Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »
x1000 documentation and other x1000 related questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Can somebody point me on the very latest technical refence manuals and all the other stuff for X1000 ?

So far i found this (but do not know if that the latest ones):

1). Nemo revision 2.1 Motherboard Technical Reference Manual, Version 1.5 from december-13 2011. File called x1000_trm_1-5.pdf.

2). AmigaONE X1000 Firmware and Booting Guide version 1.5. Date is unknown, file named x1000_cfe.pdf

3). "How to apply a firmware update to your AmigaOne X-1000", date unknown, file named x1000 reflash.pdf.

4). x1000 quick start guide (date is unknown, but probably there were one edition of this?). File called x1000_quickstartguide.pdf.

Is there any other docs/guides which i need , and is those i have of latest versions ?

Also questions:

Is USB booting works for X1000 or CD-ROM only way?
Is cfe_20120608.lha are the last one ?
Is rev2.1 of motherboard is the latest one ?

Thanks!

Edited by kas1e on 2022/10/2 9:43:26
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: x1000 documentation and some help need it
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Is USB booting works for X1000 or CD-ROM only way?

It does at least under Linux, haven't tested it with AmigaOS yet.

Quote:
Is cfe_20120608.lha are the last one ?

Latest is version 2.0.30

Quote:
Is rev2.1 of motherboard is the latest one ?

AFAIK yes.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Re: x1000 documentation and other x1000 related questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have one more manual:

Setting up dual Graphics Cards on the AmigaONE X1000:
Version 1.2 June 2012 Hans de Ruiter/Trevor Dickinson
AmigaONE X1000 Dual Graphic Card Installation Guide v1.2 ©2012

Booting of AmigaOS from USB is also possible, tested.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor
Quote:

I have one more manual:

Setting up dual Graphics Cards on the AmigaONE X1000:

Yeah, thanks, one polish user (amig_os) send me it already too.

Quote:

Is steps somewhere noted ?

@all
Can somebody point me out where i can download the latest CFE for x1000 as well ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all
Can somebody point me out where i can download the latest CFE for x1000 as well ?

Trevor wrote:

If you have the new firmware installed you will see the A-EON 'Boing Ball' logo'

Early Boot screen - new firmware:

https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com/download/file.php?id=424

PS.
cfe_20120608.lha (2.0.30)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

You can download the latest CFE from A-EON's website Here
You will need to login with your AmiiSphere account.

Another good resource for troubleshooting problems is this X1000 Wiki Page

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
You can download the latest CFE from A-EON's website Here

You need to be registered beta tester to access these files. Otherwise the site will be just blank.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd,DJBase
Yeah, i already tried and just got blank page. Anyway amiga_os send me latest stuff and seems that this cfe_20120608.lha is the last one (through i can't see in the binary 2.0.30 stings, but maybe they differently typed or encrypted)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
through i can't see in the binary 2.0.30 stings, but maybe they differently typed or encrypted)

You can see that version number using Ranger, on Hardware / Firmware Tabs.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DJBase
Quote:
You need to be registered beta tester to access these files. Otherwise the site will be just blank.

Well I'm not a beta tester and the page is blank until I login. I did purchase my X1000 from Amigakit, so maybe that gives me access.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Is steps somewhere noted ?

No, as I know. Steps are:
- put amigaboot.of to USB, connected to first port
- enter OpenFirmware
- type: boot fs=ext2 usbdisk0:amigaboot.of

My USB has ext2, normally you have fs=fatfs here. I have sometimes read problems when I accessed USB from different systems, so I change it to ext2.

This also assumes that System: disk is on device which is visible by amigaboot.of. From https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000

"Specifically, the SATA CD-ROM and SATA drive connected to Port1, SATA2 and IDE devices are scanned for partitions which are set as AmigaOS bootable, using the FFS2 or SFS file systems and containing an AmigaOS system."

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

Peg2 can boot directly from iso allso via of prompt. Is that possible in X1000 ?

Never tested it myself.

Can you boot AmigaOS from usb stick. Making sfs partition to stick or pushing iso to usb with rawdisk?

Bootable usb would be one nice emergency option :)

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mlehto

Peg2 can boot .iso image, but MorphOS only, with parameter bootimage. AmigaOS not as I know.

