Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
192 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 192

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: New RadeonHD driver
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Tajmaster
Why do you want a RadeonHD card anyway? The Sam440's Radeon 9250 (built-in or otherwise) is pretty good, and actually has working 3D!

If you have a non-Flex Sam440 (I forget) then it only has 64MB of Graphics RAM, which can be a little limiting (and cause massive slow-down in the worst case), but with a little tweaking to settings it should be fine (IMHO).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Got my login/pass but dont work. Brings up authentication window every time.Tried with owb/mui-owb/timberwolf/firefox/chrome. I replied the mail to verify.

EDIT: Hacked my own login (capital typo in the mail) so now im downloading :)

With older driver: 1920 x 1080 32bit Overall Score: 2,304.92

With latest driver: 1080 x 1020 32bit Overall Score: 2,327.46

Edited by Kicko on 2012/7/11 17:51:23
Edited by Kicko on 2012/7/11 20:51:37
Edited by Kicko on 2012/7/11 20:53:45
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Tajmaster
Why do you want a RadeonHD card anyway? The Sam440's Radeon 9250 (built-in or otherwise) is pretty good, and actually has working 3D!

If you have a non-Flex Sam440 (I forget) then it only has 64MB of Graphics RAM, which can be a little limiting (and cause massive slow-down in the worst case), but with a little tweaking to settings it should be fine (IMHO).

Hi Chris

Im just curious as to whether it will work to be honest. Ive got a 9250 Radeon on my SAM Flex 733Mhz and never thought it was "slow" but with this new driver around its nice to know it will work should the need arise

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

AmigaBlitter wrote:
Hi Hans,

have you done some kind of test with a radeon PCI version without a connector?

I have no idea what you mean by "without a connector."

Please note that initial RadeonHD driver development was done using an A1-XE exclusively with PCI versions of the graphics cards. It wasn't until ACube released the Sam460ex that I was able to use PCI-Express versions.

Also, the PCI graphics cards have a PCI-to-PCIe bridge chip on-board. Hence, software-wise there is no difference between a PCI Radeon HD card, and a PCI-Express Radeon HD card that is connected via a PCI-to-PCIe bridge (except for maybe the specific bridge chip used).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I mean standard pci, not pci express

thank you

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)