Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

geennaam, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Is it indifference or is it maturity?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@pixie

"one of the ideas I have of maturity comes from knowing how to handle different points of views..."

That's what this site is doing. Handle in the only possible way. Unfortunately, this becomes mandatory nowdays, thanks to the childish way of saying those 'different point of view's.

A1-XE/G4@933+Radeon7500/64MB, A1200BPPC+BVision
AmigaOS4 on both of course.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

What's so negative on what I'd just said?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Edited by pixie on 2007/4/19 0:58:05
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I implore you, don't take this any further down. Just be amigans and write about what you do with your amigas. Don't get hang up about "opinions" on this or that. That will just end up giving people a bad mood, scaring even more people away from all things amiga.

We need to learn to move on from the concept of arguing about "opinions" and start having fun. If we can't move on to the latter then what point is there to preserve what's left of this community?

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
What's really awesome is that;

Even though countless setbacks come our way,
Amiga 4 . oh IS HERE TO STAY!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @pixie

I would think that being an Amigan is foremost being a fan boy

Yep, I wish I had a really -- HI Speed setting! I'd like to blow you away!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@number6
"For most I speak with, it begins with a feeling of being powerless to affect change. That, in turn, leads to indifference. Quite insightful really, when you realize there are thousands of people in the community who expressed the desire for change at one point or another."

There is another aspect "passion". You cannot feel legitimate passion for something that is completely beyond your control.

You can only feel passionate about those things you may be able to influence.

Recognising the lack of influence can only go two ways. Indifference (the lack of passion) or transference onto an aspect you think you can influence.

Changing tact is not always that easy, especially when it is hard to work out what can be influenced by passion, argument and ideas.

The trolls have passion, if little good sense. They have targeted Amiga Inc, and it works to a degree, isolating it, cutting off effective communications etc.,. The plan, is destructive, just bring it down so the OS is up for grabs, and I am not referring to Hyperion in this (that is more complex, and more likely to be resolved).

The passion for destructive trolling is entirely negative, nothing can be allowed to escape, no idea, no debate, no hope, all has to be blighted. That is why they leave nothing alone, and why it becomes increasingly frustrating to talk about anything without a constant background of irrelevant distractions.

On the other hand, changing tact, and trying by enthusiasm ideas and debate to influence future directions, is a way ahead and useful to to the companies involved.

SAM, other than selling to the small Amigan community, does not have on the face of it bright future. SAM as a cool running but "slower", "older" Cpu design seems to lock us in another backwater. Yet it is our only hope in current silicon.

The problem to my mind is how we are framing it, and the locked-in Desktop model is the number one problem in this.

SAM has some great characteristics, not the least its passive cooling 24/7 design. This fits it into many potential roles aside from being a small Desktop clunker.

Think of SAM in as many roles as possible, that would help, that are not simply a Desktop machine. Its not hard, to get excited about it as a mini server, a control device (cattle counting and water control on isolated stations - solar panel/battery powered). As a robust general communications hub (imagine trying to run an INTEL box in Australia's dusty deserts. We have thousands of remote settlements). various forms of portable uses. Etc.,.

In all this a quick booting light OS that is easily customized for special purposes (the KIOSKing interface).

Now with risk of being shot down -- imagine OS4 complementing SAM distribution by a more than adequate fast terminal PS3.

SAM is vital in this, along with other Amigaboards, to broaden out what can be done. Passively cooled CPU, you can't get a better design for multiple and diverse use.

Find the passion in what can be influenced however indirectly. Ideas are cheap, good ideas are rare, but it only takes one good idea to change things.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)