Hyperion Website

Audio Preferences for TuneNet:
Audio Mode: AHI Audio 0
CMI8738:HiFi 16 bit stereo++

Currently using TuneNet V0.86.52 and it seems to work just fine with AWeb.

TuneNet V0.86.64 works just fine by itself or with OWB 3.15 or with NetSurf 2.1.

But my machine freezes up solid if I am using TuneNet V0.86.64 to listen to internet radio and then launch AWeb to surf the net while I am listening to the radio. Sometimes it appears to be the station, sometimes my system freezes immediately.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@redfox

The bug should only affect AHI User Mode audio, and not a straight AHI Audio 0 selection, so the problem you mention may still remain even after this next release. Can you let me know what version of AWeb you are using? I'll download it to try and reproduce once the next version has been made public ( the fix for the fix for the fix version ).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

AWeb APL Lite 3.5.09 (May 28 2007) OS4.0 PPC

MicroA1 with IBM PPC 750GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
using standard onboard components, no cards in PCI slot
PS2 keyboard,
Logitech Optical USB/PS2 compatible mouse connected via green USB/PS2 adapter to PS2 mouse port on MicroA1

AmigaOne version of AmigaOS 4.1 with all OS4.1 QuickFixes from Hyperion Website

A little bit of background ...
For whatever reason, TuneNet and AWeb have never played nicely together on my machine, even when I was running OS4.0. If I was listening to an internet radio station with TuneNet and launched AWeb, my system would croak shortly afterwards. Music stops, network goes down, USB down, mouse freezes, reset required. If a GR was generated it always pointed to AWeb. Aweb worked just fine by itself. AmigaAMP worked just fine with AWeb. TuneNet worked just fine by itself. TuneNet worked just fine with IBrowse.

This is one reason why I waited so long after installing AmigaOS 4.1 to actually try TuneNet again. I wanted to make sure my other stuff was working and stable first.

I installed V86.54 when it became available, and subsequently tried V86.60 and V86.64. If I do not use AWeb, V86.64 does not give me any trouble at all.

Yesterday, out of curiousity, I installed TuneNet V0.86.52 and it works just fine by itself and with AWeb. I was very surprised because this is the first time that these two programs have worked together on my machine.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

AWeb APL Lite 3.5.09 (May 28 2007) OS4.0 PPC

Some further details in my post to broadblues.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@redfox

Quote:
Audio Preferences for TuneNet:
Audio Mode: AHI Audio 0
CMI8738:HiFi 16 bit stereo++

Please try AHI Mode "Unit 0 HiFi 16 bit stereo++" instead of CMI8738:HiFi 16 bit stereo++. AWeb doesn't crash TN anymore for me. I think bean is onto the problem.

@bean

In the words of Charlie Chan, "thank you so much".

(been watching old 1930s murder mystery movies)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sundown

With TuneNet V0.86.64 ...

It doesn't matter if I use "Unit 0 HiFi 16 bit stereo++" or "CMI8738:HiFi 16 bit stereo++"". AWeb still locks up my machine. I got into my 3rd webpage last time.

On the otherhand, TuneNet V0.86.52 and AWeb seem to play nicely together.

I'm listening to Absolutely Smooth Jazz - SKY.FM - right now while I type this post with AWeb.

I have AWeb APL Lite 3.5.09 (May 28 2007) OS4.0 PPC. I will check and see if a newer version works better with TuneNet V0.86.64.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
OK, you'll find a version here with the bug mentioned above fixed:-

http://www.tunenet.co.uk/downloads/tN86_66.lha

As usual I'll be interested to know how people get on, hopefully no more straight off freezes.

V86.66

* Fixed the number of sound allocations for the AHI User Mode
* Message System - Internal Changes
* Updated 1st time start message.
* AHI Audio 0 is now the default mode for new users.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Listening to internet radio right now with TuneNet V86.66 and posting with AWeb. No freezes encountered yet. I'll reply again later.

Thanks,
redfox

Update... Random system freezes, can't duplicate. Checking ...

Edited by redfox on 2009/7/12 4:41:26
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »