Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 40 »
Re: Beta testing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

sub-attaq only works with opengl afaik. Try setting native painting to off and see if the problem goes away.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
About these errors:

Quote:

error: expected ',' or '...' before 'protected'

I posted about this many times, but forgot to include a note in the readme, sorry! The problem is the use of the keyword "signals" in the OS SDK includes. "signals" is reserved by Qt for special use (namely to define, ehm, signals), and thus should not be used by any other code. Unfortunately it conflicts with OS includes. Solution: Just put an underscore in front of the word "signals", ie. "_signals". This you will have to do in three places (you will be told by the compiler where to look). Hope this helps.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

About Vacuum: I need to find a solution to the flashing amidock, of course. I don't think the crashes you see are related, actually, I think they have to do with "stray" mouse events. Sound: The reason it doesn't work is, that I haven't bothered to implement QSound, I will see what I can do about it.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
I posted about this many times, but forgot to include a note in the readme, sorry! The problem is the use of the keyword "signals" in the OS SDK includes...

That will be fixed in the next SDK by the way.

I've started working on that already in my spare time but it will be a while.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

Is it ok to report bugs here or better by email? I mean problem with writing special ISO 8859-2 characters ;)

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris:
Not in front of my amiga, from my memory...

About sqlite3.
Without it gmake complained about some sqlite functions missing and made me a warning about libsqlite3.so not found.
I tried with the sqlite3.a found on OS4depot and it complained now about __ion undefined reference (and 2 or 3 more functions).
Therefore I had to recompile sqlite3 to produce a uptodate sqlite3.a.
After the compilation of sqlite3 (with a special configure option to disable dynamic linking,I have noted it but can't remember for the moment) the build of imapquickcheck ran succesfully.
But as I said sql functions doesn't seem to work well, certainly your method will make it work (I hope)
I have to try your solution now (after my holidays ;) ) thank you, i will keep you in touch...

@Alfkil,
Will try for signals, thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Quote:
sub-attaq only works with opengl afaik. Try setting native painting to off and see if the problem goes away

I disabled the native paint engine but now the window in sub-attack are not rendered at all .. aka i have a big "white box" instead

Instead with native paint engine enabled only the top part of the window are not rendered correctly while the rest of the window still ok and even the animation in demo works normally
If you need later i can post a couple of grabs

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

zzd10h wrote:
Without it gmake complained about some sqlite functions missing and made me a warning about libsqlite3.so not found.

Uh-huh.

Quote:

I tried with the sqlite3.a found on OS4depot and it complained now about __ion undefined reference (and 2 or 3 more functions).
Therefore I had to recompile sqlite3 to produce a uptodate sqlite3.a.
After the compilation of sqlite3 (with a special configure option to disable dynamic linking,

Right. That's your problem - you have to use the .so version otherwise the Qt shared objects can't find it.

The correct fix is:
makelink sdk:local/newlib/lib/libsqlite3.so sobjs:libsqlite3.so soft
(Or is it the other way round? Always get that wrong.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thank you Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mr2

Any way you please, but there are more chances, that I will read it over email

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Just a few remarks. I have noted all your mentioned issues on my todo list.

Quote:

4) Certain dropdown menus doesn't scrolled at all if you try to move the scrollbar with the mouse

Can you give an example?

Quote:

6) No more autoalign issue (thanks!!), but now that specific windows become a bit slower, aka they needs a couple of seconds to be opened

Well, that's just the way things go these days ;)

Quote:

7) The statusbars of any Qt apps contain an extraneous resize gadget (usefull for all the other platform maybe but not in AmigaOS)
We don't need that i think since the intuition windows have their own resize gadget already

I have been thinking how to solve this. Think I have a solution :)

Quote:

10) The browser crash with an ISI error any time i try to load the Google homepage !

Doesn't crash here....?

Quote:

11) Every time you start an App a fontconfig window will appear for a fraction of second .. not a big problem but it's not so elegant to see .. is it possible to hide it completely ?

Well, it needs to be there for cases, when the fontconfig database is updated, and I am not entirely sure on how to do it differently.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
Quote:
7) The statusbars of any Qt apps contain an extraneous resize gadget (usefull for all the other platform maybe but not in AmigaOS)
We don't need that i think since the intuition windows have their own resize gadget already

I have been thinking how to solve this. Think I have a solution :)

btw, the reason for this is that certain operating systems can create windows that have a thin border on the right and bottom edges, and still be resized by grabbing the thin corner. The Qt resize gadget gives a bigger anchor point in this situation, and ensures the bottom status information (which tends to accompany it) and the sizing gadget are on the same bottom line of the window.

There are a few solutions I can think of. One of them involves updating Intuition to allow windows to be created with thin borders on the right and bottom when a sizing gadget is present. The second best option is for Qt to create windows with thin borders on the right and left, but no (Intuition) sizing gadget. The Qt sizing gadget can then be enabled. I'm not sure if it is possible to detect which windows will need an Intuition sizing gadget at creation time though.

Maybe Alfkil has something better in mind

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Quote:
Can you give an example?

Yes, see grab:

http://s14.postimg.org/pktpuc8qp/dropdown.png

The problem is that the menu opened you see in grab can't be selected with the mouse in order to move its vertical scrollbar up or down ..

This one is probably a bug or just a missing implementation

Buttons instead works fine, but moving the bar should work too

(BTW: as we are here, i can say that later a mouse whell support should be nice a nice addition too!)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Hmm, strange. I think it used to work, so I must have messed something up. Also if you try the embeddeddialogs demo, you will see, that *exactly* the same gadget works with both mouse wheel and dragging the scrollbar. Actually, if you try textedit and press the empty areas above and beneath the scrollbar, it "works".

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Maybe Alfkil has something better in mind

That was pretty much my thought on the matter :).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Alfkil: raaah, rou're making me curious, how will you attack the problem?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

I think, you doing some thing funky whit event handler code. a lot thing I press get sticky and does not notice the event for mouse button up key.

It looks to me as if some of the events get stuck in wrong event massage ports, or they get lost some how.

In Excalibur it got a bit tricky to finger out what window to read the events from I so in the end read it from all window userports. (I know it was a bit too simplified, but It worked for me)

I don't know if you can do the same for QT or not.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/7/11 21:28:54
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

I have suspended mouseup events for the second click of a double click, because it made the file requesters crash on double clicking an item. This is probably not the best solution, though. I think I need to somehow check, if the window still exists instead.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Is there any chance that scrollbars can be dragged by the mouse even after the mouse has gone outside of the scrollbar area (left/right of a vertical scrollbar)? As currently it can make scrolling very tricky (worse than Windows, which is an achievement).

Also, lack of assignments in "Computer" section of file requester is problematic, such that it only shows real volumes. (I use assignments quite a bit).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Please release QT with the libraries & SDK separated, so users don't need to download 100s of MBs that they don't need.

While the .tar.gz is "just" 400MB, unpacking the .gz gives a 1000MB (1GB!) ,tar file. The files required by USERS appears to "only" be 240MB uncompressed (inc 80MB for a WebKit SO), but compressed it is only 73MB!

So users are being asked to download 330MB & install 760MB of useless junk (from their perspective).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 40 »