Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 30 »
Re: Mplayer Altivec test version for G4 and PA6T-1682M
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Argg the last famous words, it's better for sure, but not 100% fixed ..
When paused it's ok, but problem reapper when using the arrows to move back/forward into a video.

Don't know if you started from the same code but I just re-tested it with MUI MPlayer and this specific problem does not happen

P.S.

*As we are speaking about sound in MUI MPlayer, we had also a different issue: A bug that twiced the speed of the audio in some situation, Roman still investigate on it

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... um=3&topic_id=6486&order=

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thanks for this new version. Still some flaws BTW.

After having watched a video using p96_pip, I cannot play another video with the same video ouput, I get message saying the video output cannot be opened (maybe something isn't closed at the end of the video reading).

Cache is working normally (for SmTube it's great) but not with DVDs (MUI-Mplayer reads them using cache and isn't jerky at all).

Compositing works nicely (still some tearing appear). Would it be possible to center the video on the WB (as deos MUI-Mplayer) when it is first played ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

AHI dev fix added to repo

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

I think AHI buffer needs to be cleared, I have not tried, Joerg can experiment whit that. but I think the current fix makes it less of a issue, (maybe I'm wrong).

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

I tried to fix it, but now I think its more of a async problem in mplayer, even more so because of SDL audio out.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
Still some flaws BTW.

I know.

Quote:
After having watched a video using p96_pip, I cannot play another video with the same video ouput, I get message saying the video output cannot be opened (maybe something isn't closed at the end of the video reading).

I have changed some code after you tested it, the version you tested where untested ultra beta.

Quote:
Cache is working normally (for SmTube it's great) but not with DVDs (MUI-Mplayer reads them using cache and isn't jerky at all).

I have not looked at DVD stuff, it might be it will be fixed by newer mplayer code from mplayer hq.

Quote:
(still some tearing appear).

I have accusal not tried to fix tearing yet, to fix this I need to wait for video sync, I do not know its going to help or not.

Quote:
Would it be possible to center the video on the WB (as deos MUI-Mplayer) when it is first played ?

Yes that's easy to do.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

I would test that version but as I'm using an X1000 it'll be tricky checking the pip stuff ;)

Apart from the odd sized videos that give diagonal displays the only real problem is the totasl lack of correct aspect ratio in full screen mode. My monitor is 16:10 so looks even worse than on a HD 16:9 monitor.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Don't worry about it the PIP stuff should work now, I have tested my self.

Aspect ratio problem, I was going to make my own calculations but then I found it was already a standard one ready for use, so problem solved.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Excellent!

Does that include window mode. I'm a bit picky about aspect ratios and tend to sit and adjust the window size until it's as close to correct as i can get it. would be nice if you could only set the width and the height was handled automatically.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A small update from me. As you have seen, I have created a test repository on Google Code and mirrored all the code there, so that I can do a test merge of the latest MPlayer code without the fear of messing up the main repository. Once I'll finish the merge I'd keep this project open in case anyone would like to do some tests there.

I have first tried to mirror the main repository using svnsync, but I had problems in finding a way to do it from a repository to another, all the info I have found expect to first dump the whole source repository in a local file, a feature not implemented in Google Code. I have therefore done all the commits manually.

Now I'm trying to use the svn_load_dirs script to merge the old official sources with the latest ones. The script complains about some files being of different types between the two revisions, I believe this is because SVN converts all the soft links to text files containing the link's path, in order to be compatible with Windows' systems. A solution might be to commit again the old revision of the original sources and forcing the use of Linux' links.

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Quote:
Does that include window mode. I'm a bit picky about aspect ratios and tend to sit and adjust the window size until it's as close to correct as i can get it. would be nice if you could only set the width and the height was handled automatically.

Not in the version I'm compiling, maybe the next version after.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab

Quote:
At some point, the wheel actions were hardcoded in cgx stuff file, but i moved that to the generic input handling instead. So currently (and in the available sources as well), i just forward the wheel event to the mplayer event handling. You can then decide in input.conf what the wheel should do. It's much better than hard-coding it.

Thank you FAB, I look into that.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thanks for the new 3.1 in upload section

In readme i read that you (re)add that two:

Quote:
* Copyed "double click" to full-screen event code from old p96_pip to cgx_common.c
* Center windows when they open first time

However both still don't work here (tested with all video drivers on my Sam440 Flex + Radeon 9250)

P.S.
Still also the wrong "MorphOS title" in cgx_wpa driver, following the commit history in repository i though it was fixed aswell, but that's not

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

it works here.

EDIT: think some thing did not go so well whit nonaltivec version.

I have two directory's its always a bit work get every thing working. But I have used DIFF tools, so there all the files should be the same.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

In any case it might be that what I did was unsensory it might be that you can configure it some how, see comment from FAB.

http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_configure_MPlayer

Maybe some thing like:
MOUSE_BTN0_DBL get_vo_fullscreen

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/4/29 18:58:52
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/4/29 19:03:43
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Well i prefer to have all preimposted by default rathen than playing with config files, as it was before (in afxgroup binary)

Aniway maybe it could be a good idea (for all that internal beta) to release only quick "non-altivec" binary, in that case we can help you directly in forum for any eventual test before the release of the whole public archive, then recompile the altivec once all will be properly tested

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Well i prefer to have all preimposted by default rathen than playing with config files, as it was before (in afxgroup binary)

I can revert the change and just, provided a config file (progdir:conf/input.conf), it should work, just as well, it might be that some like to pause the video if they click in the window.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/4/30 23:21:20
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Maybe, but eventually with the right button not the left button, for example in cgx_wpa the single click with the left button will show the mouse pointer, while double click will put the video in fullscreen.. a similar thing might be done for all video drivers

But i don't know if it could be better to add it as a sepatated config option or just make it working directly as it was before (in afxgroup binary)

Edited by samo79 on 2014/4/29 19:51:51
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

I noticed v3.1 is no longer on Depot, was there a problem with it?

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sundown

Yes and No, it was compiled correctly for altivec, but not for none altivec (some missing features), I did not ask for it to be removed.

I can upload new version, but not right now, I'm trying to work on things that is important to me. I need to find the right balance between mplayer and other things, not so good at multitasking my self.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/8 0:14:37
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 30 »