Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »
Re: Next Update - Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

I've been away most of the day. Downloaded and installed tn8660.lha just a few minutes ago.

Working great so far.

Thanks,
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
Tryed new version, The same freeze (and some time crash) on the begining. So, how it looks like:

1. reboot
2. run owb
3. run tunenet -> open file -> choice mp3 -> press play = solid freeze.

Some time, it's crashes on task called Tunenet Opener. Maybe it's the same bug which make solid freezes, maybe not. Anyway, when it was "crash", i catch it by GR and save logs, you can found it here. There is 2 directoryes, in which i colled crash logs from one time, and from second time (just to be sure about).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Please can you remove the XMP plugin, reboot and retry your test.

I'm not saying that is the issue, but you should really test with the standard plugins only so I can be sure TuneNet is the culprit!

Thanks,
Bean

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
Yeah, just when i read your post, i go to diropus, remove xmp plugin at all, then run, choice mp3, and have TuneNet Opener crash.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Hmm, this is going to take a bit of tracking down. Would you be interested in trying out a test version to try and locate the issue? If so could you PM me your email address?

In any case please could you answer the following:

1/ What is the full path and filename to the file you were trying to load?
2/ Does the same problem occur if you open an AIFF or PT module?
3/ Have you tried a variety of MP3 files (or the same one each time)?
4/ Has TN ever worked for you?
5/ Are you in GUI , SkinFX or Docky mode? (Please list docky / skin in use).
6/ Are you playing with an AHI device number, or Music Unit (User Mode)?

Many Thanks,
Paul.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Quote:
I'll look at the break up problems and see what I can do. Does this occur in both AHI User Mode and AHI Device Mode?

I normally have it set to AH User Mode - Unit 0:HiFi Stereo++
Changed audio mode to AHI Unit 0 and the problems are worse, it stutters for ages after the initial gap, and can only be restored by pausing and restarting (this is what I see on the A1, according to the ENVARC: which was on that drive it was set ahidev=0)

Sorry for the delay, I suddenly remembered there was something I was supposed to be replying to!

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Some time, it's crashes on task called Tunenet Opener...
3. run tunenet -> open file -> choice mp3 -> press play = solid freeze.

ps2 mouse or optical USB mouse? Tried both?

@ Bean
(Because of SDL update) I can be going along and the optical USB mouse will freeze and the ps2 will still work and after movement the optical mouse will work again! It sounds like a register gets stuck. Seen this OS4.1 install and before QuickFix update.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy and @kas1e,

I'm currently re-implementing the Opener() process as I've identified several potential issues with it.... This may take a little time..

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Bet you wish you'd stayed away huh?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
Yeah, of course i am in interest about deep tests/beta testing. Write me at kas1e <blah> yandex.ru (kas1e, not kasle).

About your questions : xx50 version works just fine all the time without any problems. So answers is:

1. full path are different. For example i tryed 2 times: work:music/mp3/name_of_mp3_name.mp3 and work:mag1/data/music/mod_name.mod.

2. tryed also PT and AIFF. The same. Sometime crash, some time solid freeze (now i think that it's 99% open() kind fucntions).

3. i try different files. Just looks like problem not with "depacking" of file itself, or kind, but just with open it for the begining to works with that.

4. old tunenets works perfectly for me all the time and very stable. The problems start happnes with only new latest releases.

5. I tryed with skinfx, with docky, without skinfx, without docky, with graphical look, without - always the same bug.

6. In general i have always setuped default unit and unit 0 at 32 channels, etc.

Right now i just put old tunenet back (xx50) when write message to you, open any file, it work/plays/fine.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Indeed :)

Na, it's all good. I want to know why TuneNet works well on some machines, but crashes on others - I'll get there.

Cheers.
Bean.

P.S. Got myself a great 1080P monitor, so I'm viewing my Workbench in fabulous 1920x1080 res, makes a hell of a difference when programming! :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the info. The odd thing is the player/opener code has hardly changed from V0.86.50 to V86.60. I've identified several problems (as I mentioned previously) I hope they are the cause.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

tunenet opener related crashes wasn't all that uncommon with earlier versions either. i hope you've set it straight now. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

Would it be hard to add a text search function to the radio scan? So users could search for "Beatles", or "classical" or "Country" (for example) and get just the stations that had the keyword in the description.

I think the OS4 port of AmiNetRadio had that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

I still get the occasional freeze with TuneNet V0.86.60 - 1st July 09, even when it is the first and only program launched from my Workbench.

Freezes only happen with internet radio. Does not seem to be related to any particular internet radio station which I pick from the list.

SMOOTHJAZZ.COM seems to work the best for me.

I have been assuming that TuneNet V0.86.60 is a standalone program.

Now I have a few questions ...

Does TuneNet V0.86.60 require anything from any other previous version?

When I launch TuneNet, should I wait for the SCAN NOW button to become active, or is it ok to pick from the list as soon as the stations appear (as I have been doing)?

---
redfox

BTW, I have already come to the conclusion that TuneNet and AWebPPC do not like each other on my machine. I had the same issue with previous versions so this is no big problem for me.

Edited by redfox on 2009/7/4 19:28:33
Edited by redfox on 2009/7/4 19:29:23
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:
tunenet opener related crashes wasn't all that uncommon with earlier versions either. i hope you've set it straight now. :)

It's hard to tell! I seem to be one of the few that doesn't suffer from them! :)

I'm about 50% through the changes for it, so we'll know soon enough.

@redfox,

The disable on the "Scan Now" button was just to prevent the user from scanning too often. It is fine to double click stations whilst it is disabled, scanning, or in find mode - at least it should be.

@RacerX,

It's on the list for implementation.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

I've a stability issue to report...
On my A1SE(512MB ram, Radeon9250, Audigy1, Sil680) after some time of playing(not so much) I got an hd lock(red light always tunred on and no disk operations permitted)...
I know that was rather "normal" on A1SE got problems like that, but if I use SiimplePlay to play same files I dont got any locks(or however the system stability was really much high than with TuneNET running)...
Any idea on why that happen? Did you need some test?
Thank you!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

I don't have any opener crashes (AFAIK).

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Tuxedo

I can't really see the point of testing for this until the standard crashes have been dealt with first. Once everyone is able to use TN without all these Grim crashes happening then we'll see if that has made a difference to your hard locks and go from there.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

ok right!
I'm, continuing test the next releases.. :)

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »