Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Frogatto ALPHA is Open
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
it is the ALPHA version of Frogatto has been released.
Now I ask you to read the docs and not do anything at the risk of having problems with this version.
Thank you for your understanding.
Reminder: The library can be downloaded separately and its status is GIFTWARE.
Thank you and good game
http://www.clubevolution4.com/HunoPortSDL/
PS: Remember, this game works only made ​​HARDWARE then you can re-release your radeon PCI
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Re: Frogatto ALPHA is Open
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Run very nice on my x1000 - Radeon 9250.

Great gameplay, sound and graphics (with native Warp3D)

Is someone tried it with Wazp3D ?

As usual, good work HunoPPC !
Many thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I tried it with Wapz3D. It doesn`t work.
Have a look into the readme.
I must wait for Warp3D for my RadeonHD card

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HunoPPC

Works perfectly on my Sam440, awesome port as usual

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Simply Amazing! Really thank you! it flies on my sam440ep mini itx with 64MbVram!

OT

maybe, you can have a look at Aquaria and improve it with your library for system with only 64Mb of VRam..

/OT

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello

>I tried it with Wapz3D. It doesn`t work.

I have investigated a few but for the moment I dont know why it dont works with Wazp3D
Seems thats Frogatto needs "Hack Texs: No safe" (same config as Giddy) but even with that options It is still buggy
I will investigate more next week .... But I am confident that such a simple 2D game may finally works with Wazp3D

Alain Thellier - Wazp3D author

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Woow, Huno I'm very shocked with all your proyects for Amiga, incredible the time to develop them!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Huno
Quality port ! Works very smooth on peg2. I remeber how slow it was 1 year ago when you do initial port, now its just feels very smooth. Game itself remind me all those old amiga and sega megadrive games. Through graphic in some places can be better, but maybe because of such blocky graphics in some places it feels like old good games.

Port almost didn't load cpu: maximum cpu loading which i have in action: 25%, which in compare with initial port for sure very nice.

Can you in brief explain what you optimise, what you change, what you add to libboostygfx on technical side (i mean which functions, etc). Can other porters use your libboostycgx in their ports ? Maybe you can make an SDK for that library ? If it have some SDL graphics funcs replacement, then most of us for sure in interest to reuse it in some of our old ports :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hello
thank you for your positive feedback.
Information for this library, is dedicated to Frogatto and in any case it can not be used with another port.
this library is a big personal work for my next game, and in no case opensource (I recall its status: GIFTWARE)
do not believe I have anything revolutionized the concept of the library is the wrapper around SDL is very slow, in fact I almost made ​​the call sdl except keyboard and mouse, the timer access the memory and the graphic direct access.
So all those who want to make portages qualities do like me and you will be delighted to see your fps increased.
you will understand that this is a personal work and you enjoy some of my new 3D engine in advance.
Good game
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post