Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Micro A1 and Graphics
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good morning all,

Does the composite video output of the Micro A1 do anything? I get a 60hz sync but no display output. Any ideas?

Which PCI video cards could I use in a Micro A1 instead of the on-board chipset?

Thanks,

Steve

Go to top
Re: Micro A1 and Graphics
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@slcroucher

Don't know about the composite video out on the micro A1. As far as using a different graphics card, I know there was a special version of UBoot that allowed support of such a possibility but it was not, to my knowledge, made publicly available. Without UBoot support any attempt to use a graphics card in the micro A1 other than the built-in graphics will not work. Even with the modified UBoot software, I'm not sure if anyone got good results with other graphics cards on the micro A1.

Scott

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@slcroucher

Composite output has never been supported in the OS4 drivers.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@slcroucher

My understanding is a pci9250 will work as long as you use pio modes for a1ide.device by forcing them into pio via uboot and also turning off usb in uboot. But whether thats the case with the public uboot or only the unreleased one I don't know. If you have a pci 9250 to hand you could try but i wouldnt rush out and buy one incase it doesn't.
Shame the update never got released but I guess it would be something else for hyperion to support if it did get released.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top

Register To Post