Bootable USB stisk works on Sam440/460, I am not sure on X1000. It have to be tested.
And if it not works, we can make a workaround with small partitition (with /Kickstart only) on SATA disk. It depends, if amigaboot.of see USB devices or not.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
https://wiki.amigaos.net/w/index.php?t ... 15#AmigaOS_boot_procedure

There is AmigaOS booting procedure and manual from Spectre660 how to make bootable USB stick. It can be tried with X1000.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

Ok, I was going to boot to linux for memory testing purposes. Didnt need, system is stable now.

Intresting reading that link. With little tweaking it is usable on of-systems, thanks :)

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

Does not look like booting from USB device is possible on X1000 .

So another option would be to prepare and format a hard drive on another machine with the ffs2 boot partition and amigaboot.of
and copying the contents of the AmigaOS 4.1 Install ISO system drawer to a second SFS/00 bootable partion .

The newer graphics card drivers could then be copied to the kickstart directory of the bootable partition .

Quote:
Please note, to be recognized by CFE (and accessible for loading the bootloader), hard drives or optical drives must be installed on the AmigaONE X1000’s SATA ports numbered 0 or 2 or on a supported SATA/PATA PCI card. The other port motherboard ports will not be recognized by CFE and you will not be able to boot from them.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor

I’m pretty sure you can’t boot from USB on X1000.
it uses openfirmeware.of boot file, and I believe it’s different for CD, and HD.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Updating your firmware: ---> Nemo_x1000_reflash_v1.1.pdf

1. Boot up your board and press 'F' at the menu (if you have one configured) to get into the
firmware prompt.

2. Load the firmware image into memory.
There are a variety of ways you can do that, the easiest way being to load ...

from a CD-ROM:
load -raw -iso -max=0x8000000 atapiX.Y:cfe.bin

From a USB stick:
load -raw -fatfs -max=0x8000000 usbdisk0:cfe.bin

From a TFTP server:
ifconfig eth0 -auto
load -raw -tftp -max=0x8000000 hostname_or_ip:cfe.bin

ps.
@ktadd is writing:

You can see that version number using Ranger, on Hardware / Firmware Tabs.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660 @LiveForIt

I agree, that X1000 cannot boot from USB completely.
But can partially, with this workaround:

1. stage execution of amigaboot.of from CFE:
CFE see USB, so amigaboot.of can be booted from USB normally - tested by me. Only has to be on CFE readable partition (FFS, ext2, fat, iso? )

2. stage amigaboot.of looking for kernel modules:
this is the weak point, amigaboot.of not see USB devices, only SATA devices from 1st port, then IDE and maybe PCI SATAs.
The workaround is to have for example CF-IDE adapter with CF card in IDE controller. With small FFS partition, and on this partition is /Kickstart directory - i.e. loader and kernel modules.
Of course, it can be also on separate SATA partition instead of CF card.
amigaboot.of find kernel modules location, execute loader from there and loader loads all modules
This stage is not tested, but it works for me similar on Pegasos machines, where firmware cannot read SFS2 partitions.

3. stage selection of booting AmigaOS device
after loading of all modules ( incl. USB and other controller drivers ) is again scanned all devices for booting AmigaOS System disk with the highest priority. This disk should be anywhere ( drivers loaded ), not only on 1st SATA.
So here we can boot from booting USB prepared according to Spectre660 manual.
This is also not tested, but it should work. It is firmware independent, and it works for Spectre660 on other machine.

All what we can do is to synchronize /Kickstart on CFcard with /Kickstart on System: disk after every kickstart change.
Note: amigaboot.cf can be on the same partition like /Kickstart, if this partition is visible by both OF and amigaboot.of (- i.e. probably on 1st SATA only)

So it look like mess, but it is easy. I use it often on old machines to boot from firmware unsupported SATA cards.
It all depends on what Kas1e wants to use it for. If he wants easy-modifiyng portable System: disk with no frequent /Kickstart changes it will works fine. If he need USB System: bootable from every X1000 machine, it will not works easy way.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Is onboard ethernet and audio drivers for x1000 works fine today and have no problems , or, i need to buy some additional network/sound cards for ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »