Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
217 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga North Thames (ANT) meeting this Sunday
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A reminder that the monthly Amiga North Thames meeting is this coming Sunday (14th April).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Amiga North Thames (ANT) meeting this Sunday
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Unless something drastic happens, I will be there, hopefully with Robert in tow

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I might be able to attend. "Might, Mikey, might!"

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I plan to be there as well. I felt too tired last month. I hope people will be doing something creative instead of mainly using the Internet, which they could do on a phone.

I hope someone can check my parallel port after all this has happened http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62243 .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
coming this month

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBruno
Today's meeting was quite different (although so was last month's too - since we were surprised with Trevor Dickinson turning up unannounced).

Edited by ChrisH on 2013/4/14 21:01:20
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Oh dear! What have I missed? What a disaster!

I'm afraid I didn't make it this time because the night before I was drinking plenty of red wine while doing some artwork of a super hero character I invented myself, but in DC/Marvel style. I eventually passed out on the sofa, then when I woke up, I felt I had to go to bed, but didn't get any more sleep. After all this, I didn't have enough energy to come to this month's meeting. Still, at least I didn't drink loads of Absinthe and cut off my ear like Vincent van Gogh!

I'm very sorry to have missed Trevor Dickinson. I was trying to contact him to correct a mistake he made on his blog, although this was only loosely connected to the Amiga. I can't find any way to contact him. The mistake was that, in spite of which company markets it in various countries, the classic TV series Catweazle, which the Amiga device Catweasel is named after, was by ITV, not the BBC!

BTW, I've just bought some more Amiga hardware, which I'll bring along to the next meeting.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmigaBruno

Quote:

I'm afraid I didn't make it this time because the night before I was drinking plenty of red wine while doing some artwork of a super hero character I invented myself, but in DC/Marvel style. I eventually passed out on the sofa,

Sounds like a good night!

Quote:

I'm very sorry to have missed Trevor Dickinson. I was trying to contact him to correct a mistake he made on his blog, although this was only loosely connected to the Amiga.

You could try private messaging him here - username TrevorDick (there's an email address in his profile too, although I'm not sure if mere mortals can see it)

As for what you missed - I have no idea as I didn't go either.

@ChrisH
Quote:
although so was last month's too - since we were surprised with Trevor Dickinson turning up unannounced

Trevor did actually announce he would be turning up last month.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the contact details! I've just sent Trevor a message telling him that Catweazle is an ITV series.

Of course, my Saturday night/Sunday morning spent at home was following a big night out the previous night, which ended at 06:00.

Now I'm off to study some Amiga C Programming. This is computing not communication, as pointed out on BBC Click a few years ago.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Random comment from me.. Anyone watch the Matt Lucas awards? During the hidden talent section Dave Gorman had to fold a Commodore t shirt.. The things us amigans notice Hehe

Go to top

Register To Post