Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 62

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Spoofing menu is not updated
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
When I set an URL to be browsed with another browser name, spoofing works but you should update the corresponding menu item in the "Settings/Spoof as" menu.

Using Odyssey with curl 7.32

Go to top
Re: Spoofing menu is not updated
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood
You better stick with fastfix#1 version , version with curl 7.32 just for our own tests to find out problems zzd10h and billie have, when time will come i will made another fastfix.

As for problem itself: i didn't get what you mean, but probably fab get.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I'll say it differently.
- I go in menu Windows/URL settings
- I set that when I go to http://www.amigans.net I want to be seen as "Chrome"
- I load amigans.net in Odyssey

I want to check if spoofing works. So I go to menu "Settings/Spoof as" but it still displays "Default setting" but it should say "Chrome" because I am on amigans.net

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood
Tested, the same on 1.23 mos version too. But that can be intended and be like this, as "spoof as" its something for fast manual change of current session.

@Fab
Btw, if we have in url settings set spoof, and then, manually do spoof in spoofas, then what option will be higher priority ?

I.e. should spoof as and spoof as in url settings have reference to each others and have connection like Elwood says ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e & elwood

In Odyssey (like in IBrowse), there are 3 different levels: global (in odyssey settings), per-url settings (in odyssey url settings) and temporary/per-tab (in odyssey menu).

The menu has priority over url settings, which itself has priority over global settings.

So of course, the menu is not supposed to show url or global spoof agent at all. It's not related.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Fab

Well, it is a bit related seen from the user's standpoint.

If you have an URL setting set for a particular page, asking to spoof as something specific, and you go to the page, it could be useful to be able to tell from the menu (or in some other way - maybe a status line string?) that the spoof is indeed active.

Or you may have forgotten that you already did set the URL setting spoof for a page, and then wonder why nothing changes when you use the temporary spoof from the menu.

In fact, I just had a similar situation:

I've just started using a document in Google Docs (reluctantly), and I grew tired of dismissing the complaint about me using a non-supported browser every time I entered it. So I decided to make an URL setting for docs.google.com and set it to spoof as Safari.

When I entered the doc again, nothing had changed; eventually it dawned on me that I needed to specify the URL with https:// instead of http://. But it would have helped my investigation if I could have seen somewhere that I was in fact not spoofing, but still reporting as Odyssey.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Exactly. In other words, if there is no way to know if spoofing is active and which one is enabled then we are left in the dark

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I propose doing this in the URL-setting window, then it would *often* be self-explanatory. So highlight in a meaningful way those lines there that have been matched.

Go to top

Register To Post